I'm on a recent Q6600 buildup, running with a 9800gtx-512 using keyclone's wonderful package to present all three sessions on a single 24" lcd. The machine is overclocked to 3GHz and that 2Gigs of memory is the good high speed stuff.

Each session has a unique cpu affinity set and runs from seperate wow copies. The third session runs from a second hard drive.

Sound is disabled for every instance and in general things work well with reasonable frame rates all around. I have each session limited for maxfps.

However, sometimes when I have to do a hairy pull in an instance, things tend to get sluggish and troubles arise.

I'm seeing in task manager that each session uses around 400megs of ram. That should be leaving "enough" for the OS, but I'm guessing the machine is starting to use the swap file. I have no other apps open when I'm doing this.

Can anyone confirm that going up to the 3.x Gigs of usable system memory is worth it in anything less than a 5-box situation? I ordinarily would just get the second memory kit and carry on, but this memory runs pretty warm.

Thanks,
Blorton