Hello,

I have not had much time to work on Jamba recently. I also can no longer afford to multi-box (single income, child, saving for house, etc). I have been dual-boxing for the last two years only with the intention of supporting Jamba. These factors makes it really hard to test and support Jamba. When I do have the time to play WoW, I actually want to play WoW rather than work on Jamba! I've managed to support Jamba for six years. Thank you to everyone who has donated over this time. Your generosity has been appreciated.

So, it's time for me to let go and move on.

However, I don't want to leave Jamba in its current state. Jamba has become complicated over its lifetime. People have trouble getting a basic setup working. The recent failure of mine to implement cross realm support successfully for everybody has been frustrating for me and I'm sure many of you.

In order to remedy this I intend to simplify Jamba before I move on.

I would like to remove the following features;

1) The communications channel.
This means your team list must consist of characters that are online. You can use profiles, macros or ISBoxer to manage adding and removing characters from a team.

2) Support for characters not in a party, raid or battleground.
Jamba tries to accommodate your characters not in a party, raid or battleground. This added complexity makes it hard to make sure a message has been sent to all the characters and is causing issues.

And update the following feature;

3) Cross realm support.
Characters will be stored with separate name and realm fields. A check box will be added to the team management interface for cross realm support. If you have a cross realm team, you will need to check this box and make sure all the realm names are correct. If you have a same realm team, realms will be ignored. Internally Jamba is going to rely on a characters global unique identifier rather than a name-realm pair.

The following features need to be fixed but I probably won't do them;

4) Quest support is broken due to WoD changes and I have not had a chance to investigate properly.
5) I know that there is a lot more that needs to be fixed.

I want to solicit your opinions on how to proceed from here;

Do you want me to make the simplifying changes above?
Should I just abandon Jamba as is?
Do you have a better solution to the current state of the Jamba code base and the usability of Jamba?
Should I try and revert all the cross realm changes and not have cross realm support at all?
I will probably open-source the Jamba code (MIT License, not a fan of GPL).
Ideally one or more developers would step forward and be willing to take over the Jamba development including the Curseforge and Curse sites. Anyone know any multi-boxing WoW developers?
Other thoughts?

Cheers,
Jafula.