Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Threaded View

Thanks a lot for all of the feedback, peoples. I guess I can't say that I'm not trying to predatorily compete with the big-time software solutions, but I don't feel as though I'd want to charge for my software (regardless of if I might benefit financially from it, I like free stuff, and I'd feel hypocritical to sell it), while still having the features that boxers want.

What I'm doing, essentially, is trying to challenge myself to put out a quality piece of software. But since I really am not as hardcore into multi-boxing as a lot of other people are, I honestly haven't really felt the need to have more than a simple cloning of keys across windows and physical machines (over a network).

I know that if I were to release such, it'd probably never get used, and it honestly isn't a challenge for me to write (The project is currently at the very alpha stage of cloning across windows/machines, without many options to boot, after an admittedly small time put toward it). So I wanted to gain some idea of inspiration to direct my effort from the community, and it looks like I got more than I could have hoped for. Looks like I have my hands full, and I'm excited for it.

I could put out a release of what I have, but honestly, it's not in a state in which I'd feel satisfied to do so. The UI isn't fleshed out as much as I'd like, and I haven't put it through the paces yet to make sure it doesn't get any hard lockups and the like.

Sorry that if I am "hey I'm gonna make a multiboxer" #2592394, but I'm sure that I won't be dropping off of the face of the earth just yet. This is also an opportunity to gain experience to further my career goals, my goal has been to turn a light hobby into a job position. (Granted, I did say this would be free, and I mean that.)

So again, thank you all so much for your suggestions, I appreciate your time and the thought you put into your replies. Despite if you thought to discourage me, it's only fed my creative juices and got my mind churning on the intricate systems that I'd have to weave. Brain candy for me!

(Oh, and I forgot to mention, I purchased keyclone a few years back, and have talked to Rob a few times myself, he's a great guy, and my aim is not to put these people out of business! This is a personal venture to advance my knowledge and experience.)

EDIT: There was so much information in the replies, I just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Svpernova09 for his reply. It made me smile. I'll see what I can do!

Also, I'm going to be sending some messages to the people who replied with a list of suggestions to see if I could get some elaboration on some of them. They sound interesting, but the short descriptions I don't think will aid me much in the way of fleshing some of them out.
    Last edited by HydraCoder : 04-27-2012 at 07:02 PM