Close
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 137

Default The MoP Macro Library

TL:GetToTheFreakin'Point - Table of Contents is over here.

Yes, this thread did indeed start at 8 pages long. Sorry, it was the most efficient way to organize it. I give other people a chance to talk starting HERE.

The MoP Macro Library

Another expansion, another round of rebuilding macros. Mists of Pandaria brings us not only a complete reworking of talent systems, but also a new class and various undocumented macro tweaks that renders our old macros fairly useless.

In an attempt to thwart The Search's evil plan to send us on a wild goose chase, and maybe cut down on the number of "where can I find macros for X?@?!?!" threads, I hope to corral all standard MoP macros into this thread.

This isn't to say that no other macro threads should be started. You should be making your own threads. I'm not going to be merging threads into this one or anything like that. It's kind of like a table of contents for the most commonly requested macros.

Also, I'd be seriously mental to think that every single macro anyone will ever use will fit neatly into one thread, so this will mostly contain the most common macros. In most cases, just the "spam" macro, but if something super useful comes up, feel free to request it be added. I have a few reserved spots for overflow that I can use for random macros that people think belong here.

Here's how I'm looking for this thread to work.

I'm not looking to post every single slight variation of any given macro. The thread is meant to be a quick-start point to get up and running, not a massive deconstruction of spell placement vs *insert your stat of choice* breakpoints or group composition. I fully expect that there's going to be threads all over the place going into such detail. Some chatter in this thread is expected, but think of this as more of a Wiki than a discussion.

With that in mind, each macro will have a link to "So-and-so's thread of Such-and-Such Setup" for the original discussion. If you see a thread that has a nice collection of macros {or even just one good macro} or some good discussion, point it out here or PM me and I'll add whatever is appropriate.

Same goes with things that aren't relevant anymore. I don't play every class and I don't have enough interest to keep up with every change that every class goes through over time. If a posted macro is no longer working or whatever, let me know so I can remove or update it.

When posting in this thread, use simple and proper formatting.

• Macros should be wrapped in [code] tags. Walls of text are hard to read and understand and macros get lost in all the other text of a post.

• Double-check your spelling, conditionals and even punctuation. Most people are just going to copy and paste what they find, including me in the case of maintaining this thread.

• I know everyone but me uses ISBoxer, but not everyone builds their macros in it. Please don't post ISBoxer macro code {!if (character in ...) blah blah blah}. It confuses people who aren't used to it and people who do use it won't need it spelled out for them. I'll strip it out here anyway, but why not save me the work?

• Credit where credit is due. If you're posting a macro you saw or posted in another thread, include the link so I don't have to search all over the place for it and other people can see and participate in the original thread.

Also, I'm not playing favorites. The macros you find here are here because you guys are playing favorites. And by that, I mean people have requested that they get posted or the original thread was active enough to grab my attention and make me get off my lazy butt and open an extra window so I could copy/paste into this thread. But mostly, it'll be because you guys requested I add it.

Finally, I really don't care about lower level macros. Yes, everyone needs macros to level, but it shouldn't take too much work to delete spells that you don't have yet from max-level macros. Especially if you've transferred to a priority system. Sorry, but there's just not enough time in the day or need for a MoP Macros By Level-Range Depository. Not an organized one, anyway.

For the time being, I have some random level 85 macros in here as a sort of thread demo, but they will quickly be replaced as people hit 90.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-24-2012 at 05:12 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Table of Contents

Macro FAQs

Macros Collected By Spec

Created Sept. 13, 2012
    Last Updated Oct. 9, 2013
    Last edited by Khatovar : 10-07-2013 at 11:57 PM
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

The Mosq2 Method - Priority Casting

Priority casting is the method of broadcasting that Mosq2 described in his DK Manifesto. While this setup wasn't exactly "The Method" in Cata, it was still used by some. With the changes to the way macros work in MoP, this method is gaining popularity for many classes and specs.

Priority casting simply means that every class has certain abilities that are more vital to use at any given time. If you've looked at pretty much any class mechanics discussion since Cata, you've no doubt seen the priority breakdown for the spec.

While multiboxing used to imply finely tuned and extravagant castsequences, that requires predictability, which we no longer have much of. Haste {both permanent and temporary} and procs don't play well with such strictly timed and laid out setups. Mosq2's method moves away from getting as much as possible into as few macros as possible by taking advantage of the fact that we have the ability to send multiple keys at once and the game has the ability to ignore anything that it can't process. In this case, extra keys.

Simply stated, we put our abilities in order on as many keys as we need and send all those keys at the same time. The game then processes the first thing that it can and ignores everything else. It still falls under the "One keypress, one action" ethos that poorly sums up Blizzard's Multiboxing Stance because even though we are sending many things at once, only one thing is happening. There is no automation involved as there is no delay in sending the keys, there are no loops and the game's global cooldown prevents {disallowed} multiple actions from taking place.

It's just like the old popsicle stick or penny across the keys. Or in "single boxer" terms, it's just like facerolling your class, except instead of mashing your keyboard with meaty, clublike palms, you're hitting one key and letting ISBoxer/HKN/etc be the meaty fist. Or if you want an absurdly long explanation/analogy, I brake it down for Toonarmy over here.

Last edited by Khatovar : 03-09-2013 at 02:47 AM

The Mercurio Method - Multi-step Casting

When Cata was released, we saw the first movement from away from predictable castsequences. Combined with the loss of "/click sequences" {of course, /click still works, it's the comma-as-timing aspect that was removed} and the addition of procs for everyone, we were forced to find a new way to make simple, efficient macros.

In comes the Mercurio method. Put simply, it alternates what it sends to the game on each key press, or press vs. release as the case may be. It works very much like the "Round Robin" most of us are familiar with but rather than sending A to Toon1 on the first press and A to Toon2 on the second press, it sends A to every toon on the first press and B to every toon on the second press.

This allowed us to use a predictable, standard castsequence-based macro on one key and our proc or other troublesome spell that doesn't fit neatly in a sequence on another key. This meant that, thanks again to the global cooldown in the game, at any given time, one or the other could go off and we wouldn't suffer aneurysms trying to figure out how to manage even more stuff.

Again, in response to the inevitable "how is that not bannable" arguement - it's nothing you can't do in the game itself with the command /swapactionbar. And while most people only use 2 "steps", WoW's default UI allows you to swap up to 6 actionbars, so you can use as many steps as it takes to get everything to work the way you like.

So there's that and here's how to do it with -

ISBoxer
    HotKeyNet
    Swapactionbar In Game
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-13-2012 at 10:30 AM

Macro Changes in MoP

Fall-thrus

The release of patch 5.0.4 didn't have quite the same devastating effect on macros that we've seen with other expansions, but it still has its share of "boxer nerfs". The most evident of which I can't even rightly call a nerf, since it's technically a mechanics fix, and that would be fallthru macros.

For some time, we as multiboxers have depended on trying to cover as much as possible with as little fuss. We're used to sacrificing a bit of effective DPS to make running our toons a little more efficient to manage. Fallthru macros filled the gap in castsequences with a predictable DPS boost by taking advantage of the difference in the way the game's servers respond to and process /castsequence vs /cast, especially when taking latency into account.

Unfortunately, it was never meant to be used this way. A happy accident for us, until Blizz finally got around to fixing it. For lack of a better explanation, it was always intended that any spell line under the main spell line be used for things off the Global Cooldown. If the spell is effected by the GCD, the servers are supposed to defer to the top line.

Vague and clumsy explanation aside, it comes down to "not intended" and "fixed now". It might still work in some cases, but it's not something to be counted on. So, if you see macros using stacked abilities and they don't work for you, {as it stands now} it's probably just dumb luck that it works for someone else.

The fix? Instead of cramming the spell into one macro and praying, break it up and put it in its own macro and either add another step if you're using Mercurio's Method or another sent key if you're using Mosq2's method.

Macro Options/Conditionals

As I keep remaking macros, I find more and more things that used to work, but suddenly don't. Options and conditionals have been a pretty big headache in this regard. It looks like it comes down to the fact that "exists" is no longer implied. This means macros like this...

Code:
    /cast [@party1][]
    or

Code:
    /cast [@party1target][@target]
    ...weren't passing through to the empty brackets or the target in cases where there was no party1, such as phased content or in situations where player1 is mind controlled, etc.

Simply specifying "exists" in the macros is enough to fix this issue.

Code:
    /cast [@party1, exists][]
    /cast [@party1target, exists][@target]

{more macro changes?}
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-29-2012 at 04:05 AM

Last edited by Khatovar : 09-13-2012 at 10:31 AM

Default Death Knight

Blood PvE

Priority-based

Phanes

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Boil, null
    /cast Rune Strike
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Horn of Winter, Blood Boil
    Code:
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/alt Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Boil, null
    /cast Bone Shield
    Code:
    /cast Anti-Magic Shell
    Code:
    /cast Death Strike
    Code:
    /cast Heart Strike

Step-based

lans83

Macro 1:
    Code:
    #showtooltip 16
    /cast [nocombat] Outbreak
    /castsequence [mod] reset=2 Icy Touch,Plague Strike,null
    /castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Blood Boil
    /castsequence reset=0.3 1,Death Strike
    /cast Rune Strike
    /swapactionbar 1 4
    /cast Rune Tap
    Macro 2:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=0.3 1,Heart Strike
    /cast [combat] !Dancing Rune Weapon
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar 1 4
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast !Bone Shield
    /cast !Lifeblood
    /cast !Vampiric Blood
    /cast !Horn of Winter
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-08-2012 at 03:39 AM

Default Death Knight

Blood PvP

Priority-based

Step-based
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-24-2012 at 08:37 AM

Default Death Knight

Frost PvE

Priority-based

Step-based
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-24-2012 at 08:37 AM

Default Death Knight

Frost PvP

Priority-based

Step-based
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-24-2012 at 08:38 AM