Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Threaded View

Question A new software solution needs your help!

I'm in the process of writing up a new multiboxing software solution, and I need the community's help. I've laid the groundwork for the nitty gritty, simple cloning. I have some feature ideas of my own, and now I want to hear from real multiboxers, the suggestions they'd want to give if given the opportunity to really affect change when it comes with a piece of software. Requests/ideas for features that are either not to one's liking or aren't offered in other software solutions aimed at multiboxing.

I also am looking for people who may want to seriously be involved in the creative process by way of becoming a tester, if so, I await your messages in my forum inbox. (Please include some reasoning as to why you'd want to test, your experience with multiboxing, and testing software.)

So here's the thread where you can post your thoughts, an opportunity to attempt to progress a multiboxing solution to best fit the needs of you and people like you.

SUGGESTIONS SO FAR:

• Supernova09
    • Manage your CPUs and GPUs (Dev inquiry: Clock rates, core affinities, fan speeds?)
    • Program your input devices (Dev inquiry: polling rates, macros, keymaps?)
    • Use different game settings, such as graphics levels, per window - Virtualized Config files
    • Organize your game windows into a custom layout, with instant re-arrangement when switching windows.
    • Clone your mouse clicks and keystrokes to some or all windows, exactly as performed, including a visible mouse cursor
    • Ability to build my own custom widgets via an overlaid UI (Dev inquiry: Elaborate on the possible functions of these widgets.)
    • Ability to Map your keys for multiboxing with a highly configurable mapping system, not only for passing keystrokes but also for adjusting widgets, switching windows, modifying other mappings
    • Full support for many games and keep adding support for new games.
    • Sandboxing - ability to run multiple copies of games on the same system (Dev inquiry: What games specifically are you unable to run more than one copy of on the same system?)
    • In game macro support (especially for automated FTL)
    • Ualaa
    • White/black list of keys.
    • Round robin/cascading of input actions.
    • Networked support (Dev note: This is one of my main focuses, as well as keeping communications between clients over the wire encrypted for some protection against MITM. Trusting a piece of software to essentially log your keys, then broadcast them over your LAN. I want to do my best to ensure that using the software doesn't open up a vector of attack on your privacy. My thought was encrypting via AES using a shared key that must be input on all of your clients.)
    • Character "role grouping".
    • Mouse broadcast "regions".
    • Action target groups.
    • Video feeds.
    • Ughmahedhurtz
    • Accurate mouse scaling (Dev note: I had this idea myself, of how I would scale a mouse to conform to different resolutions)
    • Client focus/cursor swap (Dev inquiry: Are you meaning, to control a single selected remote PC's inputs from another, or to switch master to the PC currently receiving actual hardware input?)
    • Sub-client window surface broadcast (Dev inquiry: The client software itself, or the game window? Could you elaborate?)
    • Dynamic formation of hotkeys (Dev inquiry: Could to clarify what you had in mind a bit further?)
    • Verbose debug output.
    • Settings import/export and profiles.
    Last edited by HydraCoder : 04-27-2012 at 07:33 PM Reason: Developer inquiries to current suggestions