Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 47

Default GUIDE: Click Healing System Using Party Frames

INTRODUCTION:

This guide will take you through setting up a flawless Click Healing system that allows you to heal with your Slave character by clicking on the Party Frames on your Lead character. It works with all Mouse Buttons except for the Right Mouse Button.
    Also be sure to check out the Set Target System guide that works great together with this!

NOTE: Go to the third reply to read about REPEATER REGION ALTERNATIVE.

Video Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jyu6yA8Tvk
    (Note: The video only shows the Click Healing functionality. And the lag was due to using Camtasia Studio which I will never use again to record ingame footage.)

USER INTERFACE (Optional)
    First we will want to set up our User Interface in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

- Press Esc on your keyboard, go to Preferences and click on User Interface. Now scroll down to the bottom and check the option for "Use Operations Frames as Party Frames".
    You can also adjust the width and height of the health bars to your liking.

Unlock your party frames and move them to where you can easily and quickly reach them to do your healing.
    You can turn on the mouse and keyboard Repeater (Shift+Alt+R), which makes it easy to place the Party Frame at the exact same spot on both your Slave and Lead character.
    Here is an example of what this could look like;

CREATE CLICK BAR & MOUSEROVER KEY
    Now that we have our Interface set up properly, we need to create a Click Bar in ISBoxer that will cover the entire Party Frame.
    The size of this Click Bar will of course vary depending on how you have set your Party Frame up and how big it is.

Set up the Click Bar
    - Open up ISBoxer
    - Right-click on Click Bars and choose "New Click Bar"
    - Name your Click Bar whatever you want.
    - Click on Buttons and set up your button by adjusting the cell values (1 cell = 1 pixel), so that it can fit over your Party Frames.
    - Click on Color and set Alpha to 0. This will make your Click Bar completely transparent.
    - I suggest that you keep Cell Border Size at 1 for now as it will make placement of the Click Bar much easier.
    - Save and export to Innerspace.

Set up the Mouserover Key
    - Create a new mapped key in any Key Map you want and name it Mouseover (or whatever you want).
    - Set it to "pressed OR released" and add a second step.
    - In Step 1 disable the Assist and DPS keys for your Slave and in Step 2 enable them again. Do this by choosing Keymap Actions, New Key Map/Mapped Key State Action.
    - In Step 1 also enable your Mouse# keys and in Step 2 disable them. Do this by choosing Keymap Actions, New Key Map/Mapped Key State Action.

SET UP CLICK BAR & REPEATER REGION
    Load up your multiboxing team through Innerspace and open the window for your Lead character.

- Open the ISBoxer Interface (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G).
    - Click on the Click Bars tab and the Show All button.
    - Drag your newly created Click Bar and place it over your Party Frames.
    - Click on Save As Auto.

Once you have placed your Click Bar correctly (should look like the image above) and made sure it fits, it's time to create a Repeater Region.

- Go back to the ISBoxer Interface (or open it up again if you closed it).
    - Click on the Repeater Region tab.
    - Type in a name, choose a target window, choose your Mouseover key for enter/exit and click on the Add button.
    - Drag your newly created Repeater Region over to your Party Frames and Click Bar and resize it to cover the entire area (same size as your Click Bar).
    - Hit the Sync button to synchronize the window with your Slave character (who should have a grey area appear over his/her Party Frames now).
    - Click on Save As Auto.

At this point you should have a working Repeater Region over your Party Frames that will pass mouse input to your Slave.
    You will however notice that if you click on a target, the Repeater Region will stop working.
    The reason for this is that once the click passes through the Repeater Region it also hits our Click Bar and our Click Bar jumps to the foreground and blocks our Repeater Region.
    You might also have noticed that the Click Bar is blocking our Lead character from clicking on his/her Party Frames. This is a biproduct of using a Click Bar, but also a necessary function for us as we don't want our Lead character to switch targets in combat when healing with our Slave.

CREATE ISBOXER KEYS
    Go back into ISBoxer, it's time for us to set up some keys to make this setup work as we want it to.

Set up Healing Ability key (Optional)
    - Create a new mapped key in any Key Map you want and name it after the ability you are going to use.
    - In the first step right click on Actions then choose Keystroke Actions, New Keystroke Action. Choose your Slave as Target and your ingame keybind for Key Combination.
    - Make sure to choose ON in the dropdown list for "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" for this key, if you are using a modifier (Shift, Ctrl or Alt) for your ability ingame.

Set up Mouse1 Healing key (This will be used with our Click Bar)
    - Create a new mapped key in any Key Map you want and name it "Mouse1 Healing" (or whatever you want).
    - Choose "pressed OR released" in the dropdown list for "Execute a Step when the Hotkey is" for this key.
    - Add a second step to the key and leave the first one empty.
    - In the second step right click on Actions and choose Keymap Actions, New Do Keymap Action. Choose Window: Current as Target and then choose your Healing Ability key.
    - Right click on Actions and choose Repeater Actions, New Repeater Regions Action and type in Auto in the box for "Load region set named".

The image above shows my ability key (Deliverence) and my Mouse1 Healing key.
    The reason that we leave an empty step in our Mouse1 Healing key is because we want the press of our Left Mouse Button to go through the Repeater Region that we set up and choose a target for our Slave, and the release of the button to do the actual healing.
    We are also reloading the Repeater Region in the second step so that it jumps back to the foreground (infront of the Click Bar) and allows us to use it again.

Set up Mouse# Healing key (Optional) (# can be any number, set up whichever mouse buttons you want to use)
    - Create a new mapped key in any Key Map you want and name it "Mouse# Healing" (or whatever you want).
    - Hotkey this to the Mouse# key.
    -
    Choose "pressed OR released" in the dropdown list for "Execute a Step when the Hotkey is" for this key.
    - Go into the first step, right click on Actions and choose Keystroke Actions, New Keystroke Action. Choose your Slave as Target and Mouse1 as the Key Combination.
    - Add a second step for this key.
    - Go into the second step, right click on Actions and choose Key Map Actions, New Do Mapped Key Action. Choose Window: Current as Target and then choose a Healing Ability key.

You can repeat the step above to set up any Mouse Button you want to use to heal (see picture for example).
    However it should be mentioned that you cannot use the Right Mouse Button since that will make your Slave right click on a Party Frame and open up a menu.
    You also need to think about that Mouse1 and any Healing Ability key you choose, will always be sent when you use your Mouse# button. This is generally not a problem, but Mouse4 for example is by default used to toggle autorun for your character in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    You can however make this a non-issue by enabling/disabling it in your Mouseover key.

Set up Load Repeater Region key (this will load our Repeater Region when we load or reload our Character Set).
    - Create a new mapped key in any Key Map you want and name it "Load Repeater Region" (or whatever you want).
    - In the first step right click on Actions, Repeater Actions, New Repeater Regions Action and type in Auto in the box for "Load region set named".
    EDIT: - Also disable all your Mouse# Heal keys (except for Mouse1) in the first step of this key.
    - Go up to Character Sets in the ISBoxer menu and click on your team.
    - At the bottom you'll find "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded", click on the button beneath and choose Window: Current as Target and then the mapped key you just created (Load Repeater Region).

Without the Load Repeater Region key the Click Bar will be infront of our Repeater Region when we load or reload our Character Set (everytime we launch our team for example or if you make any changes in ISBoxer that you then export to Innerspace).

Configure the Click Bar
    - Click on your Click Bar that you created earlier and set Cell Size Border to 0, to make it completely invisible.
    - Click on Buttons and then click on your button twice, to bring up the option to use a mapped key when left clicking on the Click Bar ingame.
    - Choose Window: Current for Target and then choose your Mouse1 Healing key that you set up before.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, means that we are finished and that you can now Save and Export everything to Innerspace and enjoy healing using your Party Frames.
    Last edited by chazz : 01-31-2012 at 07:41 PM

WOW awesome.
    That was an amazingly well written guide.

I have not jumped in boxing SWTOR yet, but might try this on my Sorc for healing my wife.

Nice job on the guide, very well done.

With some minor tweaks you a) wouldn't be restricted to left clicks (use any hotkey by temporarily enabling a Key Map with the Click Bar button's "Mouseover" option) and b) the Repeater Region can be dropped (use a Sync Cursor Action, and a Keystroke Action with Mouse1 on it if needed).

Not sure whether or not you got the idea from this guide for WoW or not, but if not there's more details in a couple posts by me and some screenshots of implementation by Jafula right below it: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthrea...e=2#post284546
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

REPEATER REGION ALTERNATIVE
    If you have any problems at all using the Repeater Region you could instead use Sync Cursor Action.
    This will however require that you first choose your target by clicking once on your Party Frames and then another click to do the actual healing.
    Here's how you can do this;

- Remove your Repeater Region if you have one set up.
    - Go into the first step of your Mouse1 Healing key, right click on Actions and choose New Sync Cursor Action. Choose your Slave as the Target.
    - Go into the second step of your Mouse1 Healing key and remove the Repeater Regions key as well as your Healing Ability key. Right click on Actions and choose Keystroke Actions, New Keystroke Action. Choose your Slave as Target and Mouse1 as Key Combination.

You would then need to set up additional Steps to do the healing.
    This can be done in a identical fashion for any other Mouse# key. We do however want to keep our Click Bar and NOT hotkey our Mouse1 Healing key, since that would mess up our Left Mouse Button that we so often use ingame for other things.
    You also want to add your Mouseover key to your Click Bars Mouseover option.
    Last edited by chazz : 01-31-2012 at 07:39 PM

Thank you making this guide Chazz.

This will help me get everything setup without having to figure it out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by chazz View Post
    This will however require that you first choose your target by clicking once on your Party Frames and then another click to do the actual healing.
    Did you try setting the "Execute a step" drop-down box to "pressed OR released"? When you press the button, Step 1 fires, when you let go, Step 2 fires. You should be able to get it to work like this instead of having to click twice
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Norrin & Rulgan:
    Glad you found the guide useful!

Lax:
    I did, yes.
    However you have to have the Sync Cursor Action on Step 1, the Mouse1 keystroke on Step 2 and the Healing Ability you want to use on Step 3.
    If you put the Mouse1 keystroke on Step 1 it doesn't work and if you put the Healing Ability on Step 2 the character fires that off before receiving the new target.

EDIT: By the way, since this got removed from my reply above when I edited it, thank you for linking to that thread!
    I had never read it before but skimming through it I realized how I could solve the limited Mouse Button issue, which I did (the guide is updated).
    Last edited by chazz : 01-25-2012 at 11:29 AM

Chazz

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide every detail in terms that dummies like me can comprehend.
    After such a long break from multi-boxing, and with SWTOR not utilizing having macros implemented into the game I have found that my memory is lacking. ((Was very spoiled by WoW and all the addons that good folks provided me with) Posts like yours, and especially those of Lax, and others, reinforce how committed this community is to helping others enjoy the passion/obsession that is multi-boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_box View Post
    Chazz

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide every detail in terms that dummies like me can comprehend.
    After such a long break from multi-boxing, and with SWTOR not utilizing having macros implemented into the game I have found that my memory is lacking. ((Was very spoiled by WoW and all the addons that good folks provided me with) Posts like yours, and especially those of Lax, and others, reinforce how committed this community is to helping others enjoy the passion/obsession that is multi-boxing.
    Glad to hear you found it useful!

I have also updated the guide to include a flexible assist & follow system. This can be found in the third reply of the thread.
    (Would be great if a Moderator could move that reply to the first reply slot, if you guys have access to such a feature)

EDIT:
    A question to anyone with the knowledge. Is Target Party Member 4 (F5) ever used? We have F1 to target ourselves and then F2-F5 to target all four party members; which should mean that one of those would target ourselves as well? In my experience however it doesn't.
    I haven't reached endgame yet, but as far as I am aware there are only 4-man parties in swtor, right?

EDIT#2:
    Updated the guide to cover setting up a Mouseover key in the Repeater Region, to disable/enable assist and dps keys as well as the Mouse# keys for the Slave character while healing.
    Also disabling any Mouse# keys (most important is Mouse4 since it by default is used to toggle autorun in Star Wars: The Old Republic) on startup.
    Last edited by chazz : 01-26-2012 at 01:08 AM

/bump for sticky
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !