Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Wierd Macro Problem

Hi all. I've always loved duelboxing, but until i found this site, it was the alt-tab solution for me.

Now i broadcast with synergy, and remap keys to combine attacks, use modifiers and such it all works well.

My feral druid/rogue combo works great, no issues. My hunter/shaman setup needs help.

With the hunter/shaman, there are three targets to heal. So i have the three heals set to NUM Pads 7,8,9 . For the druid/rogue this works fine, ctrl changes which target gets healed.

However with the hunter/shaman there are three, so i further modify it with alt. i.e. num7 heals the pet, ctrl+num7 heals the hunter, and alt+7 should heal the shaman.

the problem is, when i am on the hunter's(master) screen the shaman won't cast alt+num7. I can see (by macros changing thier icons with the mod pressed) that the slave comp is recieving the alt button. I have unbound alt+num7 (checked that several times) and it still won't work. HOWEVER, when the mouse (and thus keyboard) are on the slaves monitor, the macro works fine.

I've tried searching through the forums, the synergy site, playing with the macro. It should work, and i can't for the life of me figure out whats stopping it. Any thoughts? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all for all your posting and info. Its made me enjoy the game soooo much more (especially on my groupless, lowpop server lol)

Does synergy have a do not pass list? If so i think you might want to check that to see if numpad-7 is on it. is the problem just with Alt+num7 or do ctrl+num7 and just num7 do it too?

not that i know of. my impression is synergy passes everything when toggle is on. Anyway, regular num7 is heal the pet and ctrl+num7 is heal the hunter, both work fine. But for some reason she does nothing with alt+num7, even though the alt is passing through, and the num7 is passing through. lol, i'm at a total loss!

One more detail i found out. When i bind the key to say 'i' alt+ "i" works fine. ugh....!

Well, I'm not very experienced with synergy but I suppose you could just change your macro to shift instead of alt until somebody who knows more about it can help you

thought about that. Unfortunatly with the number pad, that brings in its actual functions. For instance, 7 then becomes the home key, 8 the up arrow, etc.

well since that's the case and everything else works i guess the only other option would be to use something other than num7 :S

lol yea. closest i've found that isn't inconvienent without imposing on other bindings are f10-12. Bit far from my little pack of macro buttons. Hoping someone will have a solution