Pally - Engineer/miner
    Shaman (ele) - enchanting/skinning
    Shaman (ele) - enchanting/herb
    Shaman (ele) - enchanting
    Shaman (resto) - enchanting

i dont know whether to take tailoring/LW/alchemy? and tips or advice
    and realistically will i skin and herb much i doubt it lol
    Shockin Shocked Shocka Shocko

I'd go with alchemy for sure on the resto shammy. With the new trinket, it is sweet for heals.

Maybe a LW or JC, at least you can DE what you make for chanting mats and help with leveling. Personally I like leveling professions, but whatever you like.
    US - Garona - Horde
    3x Sham + 1 Boom (Mooietonto, Mooiebravo, Mooiemacho, Eldude)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20-----|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|-----70-----|-----80

3 x mage + 1 priest(Níghtofnee, Nightofneé, Nightofnée, Scareyspice)
    1-----|-----10-----|-----20------|-----30-----|-----40-----|-----50-----|-----60-----|----70-----|-----80

I'd pick up tailoring somewhere, anywhere on your team or another character. I have a L70 mage who has tailoring/JC that is simply a waterboy, JC support, and turns cloth into DE mats.

Having the ability to convert cloth into enchanting mats is nice... Have that capability somewhere!
    Cranky old-timer.

Also see this post for the merits of LW on Shammies:

LW VS. "other gear avenues" (For Ele Shammy)

I'm glad I've taken it on all mine, despite the /wrists... not so much for now, but for the fact that I know it'll give me a big head start in WotLK when it gets going.
    Muraman/Muramar, Murmanela, Murmlena, Murmarula, Murmarina - Silvermoon EU
    Gnarlight, Gnarlon, Gnarlin, Gnarly, Gnarley - Silvermoon EU
    Fileta, Celestara, Floriana, Paleforth, Kyudo - Kilrogg EU

It's smart to have your main character only hold the more important gathering professions like mining, skinning and/or herbalism. This way, you have to switch the windows less.
    Crafting professions are easily doable on your additionals, because crafting requires a more sustained amount of attention time.

Quote Originally Posted by 'ken_vh',index.php?page=Thread&postID=56615#post56 615
    It's smart to have your main character only hold the more important gathering professions like mining, skinning and/or herbalism. This way, you have to switch the windows less.
    Agreed for mining and herbalism but for skinning it's possible to set up a '/cast [target=focustarget] Skinning' macro on an alt to skin anything the main has targetted, this removes the need to switch windows whilst skinning and means you can happily spread the gathering professions out more.

I've got mining on a char that is often the follow char, I did a little tweak to my UI so that his map lies right next to the map of the main, this way I spot more of the yellow "dots". The main has his map in the bottom right, and the follower has his in the bottom left of the adjacent screen. But then again I'm a cheapskate and run all my accts on one screen so this won't apply to all :P
    Muraman/Muramar, Murmanela, Murmlena, Murmarula, Murmarina - Silvermoon EU
    Gnarlight, Gnarlon, Gnarlin, Gnarly, Gnarley - Silvermoon EU
    Fileta, Celestara, Floriana, Paleforth, Kyudo - Kilrogg EU

Quote Originally Posted by 'Molt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=56621#post5662 1
    Agreed for mining and herbalism but for skinning it's possible to set up a '/cast [target=focustarget] Skinning' macro on an alt to skin anything the main has targetted, this removes the need to switch windows whilst skinning and means you can happily spread the gathering professions out more.
    Great suggestion, thanks!

great ideas thanks
    the skinning macro is excellent

im going to fill the other gaps with tailoring and alchemy and really try to keep on top of the herb as im guessing that will be the hardest as its on a clone, i shall increase the size of the mini map

is there not any herb macro then i guess?
    Shockin Shocked Shocka Shocko