Hi guys

First of all, apologies in advance for the wall of text and if some of my questions seem as if I was not prepared to do my homework but I am not too savvy when it comes to PC hardware.

I need to buy a new desktop as I want to start multiboxing 5-man teams for the first time (I did 3-man in the past to boost teams through RAF in MoP and that was ok) but I have little confidence in selecting the right setup. Let me say that I have read the hardware forums and watched a number of movies on PC builds for multiboxing but not many exist that are recent and directly relate to what I would like to do (ie 5-man).

Ideally, my budget is £2,000 (USD 2,900) but I could stretch this if necessary. In that case, I would like to upgrade my 22 inch LCD as a second priority (not sure I need 4K for example and in any case afraid the CPU and GPU I can buy for my budget might not be powerful enough to handle 4K Legion in any event so I would like to take that into consideration).

I know I have to calibrate CPU / GPU and RAM to deliver a solid say 60+ fps for my main (I am happy to keep the fps of the 4 followers low) but I am not feeling very confident in putting a set of hardware together that will work for a smooth 5-man experience.

Would you please help me on that based on your experience with setups that deliver well? I understand that Legion’s requirements will have an impact on this of course but your guess is definitely better than mine at this point.

Please allow me to ask some additional more specific questions:

• Power supply: can you explain why these are so advisable?
  • Cooling: many people seem to use water cooling or fancy ventilation setups in own builds, what would you advise given I am not going to build by myself but instructing a decent hardware store to do it for me?
  • Generations: obviously new generations of CPU/Mobo etc get released constantly. Whilst I want to start playing as soon as possible (not wait til Legion), I can probably wait 1-2 months if that means I can get better hardware / cheaper prices. Worth it based on what you know gets released in due course?
  • GPU: I read that some people use 2 GPU for 5-man teams, is that really necessary or cheaper than buying one higher end GPU that can deal with 5 instances?
  • Monitor: Should I be thinking about using 2 monitors with Displayport instead of just 1 or how do you guys like to play 5-man teams?
  • FPS: based on your hardware recommendation, what resolution and fps do you think I can run on my main (I am not too concerned with the 4 followers)?
  • SSD: can you please explain to me what the ideal setup is here? 1 SSD and 1 HDD or 2 SSD? Or simply 1 large SSD? Of course price will be the determining factor here but I guess having OS and games on different disks will slow things down?

Sorry for all these questions!!

And thanks so much for your answers!!