Close
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 170 of 396

Okay, so I spent some time working on this system, and I must say that it is very complicated to set up, but once it is, its worth it.

One problem that I was having is with round robin castsequences. I skimmed the posts, and didn't find an answer, so if I am reposting I'm sorry.

This is what I started with:

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    /castsequence Earth Shock,,,
    /targetlasttarget

Obviously moved the commas around the spell for each toon. Problem with this is that the main would cast, but the slaves would say invalid target. After some playing around and reading the wiki more, I tried an alternate macro.

/castsequence [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA-target][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB-target][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC-target][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD-target] Earth Shock,,,
    /targetlasttarget

Again, moved the commas appropriately. This one seems to work flawlessly. Don't know why this would work over the first, as I'm still pretty new to the workings of macros and such. An explanation would be great, I'm just happy I got it working right
    Lothar-A US --- Deraa,Daleka, Daleke, Dalekii, Daleku (1 Pali / 4x Shaman)

Daleka, you simply forgot to put a [target=targettarget] conditional in your first macro. You were trying to cast earth shock on your main.

Hi -

Major fan of multi-boxing. I've just bitten the bullet and have set up KeyClone on 2 boxes with 5 accounts. In going over this site, I've seen I want the leaderless setup from the start, even though it seems remarkable difficult to set up. So, I started putting it together and noticed some things.... maybe I'm not seeing WHY you guys are doing it the way you're doing it. It seems to me that if you put:

LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+TILDE/FOLLOWA
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+TILDE/FOLLOWB
    LSHIFT+LALT+TILDE/FOLLOWC
    LCTRL+LALT+TILDE/FOLLOWD
    LCTRL+TILDE/FOLLOWE

For ALL of the keymaps on Keyclone, then put a macro on each one of the alts that was as such:

TOONA:
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target
    [mod:ctrl,mod:shift, target=TOONB]
    [mod:shift,mod:alt, target=TOONC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt, target=TOOND]
    [mod:ctrl, target=TOONE]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

TOONB:
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target
    [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,mod:alt, target=TOONA]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

(etc, etc...)

Thus, the macro(s) would be the only thing that needed to change. I find the macros easier to modify, myself. Making 5 different KEYMAP files for KeyClone was making me want to stab my eyes with an icepick.

Am I way off base here?

NOTE: The above seems to work fine for spells as well, you just need to take the /stopmacro [nomod] off.

-- Hirahito

Default Also....

Also -

Wanted to know if you guys think this is worthwhile... I unmapped my F1-F5 keys on all my 5 guys and wanted to use them for healing on each one.

I set up F1-F5 to be rouond robin and put a healing macro on each of them which does the fastest healing they can do in the F1-F5 slot and the heaviest healing they have in the Shift-F1 through Shift-F5 slots.

Let's say I noticed my third guy was getting hit and I wanted one person (all my toons have healing) to step out of combat and do a healing spell. I start spamming the F3 key and let's say the first guy gets it.

He steps out of the fight and puts a Healing Wave on my 3rd toon (or whatever). If I notice that my 3rd toon is still getting hammered, I hit the F3 again and my *second* toon steps back and casts 'Flash Heal' (for example). Notice that everyone else ignores the command, so they're still in the fight. If I take the third toon out of the F3 rotation, he never interrupts his combat to try and heal himself which means his healing spell doesn't get interrupted in combat.

Good idea? Stupid? Input from you guys would be much appreciated.

-- Hirahito

Still trying to wrap my brain around this method but am procrastinating a bit due to having to create so many keymaps. I have a total of 23 toons right now so it just seems like a LOT of work and I hate even setting up just the initial macros for a new team. I will likely reserve a day where I just delete all macros, keybindings and my xkey pro mappings and just start fresh.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by hirahito',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122667#post 122667][font='Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif
    Hi -[/font]

Major fan of multi-boxing. I've just bitten the bullet and have set up KeyClone on 2 boxes with 5 accounts. In going over this site, I've seen I want the leaderless setup from the start, even though it seems remarkable difficult to set up. So, I started putting it together and noticed some things.... maybe I'm not seeing WHY you guys are doing it the way you're doing it. It seems to me that if you put:

LCTRL+LALT+TILDE/FOLLOWD
    LCTRL+TILDE/FOLLOWE

-- Hirahito
    The first thing you can'T use if you set it up like this are different slave and master keys, so you would loose the 'soloplayability'.
    -This is not a big deal, and perhaps a thing which is no problem in your setup.
    Another thing is, that (if i'm understanding the hotstring concept correct) you never would actual activate the follow-macro on the 'slave'-toons.

To give a demonstration what would happen if you use the same keymap, as you proposed:
    Say your at the moment 'activ-played'-toon is ToonB and you want the other toons to follow him, so you hit 'Tilde'.

In a setting with different keymaps:
    The keymap of toonb would contain the hotstring "'tilde' ---> followB" and this hotstring would be evaluated for each toons keymap and for all of them mapped to 'Shift+Ctrl+Tilde'. Because of the mapping 'Shift+Ctrl+Tilde' would be send to all 'slaves' and because of the follow-makro they would select ToonB to follow.

If you use the same Keymap for all:
    There is no simple hotstring like "'Tilde' --> followX" so a simple press of TILDE wouldn't activate any hotstring and nothing happens, if you would want that your toons follow ToonB you would have to press ''Shift+Ctrl+Tilde" manualy by youself (which is impractical) and you wouldn't need any hotstrings at all.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Also -

Wanted to know if you guys think this is worthwhile... I unmapped my F1-F5 keys on all my 5 guys and wanted to use them for healing on each one.
    Good idea? Stupid? Input from you guys would be much appreciated.

-- Hirahito
    In my opinion for a 5-healerteam, with no one (or all) specced for healing, this would be a possible method to distribute the healing.
    Only thing you might want to remember is, that the function keys (F1..F12) can't be used with all modifiers.
    For detaild information see: http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...ld_of_Warcraft
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quote Originally Posted by hirahito',index.php?page=Thread&postID=122667#post 122667][font='Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif
    Hi -[/font]

LCTRL+LALT+TILDE/FOLLOWD
    LCTRL+TILDE/FOLLOWE

For ALL of the keymaps on Keyclone, then put a macro on each one of the alts that was as such:

TOONA:
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target
    [mod:ctrl,mod:shift, target=TOONB]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

TOONB:
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target
    [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,mod:alt, target=TOONA]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

(etc, etc...)

Thus, the macro(s) would be the only thing that needed to change. I find the macros easier to modify, myself. Making 5 different KEYMAP files for KeyClone was making me want to stab my eyes with an icepick.

Am I way off base here?

NOTE: The above seems to work fine for spells as well, you just need to take the /stopmacro [nomod] off.

-- Hirahito
    I'm not sure I understand your example. What is your follow key?

The reason for different keymaps is because your current toon will always want the key you press to send to some other key with modifiers on the other clients. I don't see how you can avoid that.

I have a total of 23 toons right now so it just seems like a LOT of work and I hate even setting up just the initial macros for a new team.
    One suggestion: if you simple want to try it out, have you thought about using the modified version i described?
    (see: http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...ientated_Setup )
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Default random problem...

First off, thank you poca and deceased, and all the rest for this thread/topic/ability. Absolutely insane stuff and very exciting no matter how hard it is at first. After swimming around with different approaches and failures for a while, I decided to just implement the 'follow' feature. If for nothing else than making collection quests much easier, and switching leaders for fun...

I have read through as much as I could before I was surely going blind and did not see this as a problem for anyone else, but let me know if I missed it ::: My toonA gets the 3 others to follow no problem. toonB gets toonA to follow her, but C+D just type into party chat or /say the [mod:alt] stuff. Then toonC+D get everyone to follow except toonA who says the [mod:alt] stuff.

I have a feeling that its something really minor like spelling or spacing. But i tried the FTL with just 2boxing at first and it worked and I felt like i grasped it. Throw in 2 more boxes and BAM, lol. I'll keep at it. Any thoughts?