Close
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 218

Default Mecurio's Cataclysm Multiboxing Macros

After doing quite a bit of research and testing on the training dummies, I thought I'd post my DPS macros for post patch 4.0.1. I hope they are useful and as always, feel free to improve them. All my macros are created in standard WoW.

To cope with the increased complexity of talents and procs in Cata, I set up a new step system in ISBoxer. One button toggles between two key maps: one that simply sends "2" when I hit the "2" key (my main spam key) and the other that alternates between sending "2" and sending ";" when I hit the "2" key. When entering combat, I always make sure the alternating key map is active. This is quite easy to set up using the Step and New Map Key State Action tools in ISBoxer.

I then created a DPS Sequence Macro that I attached to "2" and a DPS Proc Macro that I attached to ";" for each type of DPS.

EDIT: Since these macros seem to be of help to a number of folks, I've added more instructions for how to set the "2 Step" up in ISBoxer here:

If you are using Lax's "FTL DPS Keys" keymap, you already have a "DPS 2" mapped key that simply sends the keypress of a "2" to all windows when you press "2".

Create another mapped key within "FTL DPS Keys" called "2 Step" that is also called when you press "2" but has two steps - the first sends "2" to all windows (exactly as above), while the second step sends ";" to all windows.

Now all you need to do is set up a new mapped key in your "Control" key map. I called mine "2 Step Toggle" and associated it with the "Insert" key. It will have two steps in it.

Step one has 3 actions:

1) A new mapped key state action (one of the options when you add a new step) that toggles the "DPS 2" mapped key within "FTL DPS Keys" to On
    2) A new mapped key state action that toggles the "2 Step" mapped key within "FTL DPS Keys" to Off
    3) A popup text with a message like "2 Step Turned OFF"

Step two has 3 actions:

1) A new mapped key state action that toggles the "DPS 2" mapped key within "FTL DPS Keys" to Off
    2) A new mapped key state action that toggles the "2 Step" mapped key within "FTL DPS Keys" to On
    3) A popup text with a message like "2 Step Turned ON"

That's it! Use "Insert" to turn your toggle on or off.

Attach the sequence macros to your "2" key in WoW and the proc macros to your ";" key in WoW. Done.

(Of course, you may want to associate your proc macros with something other than ";" - Pinot used "9" and sent the 2nd step of his "2 Step" mapped key action to "9".)

Also, Va1entines was good enough to post a couple of screenshots of this set up in ISBoxer (thanks Va1entines!):

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9224/firstle.jpg
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3739/secondtq.jpg NOTE: This is *not* correct - it should show two steps in the macro: the first step sending "2" to all windows and the second step sending ";" to all windows - sorry I didn't initally notice this!

Destro Lock

Destro Sequence Macro (Target Based)

Code:
    /tar party1
    /tar raid1
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence [@targettarget] reset=5 Soul Fire,Immolate,Corruption,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Soul Fire,Immolate,Incinerate,Corruption,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate
    /cast [@targettarget] Firebolt
    /cast [@targettarget] Chaos Bolt
    /cast [@targettarget] Shadowburn
    /use 13
    /use 14

Destro Sequence Macro (Focus Based)

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=target/5 Soul Fire,Immolate,Corruption,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate,Soul Fire,Immolate,Incinerate,Corruption,Incinerate,Incinerate,Incinerate
    /cast Firebolt
    /cast Chaos Bolt
    /cast Shadowburn
    /use 13
    /use 14

Destro Proc Macro (Target Based)

Code:
    /tar party1
    /tar raid1
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence reset=7 [@targettarget] Conflagrate,Curse of the Elements,Bane of Doom,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Bane of Doom,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Summon Doomguard
    Destro Proc Macro (Focus Based)

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence reset=7 Conflagrate,Curse of the Elements,Bane of Doom,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Bane of Doom,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate,Conflagrate
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Summon Doomguard
    Demonology Lock

Demonology Sequence Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=12 Immolate,Corruption,Incinerate,Bane of Doom,Hand of Gul'dan, Curse of the Elements,Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate,Life Tap,Corruption,Hand of Gul'dan,Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate,Incinerate, Immolate,Incinerate,Hand of Gul'Dan,Corruption,Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate,Hand of Gul'Dan,Incinerate,Incinerate, Incinerate
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cast Summon Doomguard
    /petattack [@target]
    /cast Demonic Empowerment
    Demonology Proc Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=30 SoulBurn,Soul Fire
    /cast Shadow Bite
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Shadowburn
    /use 13
    /use 14
    Shadow Priest

Shadow Sequence Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=3 Vampiric Touch,Devouring Plague,Shadow Word: Pain,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Death,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Devouring Plague,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Shadow Word: Death,Mind Flay
    Shadow Proc Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Archangel,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Dispersion,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Shadowfiend,Mind Blast
    /use 13
    /use 14
    Smite (Healing/DPS) Priest - note that these are focus based instead of assist based like the other macros on this page - feel free to modify as needed for your preferred method

Smite Priest Sequence Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast [@focustarget,harm,exists][harm] Smite
    /cast [@focus,exists,help] Prayer of Mending
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast Archangel
    /cast [@player] Power Infusion
    Smite Priest Proc Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast [@focustarget,harm,exists][harm] Holy Fire
    /cast [@focus,exists,help] Power Word: Shield

Ele Shaman

Ele Sequence Macro

Code:
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=combat/8 Flame Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    Ele Proc Macro

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat/8 Call of the Elements,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Searing Totem,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst,Lava Burst
    /use 13
    /use 14

Survival Hunter

Surv Sequence Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence Hunter's Mark,Serpent Sting,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Serpent Sting,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
    /cast Rapid Fire
    Surv Proc Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Black Arrow
    /use 13
    /use 14

Balance Druid (do not take the Sunfire talent!)

Balance Sequence Macro

Code:
    /assist focus
    /castsequence Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath, Wrath, Wrath,Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire
    Balance Proc Macro

Code:
    /assist focus
    /castsequence Starsurge
    /cast [noform] Moonkin Form
    /use 13
    /use 14

Continued next post...
    Last edited by Mercurio : 06-05-2012 at 08:47 PM Reason: Added Smite Priest Macros, Updated Lock Macros
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Arcane Mage

Arcane Sequence Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Barrage
    /cast Presence of Mind
    Arcane Proc Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Missiles
    /click BT4Button75
    /cast Arcane Power
    /use 16
    /use 13
    /use 14
    BTW, BT4Button75 holds another macro (below). I find that is it nice to be able to simply remove it from my bar if I don't want "pet" type DPS (around guards, when saving mirror image for a boss, etc).

Code:
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Flame Orb

Frost Mage (extremely complex to try to optimize. What I have here is courtesy of Fishbeak)

Frost Sequence Macro:

Code:
    /assist focus
    /castsequence Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Frostfire Bolt
    Frost Proc Macro

Code:
    /castsequence Deep Freeze
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental
    /cast Early Frost
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Icy Veins
    /use 13
    /use 14

Protection Pally (all credit to Pinot for this one, works great)

Prot Sequence Macro

Code:
    /startattack
    /tar Chains of Woe
    # /tar Ascendant
    /castsequence reset=5 Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement,Hammer of the Righteous,Word of Glory,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Judgement,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /cast Holy Wrath
    /use 13
    /use14
    /use 10
    Protection Pally Proc Macro

Code:
    /castsequence reset=20 Consecration,Divine Protection,Consecration

Protection Warrior

Prot War Sequence Macro - Single Target

Code:
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat/6 Devastate,Devastate,Thunder Clap,Demoralizing Shout,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate
    /cast Shield Slam
    /cast Shield Block
    Prot War Sequence Macro - AOE/Trash Targets

Code:
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat/6 Shield Slam,Demoralizing Shout,Shockwave,Rend,Thunder Clap,Shield Slam,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Thunder Clap,Shield Slam,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Thunder Clap
    Prot War Proc Macro

Code:
    /cast Revenge
    /use 13
    /use 14

Fire Mage

Fire Sequence Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=target/5 Scorch,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball
    /cast Pyroblast!
    Fire Proc Macro

Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Combustion
    /use Mana Gem
    /use 13
    /use 14

As for how 4.0.1 is working out, I was amazed when I did my weekly 3D Sarth and he fell in 45 seconds. Two toons were above 10K DPS and my boomkin was even at 8600 DPS. Of course, this was with heroism, but still.

I ran a bunch of heroics as well and am amazed at how much more quickly things are going down.

I hope all of you are doing as well and enjoying our new DPS uberness.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-31-2012 at 05:25 AM Reason: fixed formatting

thanks for sharing!

just so i understand the alternating bit between your normal and proc keys.
    Does this mean all your toons will try and cast your proc key at the same time? or do you have a separate "toggle" key for each toon?
    Last edited by Zub : 10-25-2010 at 01:10 AM
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    thanks for sharing!

just so i understand the alternating bit between your normal and proc keys.
    Does this mean all your toons will try and cast your proc key at the same time? or do you have a separate "toggle" key for each toon?
    I've just re-read the thread and think i misunderstood you, as you said you always start a fight with the alternating key on.
    (which basically sends "2" (spam) then ";"(proc) then "2"(spam) etc

Considering your mage macro below
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Arcane Mage

Arcane Sequence Macro
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence Arcane Blast
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Mirror Image
    /use Mana Gem

Arcane Proc Macro
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=6 Arcane Blast,Arcane Blast,Arcane Missiles
    Does that mean that using the alternating keymap you will cast the following?
    - Arcane Blast (from spam)
    - Arcane Blast (from proc)
    - Arcane Missiles (from proc)
    - repeat (not including the other buff casts)

at what point do you use your spam-only keymap?
    Also, what happens if you get a streak of mroe than 5 AB that don't proc missiles? wont the proc castsequence lock?

at the moment my mage is using a single key:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] Arcane Blast
    /cast Arcane Missiles
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Mirror Image

That seems to work ok for me (casts missiles whenever it procs, AB otherwise). What are the advantages of your macro?
    thanks for your help.
    -Zub
    Last edited by Zub : 10-25-2010 at 05:15 PM
    .[I

I'm also confused why you have "/assist focus" in your macros if you're using ISBoxer.

He has ISBoxer and KC.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

/assist focus is in there because when you do 10 man raids boxing you need to have dps attacking targets that are different than your tanks. This is an issue I have with Isboxer right now. I need to have my dps focus Merc while I offtank and using FTL will not work because it always uses your mains target. I just sent a message about how to fix that problem. With Cat we will need crowd control and if my alts only target what my tank targets it wont work. BTW Merc has disabled FTL and just uses focus because trying to focus on others with FTL is a pain in the ass. I am trying to get it figured out because it's not working with the new macros now.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    I've just re-read the thread and think i misunderstood you, as you said you always start a fight with the alternating key on.
    (which basically sends "2" (spam) then ";"(proc) then "2"(spam) etc

Considering your mage macro below

Does that mean that using the alternating keymap you will cast the following?
    - Arcane Missiles (from proc)
    - repeat (not including the other buff casts)

at what point do you use your spam-only keymap?
    Also, what happens if you get a streak of mroe than 5 AB that don't proc missiles? wont the proc castsequence lock?

at the moment my mage is using a single key:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] Arcane Blast
    /cast Arcane Missiles
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Mirror Image

That seems to work ok for me (casts missiles whenever it procs, AB otherwise). What are the advantages of your macro?
    thanks for your help.
    -Zub

Zub, the sequence of five Arcane Blasts then an Arcane Missiles is exactly what you would expect the alternating macro to produce. However, since I'm spamming the key much more quickly than the cast time of Arcane Blast, it is almost random which of the two macros actually executes when my toon can next cast. Therefore, at minimum he casts 2 Arcane Blasts (assuming only the proc macro triggers) before hitting Arcane Missiles and at the other extreme my toon can cast many more Arcane Blasts (in practice, 8 or so is the most I've seen) before casting Arcane Missiles.

Here is why it is better than just casting Arcane Missiles whenever they proc: Arcane Blasts put a stacking increase in arcane damage of the next arcane spell cast (up to four) that is used up when Arcane Missiles is cast. This buff also increases the mana used for each Arcane Blast. To optimize for max DPS, you'd just chain-cast Arcane Blasts, meaning you'd be at the max damage buff for all casts after the first four, but you'd run out of mana very quickly that way.

The optimum number of Arcane Blasts without running out of mana too quickly is five before each Arcane Missiles. Casting Arcane Missiles whenever they proc leads to poor DPS b/c you aren't building up much of the stacking damage buff before starting the cycle over again. I tried this and a number of other cast patterns, including some using Arcane Barrage, and what I recorded gives the the best DPS / resonable mana usage rate I found.

The reason I did it this way is that it will rarely cast Arcane Missiles before three or four Arcane Blasts have gone off (even if it Missiles becomes available early), yet it also allows you to just keep casting Arcane Blasts until Arcane Missiles does proc (because the proc macro gets stuck on an uncastable Missiles but the sequence will keep casting Blasts). I first tried setting up just one macro to do 6xBlast then 1xMissiles which worked well but would rarely (but devestatingly) not proc Missiles in the string of blasts and leave the mage doing nothing until he got out of combat and the macro reset.

So using my above macros you end up with a near-optimum situation where you average casting 5 or 6 Blasts before each Missiles.

One other note: when Pinot set this up, for some reason he would tend to get more sequence macro steps than proc macro steps, causing him to cast 9-10 Blasts per Missile and eat up his mana too quickly. So he deleted one of the Arcane Blasts in the proc macro and was very happy with the results - ending up casting about 5-6 Blasts per Missile - exactly what you want.

Could you be so nice and take some print screens from ISBoxer, or right click and copy to clipboard and paste the settings here. I would love to try out your macros, but I'm just confused about the ISBoxer settings.

alright, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
    I'll give it a try and see if I get a nice difference in numbers.

One last thing, when do you use the non-alternating state? if for whatever reason you get stuck on missiles?
    .[I