Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Cool Jamba Tip - Make Advanced Loot play a sound when triggered.

Make Advanced Loot play a sound when triggered.

Some folks have requested the Advanced Loot module play a sound when triggered. Here's how to set this up.

This requires Jamba 5.2.2, with the Advanced Loot module enabled.

On one toon:
    1. Type "/jamba-message"
    2. The Core: Message Display settings screen appears. Click the Add button and type "Loot Warning" into the dialog that appears and click the Accept button.
    3. Select the message area you just added; Loot Warning from the Message Area List.
    4. From the Message Area Type drop-down, select Raid Warning
    5. In the Tag edit box type "all" and click the Okay button at the end of the edit box.
    6. Select Blizzard: Gong - Troll from the Sound To Play drop-down.
    7. Click the Save button.
    8. Click the Push Settings button (at the top of the settings screen).
    9. Type "/jamba-advancedloot"
    10. The Advanced Loot settings screen appears. Choose Loot Warning from the Message Area drop-down.
    11. Click the Push Settings button (at the top of the settings screen).

All done!

This will show a Raid Warning message on all characters, play a little of the raid warning sound and then play the Blizzard: Gong - Troll sound.

If you want a different sound, you can choose a different sound in step 6.

If you want the warning to only appear on the master, type "master" in step 5 instead of "all".

Enjoy your new sound when Advanced Loot triggers!

Jafula
    Last edited by Jafula : 03-17-2013 at 02:29 AM
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Great! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Make Advanced Loot play a sound when triggered.

Some folks have requested the Advanced Loot module play a sound when triggered. Here's how to set this up.

This requires Jamba 5.2.2, with the Advanced Loot module enabled.

On one toon:
    1. Type "/jamba-message"
    2. The Core: Message Display settings screen appears. Click the Add button and type "Loot Warning" into the dialog that appears and click the Accept button.
    3. Select the message area you just added; Loot Warning from the Message Area List.
    4. From the Message Area Type drop-down, select Raid Warning
    5. In the Tag edit box type "all" and click the Okay button at the end of the edit box.
    6. Select Blizzard: Gong - Troll from the Sound To Play drop-down.
    7. Click the Save button.
    8. Click the Push Settings button (at the top of the settings screen).
    9. Type "/jamba-advancedloot"
    10. The Advanced Loot settings screen appears. Choose Loot Warning from the Message Area drop-down.
    11. Click the Push Settings button (at the top of the settings screen).

All done!

This will show a Raid Warning message on all characters, play a little of the raid warning sound and then play the Blizzard: Gong - Troll sound.

If you want a different sound, you can choose a different sound in step 6.

If you want the warning to only appear on the master, type "master" in step 5 instead of "all".

Enjoy your new sound when Advanced Loot triggers!

Jafula
    Doesn't work for me at all . I want it to be a little item drop notification thingy. I added the specific item i want be announced into the advanced loot section, made the new loot warning like you said and pushed the settings to my toons. But when the item drops it doesnt do
    anything. Perhaps im totaly wrong with the advanced loot system at all What am i doing wrong?

A lot has most likely changed in 5 years to start with.

Ebony, the current Dev behind Jamba, is currently doing a rewrite, she may have more to offer on this.

I will check tonight when I get home if this old system is even possible now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadone View Post
    Doesn't work for me at all . I want it to be a little item drop notification thingy. I added the specific item i want be announced into the advanced loot section, made the new loot warning like you said and pushed the settings to my toons. But when the item drops it doesnt do
    anything. Perhaps im totaly wrong with the advanced loot system at all What am i doing wrong?

Holy Nero batman ........

Can you make new topic... I just can't and should not use this post that should of died....