Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Threaded View

Default ISBoxer Macros and Team Synergy

ISBoxer Macros and Team Synergy

If your looking for Multi-Step DPS macros you can find Mecurio's standard wow macros here and Aragent's ISBoxer flavored ones here.

These macros are meant to only compliment 2 step macros. I've been placing the most spamed abilities near my movement keys WASD and placing important keys close by and placing less important keys farther away from the other valuable keyboard real estate. I've been trying to hotkey spells that do the same thing or at least have good synergy tied together. Another rule of thumb i go by when assigning keys is i try to place abilities that should be sequential next to each other. ie opening, dps1, dps2, finishing. Some classes are pure dps and not hybrid like a shaman. For this reason you may see a spell in a cluster that is incongruent to the rest of the spells. This is because I pretty much ran out of keyboard real estate. Classes like Warlocks and Hunters have alot of abilities and thus require alot of spells. An alternative to this is using the Addon Opie.
    -Ualaa
    In the end, all that matters is the keybinds or clicks for a given team are easy to access.
    If every team has a consistent set, you can go from any composition to any other and use the same set of binds; that has a significant advantage, if you're willing to take the time to build all of your sets together. Once finished, you could also mix and match a future team
    You can go to my isboxer based whole world of warcraft macro set here

ISBoxer doesnt inherently know if your toon is a DK or a Shaman you must tell it which toons are what classes using the ATG system. To use these ATG macros you must create Action Target Groups worded exactly like it is in the macro.

Creating and Managing your ISBoxer Macros

Why do you want to let isboxer handle your macros? because instead of editing your macros across all your clients you can now do it centrally saving lotsatons of time in the long run. This makes Improving your setup less Daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek View Post
    Like you, Jack, all my macros are stored within ISBoxer and generated at export into the ISBoxer addon. Once you're setup like this you no longer need action bars, or the keybinds made to them.

I literally have 12-15 keys bound inside the game options (everything else was systematically unbound), with a few more bound to addons. Most of my gamehelper macros are bound to CTRL or ALT numpad keys (SHIFT is dodgey on the numpad) or combinations of CTRL, ALT and SHIFT with letter and function keys (Don't forget to avoid ALT-F4 =P).
    Game Helpers>World of Warcraft>Quick Setup38

Right click new wow macro and input your macro

General Macro's

example:
    Code:
    /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt; [help] Healing Wave
    assign a key combination. you have eight per key to choose from with this kind of macro. these are in yellow in the conflict tracker.

examples:
    1) unmodified Y
    2) Shift Y
    3) Ctrl Y
    4) Alt Y
    5) Alt+Shift Y
    6) Alt + Control Y
    7) Shift + Control Y
    8) Shift + Alt + Control Y

if we chose Y then that key combination would be closed and no longer available.

Dynamic Macros

I used to have just about all the key combinations on my keyboard taken up before i found these conditionals. You can create one macro for all your classes if your smart and you cluster similar spells together. or spells that compliment each other best. So instead of creating and managing six separate macros you can drop them all in one. and save six key combinations!

example:
    Code:
    !if (character in "Class Shaman")  /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt; [help] Healing Wave
    !if (character in "Class Death Knight") /cast [harm] Festering Strike
    !if (character in "Class Priest") /cast Smite
    !if (character in "Class Warlock") /cast Incinerate
    !if (character in "Class Paladin") /cast Hammer of the Righteous
    !if (character in "Class Mage") /cast Frostbolt
    explanations of the conditionals used:

!if (character in "Class Priest") /cast Smite
    •if you have any toons in your group that are in an "Action Target Group" named "Class Mage" exactly, then have that toon(s) cast Frostbolt

!if ("slot 1" and character is not "slot 1") /invite {SLOT1}
    •if you have a toon in "slot 1"(client1/toon1) and on top of that you have any other toons that are NOT in slot one(your first slot), then /invite slot 1
    so if you had your toon2 execute this it would /invite toon1
    this is used with 4 other lines to add the whole group.

!if (character is "slot 1" and character in "Class Shaman") /cast [@{SLOT2},exists,dead][@{SLOT3},exists,dead][@{SLOT4},exists,dead][@{SLOT5},exists,dead] Ancestral Spirit
    •if you have a toon in slot 1 and on top of that he is also in Action Target Group named "class shaman" exactly then search for dead toons in your party in this order to rez toon2 toon3, toon4, and then toon5.
    Read this wiki article to read more and see more examples.

Macro's With Modifiers

ISBoxer "allow extra modifers" are there to allow for macros that use modifiers in the macro. These are in purple in the conflict tracker.

example:
    Code:
    /cast [nomodifier] <Mount of your choice>
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Find Minerals
    /cast [modifier:shift] Find Herbs
    /cast [modifier:alt] Smelting

FTL Macro's

The "Can use FTL Modifiers" requires the "Allow extra modifiers" checked to work correctly. You really dont need to create any additional FTL macros but some folks have had great idea's. Like Zorba The Geek's Targeting Modes If you dont plan on creating FTL macros you still need to know what current macros use macros to avoid those keybinds. These are in Red in the conflict tracker.

example
    Code:
    /assist {FTL}

Troubleshooting ISBoxer Macro's

typo's - one of the biggest problems with macros is a typo. <wrong> /cast healing wavw <correct>/cast healing wave
    incorrect syntax - <wrong> /cast healingwave <correct> /cast healing wave consider using Fitzcairn's Macro Explain-O-Matic to validate macros
    keycombination conflicts - Foggyreef has a exel sheet parser that should help with this. A macro you are trying to add to your profile can seem like its broken if its not assigned assigned a key combination or is given a keycombo which is in conflict with other key combinations. There are Blizzard binds, Windows Binds, ISboxer Defaults, ISBoxer User created macros, ISBoxer FTL modifers, and ISBoxer macros that include "Allow extra modifers". All the keybinds you have in your blizzard bindings may conflict with isboxer as well. I don't want my bags popping up in my face while im spamming my dps key. I have these mapped in Brown to avoid those they will be different on your clients. There are some semi hidden ISBoxer binds that you should avoid. for example assigning Alt-F4 to a macro will make client seem to crash because F4 exits the that current client. These are in blue in the conflict tracker. Avoid key combinations that are taken by windows. some examples of these are the dreaded windows key, Alt-Tab, ctrl Escape, and control alt delete. These are Black in the conflict tracker. You have inspect the blizzard binds after installing an addon as installed addons sometimes take up key combination resources. Most experienced multiboxers use the very minimum amount of addons. At the end of your changes when you export your isboxer profile to Innerspace ISBoxer will warn you when you if any of your Game Helper macro's have keybind conflicts. It will tell you which macros are under conflict but it wont show you which keybinds are still open create a spreadsheet to track them yourself so your not finding open key combinations by trial and error.
    reload - If a macro doesnt seem to work in game after you've made a tweak. Do a /reload in game so that the changed isboxer addon's macro's takes effect. This is probally the #1 reason peoples macros dont seem to work for them.
    big changes - when making adjustments make it a little at a time. if you make 10 changes and afterwards something is wrong you will have to look at all ten of those macros to see what the problem is instead of just troubeshooting that last two changes you made.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 05-04-2012 at 08:58 PM