Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default [Addon] Follow and Assist without focus or target

Hi,
    This is only had very light testing but...

http://www.memphis.co.uk/misc/MBAssist_1.zip

This add on allows you to set a leader either via a macro command or a keybind then assist or follow the leader via macro or keybind.
    based on Schnoggo's Simple Assist (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...pleAssist.html )

Slash commands:
    /mba or /mbassist shows commands
    /mba leader unit (e.g. /mba leader target or /mba leader targetfocus) sets leader to a unit
    /mba leader name=unitname (e.g. /mba leader name=Zuri) sets leader to a named unit
    /mba clear clears leader
    /click MBAssistFollowButton (or use key binding) follows leader, if no leader is set it works like the normal follow command and will follow current target
    /click MBAssistAssistButton (or use key binding) assists leader, if no leader is set it works like the normal assist command and will assist current target
    There are key bindings for setting leader to current target, follow and assist. Follow and assist will follow and assist target if no leader is set so can replace the default follow and assist keys.

Downside is you cannot change leader while in combat, if you try, the change will be queued until you leave combat, so may limit use in PvP

Default RE: [Addon] Follow and Assist without focus or target

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zuri',index.php?page=Thread&postID=85804#post8580 4
    Downside is you cannot change leader while in combat, if you try, the change will be queued until you leave combat, so may limit use in PvP
    Usually when I need follow the most is when my pally gets smashed into the ground and I have to drop earthbind totems and run like heck. So only working out of combat wouldn't work for me.
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10

I think in that instance it would probably be OK as most of you characters would be out of combat (I think) so would switch. I'll test that bit tonight if I get time.

I use trinity bars. IF you make some clever macros you can do about the same, but even better.

I have a set order, so if one char dies, the next will be assisted. If I have a friendly focus it will be assisted too. So I can either switch leader automatically if the main dies, or switch manually with focus. If I have a enemy target focused, the default order will be used.

I believe you could do this using /cast [target=party1-target, exists,nodead][target=party2-target, exists,nodead] Shadow Bolt and it would work fine except in battlegrounds and other raids. No addons needed.
    [align=center]5x Druids || Paladin + 4x Shaman
    4x Hunters + Shaman || 4x Warlocks + Priest
    4x Mages || 4x priests|| 4-Melees

1????????10?
    ????????20?????????30?????????40?????????50?????????60?????????70[/align]