Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Lost in focus follow target

hi there all i am honestly bad with macros i am bad with computers in general and i am realy having trouble to understand how this works. maybe i am on the bad road here what i need is if the leading (main) toon die in a fight in BG or 5man dungeon how to switch the rest of the toon follow another toon like
    main
    alt1
    alt2
    alt3
    alt4

if the main die how to that lets say alt 3 become main ?
    i tried the folowing macros which i find here on the forum in The Macro Codex i bind them to key 1 but i thing i messed up somewhere cos it not working i press 1 and nothing hapening;-(

/focus [target=<Muhata>,help,nodead]; [target=<Mahatu>,help,nodead]; [target=<Mahate>,help,nodead]; [target=<Muhaty>,help,nodead]; [target=<Muhato>,help,nodead]

i try it like this and nothing;-(

/focus [target=Muhata,help,nodead]; [target=Mahatu,help,nodead]; [target=Mahate,help,nodead]; [target=Muhaty,help,nodead]; [target=Muhato,help,nodead]

than i find this and its stil not working its 249chars

/clearfocus
    /focus Muhata
    /stopmacro [target=focus, exists, nodead]
    /focus Mahatu
    /focus Mahate
    /focus Muhaty
    /focus Muhato

oh and dont tnow if this helps i try all of them in group without group and i run all of them on one PC dont know if this is important to mention.

can someone help me out with this?? i am more than sure i forgot something or i just simply need to ad another macro somewhere??
    please be welcome to laugh at me unless you help me;-)

thank you in advance
    zero
    Friendship is like pissing your pants.
    "Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth"
    Thank you all for being the piss on my pants.
    5x70 shamans taurens Mahate Mahatu Muhaty Muhata Muhato horde EU on Drak'thul

Quick question, are you putting this macro on all 5 of your characters?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Solon',index.php?page=Thread&postID=133010#post13 3010
    Quick question, are you putting this macro on all 5 of your characters?
    yes its on each character bind to key 1 its that the problem???

i have been reading the targetless focusless thread but that is something out of my understanding
    Friendship is like pissing your pants.
    "Everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth"
    Thank you all for being the piss on my pants.
    5x70 shamans taurens Mahate Mahatu Muhaty Muhata Muhato horde EU on Drak'thul

No, was just hoping you forgot the simple step of putting it in every characters key slot.

I guess the macro

/focus [target=Muhata,help,nodead]; [target=Mahatu,help,nodead]; [target=Mahate,help,nodead]; [target=Muhaty,help,nodead]; [target=Muhato,help,nodead]

Looks ok to me. Can you explain what it is doing/not doing? Do your characters have a new focus after using it? Are they just not following your new focus? They have a new focus but won't attack?

I personally use Leaderless/Targetless - Focus Based Hydra for my group, so I am just trying to piece it together.

EDIT: typos in Macros is bad inch:

I think I see what you're trying to do. First off go get Jamba, it'll change your life.

A lot of people set up their targeting or heal macros to fail over to another target, like "heal my focus' target, if that fails heal my focus, if that fails heal my target, if that fails screw it heal me". It looks like that's what you're trying to do.

The way people tend to set up focus is they use the same function keys that they use to switch PiP windows in keyclone.

Say you're running 5 windows and your maximizer regions are bound to F8-F12.

If you bind /focus Muhata to F8 in all 5 windows, then /focus Muhatu to F9 in all 5 windows, etc etc, then whenever you switch windows with keyclone it also changes the focus to that toon. Check the link Solon gave.

I did a thread where some great advice was given to me, and Jafula (the guy who made Jamba) gave good advice, Look in here Zorba did some neat things too, check this out .

Hmm looks like one of your first formats
    is the exact syntax that aetherg mentioned in the Macro Codex (not all of the Codex made it to the Wiki I think) and your later

/clearfocus
    /focus Muhata
    /focus Mahatu
    /focus Mahate
    /focus Muhaty
    /focus Muhato

is IT Monkey's right out of the Wiki.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you know that nothing happened? Setting Focus doesn't give a visual indicator unless you have an addon that shows it. Your macro may be working fine, unless you have set up a test macro like /cast [target=focus] random buffing spell and see which toon it lands on.