Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 24

Awsome ...

Passes the Hunny and a Large Spoon to Jafula.

For me it has only been thouse 4 quest - wintergrasp are removed just fine
    Eonar - EU

Ok, you can now get a sound from Advanced Loot with Jamba 5.2.2

It's a little complicated, instructions are here:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...when-triggered
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Thank you Jafula ..

Instructions are clear enough and not so complicated at all.

End Result ... It Works real good ..

Except for (there is always an exception, lol) ..

Under Core: Message Display .. Sound To Play .. I can only see 4 options .. None of which are loud enough to be heard over the game sounds.

Double Swoosh / Goblet F Medium / None / SwordUnsheathed.

I don't see an option to add Sounds to the list .. Unless it can be added manually to a file,

But I wouldn't know where to start looking.

Any ideas ??
    Last edited by Pooh : 03-17-2013 at 08:10 AM Reason: too many words .. too much gobble-de-gook

Hmmm, another addon must be loading the sounds for me. I'll investigate and see if I can work out how to get the sounds loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Thank you Jafula ..

Instructions are clear enough and not so complicated at all.

End Result ... It Works real good ..

Except for (there is always an exception, lol) ..

Under Core: Message Display .. Sound To Play .. I can only see 4 options .. None of which are loud enough to be heard over the game sounds.

Double Swoosh / Goblet F Medium / None / SwordUnsheathed.

I don't see an option to add Sounds to the list .. Unless it can be added manually to a file,

But I wouldn't know where to start looking.

Any ideas ??
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Hmmm, another addon must be loading the sounds for me. I'll investigate and see if I can work out how to get the sounds loaded!
    It could very well be SharedMedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    >> Borrows Jafula's DeerStalker and Pipe, hoping for some inspiration.

I used Windows Grep and looked for references to DoubleSwoosh .. I found it in only 1 AddOn .. Range Display

When I looked at this file I also found reference to .. Goblet F Medium & SwordUnsheathed.

RangeDisplay.lua

00070: ["DoubleSwoosh"] = [[Interface\AddOns\]] .. AppName .. [[\sounds\19312.ogg]],
    00077: ["srSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    00078: ["mrSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    00079: ["lrSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    00080: ["defaultSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",

-- all sounds are slightly edited samples from freesound.org
    local Sounds = {
    ["DoubleSwoosh"] = [[Interface\AddOns\]] .. AppName .. [[\sounds\19312.ogg]],
    ["Goblet F Medium"] = [[Interface\AddOns\]] .. AppName .. [[\sounds\30600.ogg]],
    ["SwordUnsheathed"] = [[Interface\AddOns\]] .. AppName .. [[\sounds\74833.ogg]],
    }

local DefaultSoundNames = {
    ["crSection"] = "SwordUnsheathed",
    ["srSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    ["mrSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    ["lrSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    ["defaultSection"] = "DoubleSwoosh",
    ["oorSection"] = "Goblet F Medium",
    }

As a test, I removed the Range Display AddOn from my folder.

Loaded WoW and examined Jamba

I can now see only 1 option ..

Under Core: Message Display .. Sound To Play .. None (ticked)

I hope this can help with your investigating.

>> passes the DeerStalker and Pipe back to Jafula

Sounds get loaded by different addons. I have several addons that use their own sound library, so I have dozens of options for Jamba's sounds. I think Prat and DeadlyBossMods is where most of my sounds are coming from. If you want to be able to add more sounds without having to install addons you're not going to use, you can get SharedMedia.

Here's what I did to get additional sounds to load without loading other addons.

Grab SharedMedia from the link above and install it to your Addons directory.

Grab some addons that have their own sounds. I used Prat and DBM as that's what I already had, so that's what I'll use for the rest of the steps.

Don't install the other addons, just go into the download and grab the sound files out of the "sounds" folder {DBM-Core\sounds and Prat-3.0\sounds}. You'll note that DBM has 2 folders within sounds, take the folders in tact {Corsica_S and Mosh}.

Go into your SharedMedia folder in Addons and add a new folder called "sounds". Paste the sound files you just grabbed into that new folder. In this case, you should have a folder called Corsica_S, a folder called Mosh, each with various sound files inside and then a bunch of different sound files on their own.

Open SharedMedia.lua in a text editor and look for the section called SOUND ~line 53-55. Enter a line for each new sound that looks like this

Code:
    LSM:Register("sound", "SOUNDNAME", [[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia\Sounds\SOUNDNAME.oog]])
    OR

Code:
    LSM:Register("sound", "SOUNDNAME", [[Interface\Addons\SharedMedia\Sounds\FOLDERNAME\SOUNDNAME.oog]])
    The first "SOUNDNAME" can be anything you like, it's more of a description and doesn't have to actually reference the file's actual name. The second must be the actual name of the file. For the DBM and Prat sounds I use in the example, this is what I have

Code:
    LSM:Register("sound", "AlarmClockBeeps", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\alarmclockbeeps.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Bell", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Bell.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "blip_8", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\blip_8.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Chime", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Chime.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Cooldown", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Cooldown.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Heart", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Heart.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "IM", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\IM.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Info", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Info.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Kachink", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Kachink.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Link", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Link.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "LowHealth", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\LowHealth.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "LowMana", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\LowMana.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Text1", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Text1.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Text2", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Text2.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Xylo", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Xylo.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Mosh_1", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Mosh\1.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Mosh_2", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Mosh\2.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Mosh_3", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Mosh\3.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Mosh_4", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Mosh\4.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Mosh_5", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Mosh\5.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_1", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\1.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_2", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\2.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_3", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\3.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_4", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\4.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_5", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\5.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_6", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\6.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_7", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\7.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_8", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\8.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_9", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\9.ogg]])
    LSM:Register("sound", "Corsica_S_10", [[Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia\sounds\Corsica_S\10.ogg]])
    Save the changes and load the game, making sure that SharedMedia is enabled in the Addons.

Now under /Jamba-message you should see all your new sounds. SharedMedia also includes a vast number of font styles and bar textures that you can use to customize other addons, including Jamba. You can see this under things like Jamba > Team > Display:Team > Status Bar Texture and Jamba > Combat > Proc > Appearance and Layout > Proc Bar Texture and Proc Bar Font as well as a few other places IIRC.

You can also try grabbing different Sound packs off Curse or creating your own sound files to put in the "sounds" folder for SharedMedia.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-24-2013 at 05:12 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

nm: it's ISBoxer that's causing a problem. How do I get a character to recognize it's part of team? I loaded a different profile and then I reset back to normal, but now it refuses to put him back in the team on his end only. All the other jambas see him...
    Last edited by Multibocks : 03-24-2013 at 09:26 PM