Close
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Showing results 141 to 150 of 396

Quote Originally Posted by 'OLIPCS',index.php?page=Thread&postID=119635#post1 19635
    -also i am thinking of which section in the wiki this would suit most: guides, macros, technical ...or a new category..
    any suggestions?
    I think it should get it's own section in the wiki since it really depends on both macros and software.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but im a little confused. From what I can see this works by you pressing a key, and that key is sent to one wow window, then alt-thatkey is sent to a second wow window, shift-thatkey sent to the third wow window, ect... But isin't alt-somekey two key presses? ctrl-alt-somekey = three key presses? I thought we were supposed to only press one key per keypress, otherwise we risk violating the TOS. Of course, as far as the game is concerned, we are only performing one action, so we are ok in that regard, but that still does not cover up the fact that we are getting multiple key presses for pressing one key.

I would like some clarifcation on this. I would very much like to use this way of multiboxing but dont' want to do it until I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is ok with Blizzard.

I can understand focustarget and targettarget in one macro, but wouldn't party1target clash with targettarget in the same macro? :P

edit: oops, was on first page, misjudged the last post in the thread. This is ancient now, take no heed of this post.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by 'jdraughn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=119778#pos t119778
    Forgive me if this has already been covered, but im a little confused. From what I can see this works by you pressing a key, and that key is sent to one wow window, then alt-thatkey is sent to a second wow window, shift-thatkey sent to the third wow window, ect... But isin't alt-somekey two key presses? ctrl-alt-somekey = three key presses? I thought we were supposed to only press one key per keypress, otherwise we risk violating the TOS. Of course, as far as the game is concerned, we are only performing one action, so we are ok in that regard, but that still does not cover up the fact that we are getting multiple key presses for pressing one key.

I would like some clarifcation on this. I would very much like to use this way of multiboxing but dont' want to do it until I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is ok with Blizzard.
    K it's still just one key = one keypress. Keymaps are just a different way of binding keys, much like a spread out macro. I use z for my spread out, and that z keypress goes to each client, but each client does a different thing, one moves forward, another moves back, one goes sideways, etc. The keys are bound to different things in game. Keymaps flip that on it's head, so when pressing the 1 key, one client gets it, but the other clients each get a different key, and will act only upon the single keypress they are given. The modifiers are part of each particular keypress, they alter the conditional behaviour of the macro they're bound to, and they'll follow the order they are given. if Ctrl-shift-Period is follow toon #3, then that's exactly what it would do if I were to press those keys.

Multiple keypresses are things with pauses, which are possible with software, devices, even my keyboard can do illegal things if I were to set it up like it. Fireball, wait 1.5 seconds, fireball again. thats considered 2 key presses. It's the pauses and automation that blizzard is against, they want 1 key to behave how one key should, doing only one thing, then be done, waiting for the next input.

Even key capping, having one input key on the physical keyboard = 2 separate keys in the client, while technically 2 keypresses, I think is totally fine with blizz, because it's something that the player can mimic by pressing two keys at once. I used to have a spread out macro that formed an X, the main toon stepped back, one toon went forward and strafe right, forward and strafe left, etc. The keymap took my one z key and turned it into Up arrow and strafe right at the same time. It's a little iffy teritory, but you'd still be OK. However, if you put a timer on it, so it pushed the Up arrow and strafe right for exactly 1.25 seconds, then stopped, no matter how long or short you hit z for. That's automation, because they count the key-up as another keypress.

OK i've read it all 3 times now and i'm confident I can get it working!

Cant thank you guys enough /salute
    Balnazzar EU
    Pally & Orc Shamens - Elixx 80 / Elixii 76 / Elixil 76 / Elixli 76 / Elixll 76 <Reanimated>
    UD Shadow Priest team - Elix 70 / Elixy 70 / Elixz 70 <dot dot bots>
    UD Warlocks - Nightof 42 / Dayof 42 / Dawnof 42 / Diaryof 42 <the dead>

Thank you guys for the quick answer. This forum/community is really something

OLIPCS could you put an example of your system from 0? I tried your system (1 button for "target" to get rid of that on spells) but it really didn't work - of course it's my fault I just want to understand where I did wrong. I'm using only 2 toons to minimize it (2 warlocks) and I'd like 1 button for target, 1 for spell damage, 1 for shoot and 1 for petattack. I think that will cover all of my other charas as well.

Thanks in advance!
    Apologies on typos, english is not my native language.
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    2 Undead Warlocks - Frontal & Frantol - Warsong-US
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    2 Troll Hunters - Tryptanol & Tryptamol - Warsong-US

@bside:

i could try it form scratch:

you only using a dual boxing-setup, so lets say the following modifiers will be the ones who idetify which one is leading:

ToonA: ctrl + key
    ToonB: alt + key

First of all you do need two sets of keybindings one for 'assist' the other for 'follow'.

Say we wan't to bind the 'assist' to '1' and the 'follow' to the char left of '1' ('^' would it be on my german keybord, on an english one it would be diffrent).

Keyclone-Setup:

Create a keymap (keymapA) for toonA with the following hotstrings (and save it):
    ^ ---> follow.ToonA
    alt + ^ ---> follow.ToonB
    1 ---> assist.ToonA
    alt + 1 ---> assist.ToonB

Create a keymap (keymapB) for toonB with the following hotstrings (and save it):
    ctrl + ^ ---> follow.ToonA
    ^ ---> follow.ToonB
    ctrl + 1 ---> assist.ToonA
    1 ---> assist.ToonB

-Create a command in keyclone to start the wow for toonA in the region you want it and specify that it should use keymapA.
    -Do the same for toonB with keymapB.
    -start your wows with the two specified commands.

WoW - Macro-Setup:

For follow create this macro, with ToonA = name of your first Toon and ToonB = name of the other.
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA] [nomod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget
    Drag this macro to a button, and create a keybinding for '^' on both toons.(make sure you have not bind alt+^ and ctrl+^ to another buton)

For assist create the following macro (with the names of your toons)
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /assist [mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt]ToonA; [nomod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift]ToonB
    And bind it on both toons to '1' (make sure you have not bind alt+1 and ctrl+1 to another button)

This is the basic setup, if you want all toons to follow your active toon, simple hit '^' (without any modifiers), if you want all slaves to target the target of the master hit the '1'.

if you then want to do a simple cast by pressing '2' simply darg the spell you want to cast on the button you have bind the '2'.
    Or if you want to do a /castsequence create it as normal an drag it to the corresponding button (same for petattack and).
    For your hunters you could f.e. simply drag 'Arcane Shot' to '2'. For the warlocks a /castsequence might be better.
    Be aware, that you can use all modifiers and reset-conditions in your dps-macros in this modified approach.

For example my warlock uses the following makro on his 'dps-button':
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [nomod] reset=target Immolate,Shadowbolt,Shadowbolt,Shadowbolt,Shadowbo lt,Shadowbolt,Shadowbolt;[mod:shift] Curse of Elements;[mod:ctrl] Corruption
    My 70 hunter uses the following lame macro as a braindead-dps-macro (which you have to adapt for weapon speed and talentspec)
    /castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot,Arcane Shot, !Auto Shot, Steadyshot,!Auto Shot
    /cast [nomodifier, target=pettarget, exists] Kill Command
    Hope i could help.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

My head is about to explode from this setup. I'm trying to setup everything on the beta server.

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

This is all starting to make a bit of sense to me now. I think I will need to reinstall keyclone this weekend and give it a shot. Maybe roll some mages and test it out. If I understand it right, I hit a button and can change my leader on they fly. So if I am running through a BG I can hit '1' and hit and tell the alts to follow toon1 and if I hit '3' it would tell them all to follow toon3. This could actually be a lot of fun me thinks.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

So if I am running through a BG I can hit '1' and hit and tell the alts to follow toon1 and if I hit '3' it would tell them all to follow toon3
    nope, in both cases you would hit '1' (if thats what you set up for your follow), and if your active played toon is toon1 (the toon which window has the focus) they follow toon1 if it is toon3 they follow him.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide