Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default [Hotkeynet] preventing accidental spell interrupts in wow classic

I'm having two small issues trying to write healing hotkey/macros for my slave characters using spells that have a cast time (not instant cast).

I have "move backward" bound to "N"

Problem 1: Currently I have a hotkeynet script that causes my slave character to recieve a quick "move backward" input (to break autofollow and stand still) followed by casting holy light.

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn 5>
    <SendLabel w1>
    <key n>
    <wait 100>
    <key F5>

This works fine in the sense that if I press the hotkey once, the character stops autofollowing and stands still casting holy light. The problem is if i hit it again before the cast time is over, it will send another quick "move backward" and interrupt the current spell cast, because you have to stand still for the duration of the spell cast in order to successfully cast it. Is there some kind of work around that I can't figure out that will allow me to have a spammable hotkey that will stop autofollow and hold the character in place but actually complete the spell cast even if i accidentally press the key again?

Problem 2: May be more of a macro language workaround. I have a macro that causes my slave to follow me and assist me so i can leash my slave around and keep it attacking my target by facing it the right way.

/follow master
    /assist master

If i try to press this macro while my slave is casting holy light, it will of course cause the slave to autofollow, start running, and interrupt the holy light spell cast. Is there any macro language than can be inserted at the start of the macro that does a "check" to see if a spell is being cast, and if so doesn't move to the next line? So that if holy light or some other spell is being casted, it won't send the commands to follow and assist? I realize this can be accomplished by simply writing extra macros and binding to separate keys, but i was wondering if this could be accomplished in one macro.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Penetrator : 08-19-2018 at 11:58 AM

For problem 2.

/stopmacro [channeling]
    /follow master
    /assist master
    Or maybe even
    /follow [nochanneling] master
    /assist [nochanneling] master

Follow yourself. It works in live at least to break follow.

**edit might need to rephrase that.
    Have your healer follow themselves so /follow HEALERNAME

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
    I'm having two small issues trying to write healing hotkey/macros for my slave characters using spells that have a cast time (not instant cast).

I have "move backward" bound to "N"

Problem 1: Currently I have a hotkeynet script that causes my slave character to recieve a quick "move backward" input (to break autofollow and stand still) followed by casting holy light.

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn 5>
    <SendLabel w1>
    <key n>
    <wait 100>
    <key F5>

This works fine in the sense that if I press the hotkey once, the character stops autofollowing and stands still casting holy light. The problem is if i hit it again before the cast time is over, it will send another quick "move backward" and interrupt the current spell cast, because you have to stand still for the duration of the spell cast in order to successfully cast it. Is there some kind of work around that I can't figure out that will allow me to have a spammable hotkey that will stop autofollow and hold the character in place but actually complete the spell cast even if i accidentally press the key again?

thanks guys those will be helpful for when blizzard releases classic with the modern API.

Any ideas for private servers running 1.12 though? Its a different macro language and those wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
    Any ideas for private servers running 1.12 though? Its a different macro language and those wont work.
    Discussion of private servers is not allowed on this forum.

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...Before-Posting
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology