Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Favorite Games to Multibox

I had created a team of Druids in WoW and got frustrated with the mechanics of using a melee DPS team. This in conjunction with removal of /follow in BGs as well as less ability to create unique specs (where you used to be able to create hybrids) has left a bad taste in my mouth for WoW in general.

I am looking for another game to multibox (free preferably but not mandatory). Please let me know what your favorite is and if possible, explain why. I am currently downloading LOtRO. I thought I would give that a try since it is free now. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I used to play RIFT for a bit and it wasn't bad but only got to level twenty something.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

EQ1 or EQ2 are both easy to box.. lots of info on these forums in the EQ section. LotRO was fun to box if I remember right. FFXIV is also fun to box.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

I liked Rift although I miss hybrid specs in that game as well. Before the first expansion you could do what you wanted spec wise, after that expansion hit you HAD to put enough points in one tree to get to the bottom. Rift has a kind of jerky community towards boxers, though.

Lotro I couldn't get over how much of an enormous pain it was just to talk to quest givers at the same time (I think the max was 3 people could have the dialog open?) and inventory management was a nightmare (even on non-free accounts). The music and story were nice, though.

Rift is fun and will help with the multiboxing WoW withdrawls, but the game is not as polished. The macro system comes to mind, you just don't have as much control boxing.

I took a break from WoW for a few months and Rift was great for that, but I'm back to WoW now.

OMG I just found out Wildstar is now free AND it can be multiboxed! I played this for a short time a while back and simply loved it! The feel is super smooth and it just made me happy playing it. Maybe I will try and box it.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by blast3r View Post
    OMG I just found out Wildstar is now free AND it can be multiboxed! I played this for a short time a while back and simply loved it! The feel is super smooth and it just made me happy playing it. Maybe I will try and box it.
    The trailers looked amazing and I am downloading to try the game out myself. But the combat system looks very tough to multibox, like you have to manually aim everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    The trailers looked amazing and I am downloading to try the game out myself. But the combat system looks very tough to multibox, like you have to manually aim everything.
    I think they relaxed their anti-multiboxing stance as well. AT first they were very much against it. I do not remember how to set stuff up in Wildstar but I remember it being easy to box in the open world ( never tried dungons ) You do have to be pointing at the targets your attacking but there is tab targeting.. assist etc.. and the abilities are forgiving enough that it just works.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I 3 boxed wildstar for a while, but all it did was make me go back to wow.. I missed the ease of wow boxing too much.. I leave try other stuff.. but no game comes close to wow boxing for me. I missed jamba and how much easier it makes questing/looting.

Check out this post about boxing wildstar: https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/co...response_from/
    Last edited by Andreauk : 05-22-2016 at 02:35 PM

I 5-boxed wildstar for a bit (Warrior + 2 Espers + Gunslinger + Medic) and I gotta say it was not at all bad. There is vacuum looting built in to the game, they have assist and follow, toons can auto-face enemies when attacking, there is a combat equivalent of IWT+Click to Move that works for all classes... The mechanics are definitely there. I mainly just got bored of leveling, as I usually do, no matter the game.

Not sure how demanding it would get in actual instances, but just running around questing I had 0 problems.

I started multiboxing ghetto-style in Dark Age of Camelot, which was tons of fun, but I had no idea back then just how gimped that game was in terms of follow/assist mechanics. I gave it up for about 6 months when WoW came out. I think I decided to start multiboxing WoW about time my shaman was dying repeatedly in Un'Goro Crater. I've been playing WoW off and on for most of the time since as it's really the most solid MMO available in all ways.

Tried EVE for a while; not bad but just too much calendar time to get to where I wanted to go skill-wise. I had tons of money but couldn't fly what I wanted without another 6 months of AFK skill training.

Tried Rift for a bit with some friends and family and while we liked the game's leveling mechanics, it had a sort of...unorganic feel to it. Like the world just wasn't alive enough. That, and hunter pets wouldn't tank for shit. Made it to end game and started getting bitten by the "trap" mechanics that purported to be difficulty.

Tried Diablo for a bit. Fun game for an orthogonal arcade game, though it got old after the second run-through.

Dabbled in a few others but honestly, WoW keeps me coming back because it's the only game where I can just login and blow stuff up quick, fast, and in a hurry and not feel like I'm Working at it. The UI, playability, and feel of the game are just excellent. Yeah, I get bored of the content like anyone else but then again, Tetris is pretty freaking short on content and it's one of the most popular games of all time.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)