Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Question ISBoxer dynamic ATGs and Named Macro if character in <atg>

I have an interesting quirk I'm running into that may be just a lack of understanding of how Pro config + ATGs + WoW Named Macros are generated. Profile is here.

General setup:

Character set = Death Knights, and is assigned all three keymaps (DK-blood, DK-frost, DK-unholy)
    Each character is in ATGs "DKs," "DKBlood," "DKFrost," and "DKUnholy" in the UI.

I have 7 WoW Named Macros that I run through in sequence, and each has a separate macro line for each ATG. The Combat3 macro for example has this for DKs:

!if (character in "DKBlood") /castsequence Death Strike
    !if (character in "DKFrost") /cast Obliterate
    !if (character in "DKUnholy") /castsequence Outbreak, Festering Strike, Death Coil, Clawing Shadows, Festering Strike

I then have a mapped key in the Non-combat keymap that:
    * Sets the Virtual Combat Key Map to DK-unholy for all in ATG "DKs"
    * Joins ATG "DKUnholy" for all in ATG "DKs"
    * Leaves ATG "DKFrost" for all in ATG "DKs"

* Leaves ATG "DKBlood" for all in ATG "DKs"
    * Calls my (non-working lol) /usetalents 3 macro to switch specs to Unholy
    * Popup text shown: "Switching to DK-unholy"

The part that isn't working is that I cannot dynamically swap from one ATG to another and still have only the portion of the macro that applies to that ATG fire. What the macro ends up writing to the character's LUA file is:

/castsequence Death Strike
    /cast Obliterate
    /castsequence Outbreak, Festering Strike, Death Coil, Clawing Shadows, Festering Strike

The result of this is that Unholy and Frost never fire their portion of Combat3 because they get stuck on Death Strike.

Am I going to have to create a separate named macro for each spec? I had this working for my Monks at one point but even those are showing the same sort of thing now. Am I doing it wrong? Have I always had this misunderstood?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It is behaving as it should based on your config. The LUA Addon is generated at time of export, so all conditionals are evaluated at time of export. As the characters belong to all ATG's then the macro gets all the lines.

Yes, you really need separate macros, and each class mapped key should be calling the individual macros and sent to Window:Current (I can't check your profile to see which mapped key so can't tell you, but whatever is in the DK-blood, DK-frost, DK-unholy key maps). Because you want DK's to get all of them, then the macros need to use unique key combinations, and either be in a single macro set, or different macro sets and all three assigned to the characters in question (again, because the LUA Addon is evaluated and generated on Export, so the superset needs to be in place in the config).

The pro config switches spec based on the Virtualization, and not which ATG you are in. If you do use ATG's in a Pro config, it is usually for key maps/mapped keys which are not virtualized, or to limit which toons are send the command, which is later virtualized. I don't think you get any benefit from the ATG's in this setup unless the rotation mapped key is DK specific (i.e. you don't want other toons to respond).
    Last edited by mbox_bob : 12-18-2017 at 04:20 AM

Blog Entries

Bob explained it exactly. Like a pro is about keyboard virtualization of key maps not ATGs and ATGs are not really necessary for anything. Definitely put all your macros in one set, my blog has a giant empty one to use for any class, and also I have a post about switching specs in game with like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    and ATGs are not really necessary for anything.
    Whoa, now... let's not get carried away. ATGs are very useful for breaking up round-robin stuns and interrupts, as well as any other basic tasks that someone may want to round-robin within a mixed-class group.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Whoa, now... let's not get carried away. ATGs are very useful for breaking up round-robin stuns and interrupts, as well as any other basic tasks that someone may want to round-robin within a mixed-class group.
    Ah, looking at it, it looks like some of my teams still use: interrupter, melee, and EVERYONE, which is necessary for making my dxnothing feeds work correctly. When I had them, anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. It occurred to me about 4am that I was probably doing an end run around the design spec of the feature. Telling a character to fire an action based on which ATG they're in and then having that action need to then go back again and decide which ATG action to address was...suboptimal. I've broken out the spec-specific abilities into a separate macro group that gets called via separate keymaps and that's working fine. In fact, it fixed a few issues I didn't realize I had. So, this was good training.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)