Close
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Showing results 291 to 300 of 396

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ken',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118425#post1184 25
    - Your group is not flexible anymore:
    You can't just put any character in your team and have a go with that same team, because the names of your party members are hardcoded in your macros.
    I have 9 toons across 5 accounts (4 accounts with one character each and 1 account with 5 characters). This means one set of keymaps for each account and 5 versions of the assist and follow macros in the game to handle the various characters on account #1. It definitely adds a layer of complication. For people who don't have a set group of 5 characters that they run, here is what I do to make it easier for me:

1) Keymap files named for the account. I don't always load characters up in the same windows the same way. Sometimes I run instances with other people and might just take 2 or 3 toons. Naming the keymap files for the account and putting the account name in the description makes it easier to keep track.

2) MacroBank. This addon is basically macro storage. With limited macro slots in the game I just don't have room to keep 5 versions of follow and 5 versions of assist (and actually editing macros every time I swap a character is a pain). So I have MacroBank set up with 2 sets of macros with the 5 variations. Just open the macro window, hit the "Restore" button on the assist and follow ToonX macros, do that for each window and then everyone has the right toon names in their macros with just a couple clicks. Just be careful with the "Replace" button if you use this addon (I wish I could remove that)...you could end up with this well formed /assist macro on top of your long thought out /castsequence dps macro. But basically it's a pretty helpful mod for anyone that might need to swap macros frequently (like if you're rotating toons in to summon the HH).
    Five Boxing at level 100 - Paladin, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by 'olipcs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=139646#post1 39646
    Not sure why this was posted 2 pages back when I just posted it ;P
    Yeah funny, for me the order of the posts is also not correct, maybe the forum has problems...
    ShockershamA, Keymap saved as: C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\keyclone\lbta.kcl
    Description: blank
    key hotstring
    2 lightningbolt.on.toona
    LCTRL+I lightningboltontoone
    LSHIFT+LALT+I lightningboltontoonc
    LCTRL+LALT+I lightningbolt.on.tonbg
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+I lightningboltontoond

This is how my keymap looks for toonA, Shockershama. In the 'Command Editor' of Keyclone, I have the Keymap field set to load this keymap to shockershama upon loading (command is named wow1).

Keymap 2 for shockershamb. Saved as same as above but ends in\lbtb.kcl

Key Hotstring
    2 lbtb
    LCTRL+I lbte
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+I lbtna
    LSHIFT+LALT+I lbtc
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+I lbtd
    Ah yeah, now i know what your problem is!

you can't name 'ctrl+i --> lightningboltontoone' for ToonA and 'ctrl+i -->lbte' on ToonB, it must be the same string.

This is the reason why:

Say you press '2' while ToonA is active:
    - what happens is, that keyclone looks up in its keymap-file for ToonA if there is a hotstring for ToonA an it finds '2 --> lightningbolt.on.toona'
    - now, keyclone send first the keypress '2' to the active ToonA and then searches in the keymapfiles of the other Toons if there is a phrase like ' ... --> lightningbolt.on.toona'
    - if it found a association it sends the corresponding keystroke to the corresponding window.

-When you youse different names, like you did above, keyclone never finds any phrase like ' ... --> lightningbolt.on.toona' on the keymaps of the slaves and they never get a keystroke.

so correct the above would be:

ShockerShameA:
    2 lightningbolt.on.toona
    LCTRL+LALT+I lightningbolt.on.tonbg

Keymap 2 for shockershamb:
    2 lightningbolt.on.tonbg
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+I lightningbolt.on.toona
    Thanks! I'll get to rewriting them

Included a new section 'Examples / Other sources ' in the wiki, where i link to some examples of the way an ftl can be implemented.
    Although they all are in this thread, i think they are a little bit burried in this ver long thread and so likely to miss.

If I missed some, or you have others, feel free to edit them into the wiki, or post them herr (or pm me) so i can include them...

..any other suggestiones how the wiki-entry could made better (i know there is a lot of improvement possible) are appreciated!
    I might redo the hole entry perhaps, so any suggestion is welcome!
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

First, thanks to everyone that has contributed to FTL. There is a wealth of information on this and other threads that helped me get set up.

I have posted a thread at [FTL] Perl Script to Generate Keyclone Hotstrings and /target that contains a perl script I use to generate all my FTL hotstrings and /target line for keyclone and my wow macros. It takes me 5 minutes to do a new setup or change my bindings, so I wanted to share the script in case anyone finds it useful.

- Phara

Quote Originally Posted by olipcs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=139398#post13 9398][b]**New Technique**

Using modifiers directly in your /cast macro[/b]

One major problem/misunderstanding of the ftl-setup is that a macro, which should activate on '2', like:
    [quote]/cast [mod:alt,harm] Corruption; [harm] Shadowbolt [/quote]can normaly only be achived in a ftl setup, by seperatly define a hotkey for '2' and a hotkey for 'alt + 2' which lead to 2 different slavekeys.
    For more information see: [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/../wiki/index.php/Focusless_Targetless_Leaderless_Setup#Modifiers
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Focusless_Targetless_Leaderless_Setup#Modifiers[/url]

This is only half of the truth, as it is possible to use the same slave-key as long as you are not using the modifier which is used in the macro (here: alt) as part of your modifier-order which defines your leading Toon.

Ok, in theory this is possible, but when i want to define a modifier-order for a 5-Toon-Team i have to use at leats 3 different modifiers.

You might ask: "So what are you telling me here? It is possible, but becasue i need 3 different modifiers for my order its inpractical! -So shut up, don't waste my time!"
    You were right, if there are only 3 modifiers!
    But I shortly realized, that there are indeed 6 (!) modifiers not only 3, if you differentiate between left + right shift,alt,ctrl :thumbsup:

So the basic idea:
    Simply use ralt, rshift and rctrl to define the modifier-order and voila, lalt,lshift and lctrl can be used in your macros! jipi!

so instead of using:
    ‘Ctrl + Shift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonA’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonB’
    ‘Alt + Shift + key’---> ‘command.ToonC’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + Shift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonD’
    ‘Ctrl + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonE’

as your modifier combination, use:

‘rCtrl + rShift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonA’
    ‘rCtrl + rAlt + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonB’
    ‘rAlt + rShift + key’---> ‘command.ToonC’
    ‘rCtrl + rAlt + rShift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonD’
    ‘rCtrl + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonE’

and by doing so you can use a macro like the following on your slave key:

/assist
    [mod:rctrl,mod:rshift,nomod:ralt]ToonA;
    [mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,nomod:rshift]ToonB;
    [mod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl]ToonC;
    [mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,mod:rshift]ToonD;
    [mod:rctrl,nomod:ralt,nomod:rshift]ToonE
    /cast [harm,mod:shift]Chain Lightning;[harm]Lightning Bolt

Horray
    Has anyone tried this with keyclone yet? I'm probably going to try this setup sometime this week end and the idea of using the right side modifiers sound pretty good to me.
    afact bfact cfact dfact efact (60)- priestx1 warlockx4 --- Lothar server (A)
    ibubble shokktherapy shokterapie shoktherappy shokterapy (29) - paladinx1 shammanx4 --- Lothar server (A)
    Uhhu shoktherapy (72)- warrior shamman team --- Lothar server (A)
    Nukemdead (70) - Mage --- Korgarth (H)
    Ltoobubble Idotsalot (24) - Paladin Warlock team --- Korgath (H)

I haven't tryed it myself, since i'm not using keyclone anymore, but since keyclone differenciates in the keymap-editor between left and right shift,alt,ctrl this should work.
    Only think to mention is, that you can'T use the 'Pass only hotstrings'-Option because then lshift,lalt and lctrl wouldn't be transmited.
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Default shoot me now please

Ok i have been reading over this whole set-up for about 4 hrs and still im lost. I spoke with keyclone earlier and got some other issues fixed, but still having a problem here. Ok as for now ive got the one laptop one screen 5 accounts. Main is big and alts are four smaller on right side. Well fixed it so hitting the f8-f12 using keyclone maximizer will swap to active player if main dies and set them as focus. The big problem now is how does that guy attack it says u have no target but the alts that are still alive attack the target. So in otherwords get into fight main dies hit f9 switch to that alt he becomes the new main for the fight now he targets something and says u need to target when i hit a spell, but you see spells from alts whizzing by head why is this happening. Like i said ive been reading this post over and over hoping it will sink into my head cause like most of you all i dont have a lot of free time to play the game. So i am wasting sleep hrs and play time hoping to get this all set so that i can come on for like 3-4 hrs a days get something accomplished and move on with the rest of my life any help would be great thanx.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Well fixed it so hitting the f8-f12 using keyclone maximizer will swap to active player if main dies and set them as focus
    For me this sounds more, as if you are using an approach, where 'focus' defines which toon is you 'main'/'leader' not the the approach of this topic, which uses a modifier-order submitted by hotstrings to define this.
    If you want to use focus to define your leader (and don't need focus for something else), you may have a look at the setup zanthor suggested, using macaroon, jamba and a focus approach here: Leaderless/Targetless - Focus Based Hydra

Perhaps if i understood you wrong, and you infact using an ftl-setup, it would be good to post your macros you use for dps (and maybe, if there are some assigned to your PiP-Keys) so we can have a look at them to help you.

Edit: and if look at your post here: now i feel like a noob i am much more thinking you should post this question in the other thread
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Default RE: shoot me now please

Quote Originally Posted by 'suicidesspyder',index.php?page=Thread&postID=1421 40#post142140
    Ok i have been reading over this whole set-up for about 4 hrs and still im lost. I spoke with keyclone earlier and got some other issues fixed, but still having a problem here. Ok as for now ive got the one laptop one screen 5 accounts. Main is big and alts are four smaller on right side. Well fixed it so hitting the f8-f12 using keyclone maximizer will swap to active player if main dies and set them as focus. The big problem now is how does that guy attack it says u have no target but the alts that are still alive attack the target. So in otherwords get into fight main dies hit f9 switch to that alt he becomes the new main for the fight now he targets something and says u need to target when i hit a spell, but you see spells from alts whizzing by head why is this happening. Like i said ive been reading this post over and over hoping it will sink into my head cause like most of you all i dont have a lot of free time to play the game. So i am wasting sleep hrs and play time hoping to get this all set so that i can come on for like 3-4 hrs a days get something accomplished and move on with the rest of my life any help would be great thanx.
    I speak from my personal set up here. But when i use follow/assist based on focus, when my main dies i always have to hit follow on my new "main" so the slaves keep assiting and changing targets. There is probably an easier way of doing this but that's what i have to do.
    ibubble shokktherapy shokterapie shoktherappy shokterapy (29) - paladinx1 shammanx4 --- Lothar server (A)

BTW Olipcs , wanted to thank you for all the replies and assistance you gave other players. Thru there issues and problems you probably answered alot of problems im going to have this week end lol