Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Trying to find a new game to box.

I have run 5 boxes of SWTOR, WoW, Wildstar. i am now trying to find something else to try and multibox just for the kicks.

Any recommendartions based on these criteria :

• Has auto-follow : From any window if possible.
    • Free to play : I wanna test it out before i decide to buy/subsribe.
    • None or almost no restriction to F2P accounts.
    • Nice interface to help while questing : It's not mandatory but beeing able to turn in quests for all windows and/or tracking quest progress without the use of video feeds would be nice cause video feeds don't help much when the other windows are scaled down

Just curious whatS' the most friendly game to multiboxing ( except for WoW off course lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Veerlo View Post
    I have run 5 boxes of SWTOR, WoW, Wildstar. i am now trying to find something else to try and multibox just for the kicks.

Any recommendartions based on these criteria :

• Has auto-follow : From any window if possible.
    • Free to play : I wanna test it out before i decide to buy/subsribe.
    • None or almost no restriction to F2P accounts.
    • Nice interface to help while questing : It's not mandatory but beeing able to turn in quests for all windows and/or tracking quest progress without the use of video feeds would be nice cause video feeds don't help much when the other windows are scaled down

Just curious whatS' the most friendly game to multiboxing ( except for WoW off course lol )
    Not sure of many that are F2P without very limiting restrictions. The ones you have played already are the best in that way.

But EQ2 and Rift are very boxable..as well as EQ1. But i can tell you for sure that NO other games even come close to how boxer friendly WoW is.

BTW.. are you done with Wildstar?

Edit: You might want to check the isboxer forums.. there are a lot of games, some i have never even heard of, being boxed there. i know Anarchy Online just got a major graphical upgrade, and i remember two boxing that when it first came out.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 10-13-2015 at 08:54 AM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Not sure of many that are F2P without very limiting restrictions. The ones you have played already are the best in that way.

But EQ2 and Rift are very boxable..as well as EQ1. But i can tell you for sure that NO other games even come close to how boxer friendly WoW is.

BTW.. are you done with Wildstar?

Edit: You might want to check the isboxer forums.. there are a lot of games, some i have never even heard of, being boxed there. i know Anarchy Online just got a major graphical upgrade, and i remember two boxing that when it first came out.
    no I'm not done with wildstar :-) I got to lvl 25 with 5 spells lingers and now it's getting a little bit more messy. avoiding the red is getting kinda important and it's hard avoiding the stuff on 5 windows lol

Doesn't really fit your reqs, but I've been having a blast multiboxing Diablo 3.

Lord of the Rings Online aka LOTRO was a very fun game. Especially if you're a fan of Tolkien of course. Really nice graphics even for how old it is and it's F2P. This is if they are still around- I haven't checked in ages lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    Lord of the Rings Online aka LOTRO was a very fun game. Especially if you're a fan of Tolkien of course. Really nice graphics even for how old it is and it's F2P. This is if they are still around- I haven't checked in ages lol.
    The F2P restrictions are pretty crazy though. If you like grinding out the Turbine Points then it doesn't matter.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    The F2P restrictions are pretty crazy though. If you like grinding out the Turbine Points then it doesn't matter.
    Agreed. Inventory is NOT manageable f2p, not unless you just delete every profession item.

My problem with LOTRO was the same all three times. I got to the late 20s and hit a quest zone where you had to go in and out of this suicidal or slow canyon (depending on how you approached it... I'm a "run through and hope stuff deaggros" kind of girl, which can make life more... interesting) about 5 times. I HATE that zone and a bunch of the zones aren't included by default in f2p anyway.

The music and atmosphere is still lovely though, I was actually considering giving it another shot because I'm reading the Wheel of Time series right now and it is very reminiscent of tolkien.

I think rift is the most wow-like multiboxing experience and a lot of the hate has died down from the initial snottiness when the game went f2p. I stopped playing personally because 1) they broke true multispeccing* and 2) I hated that they jacked up the AH fees so that I couldn't use crafting to make gold anymore

*in vanilla rift, deep multispecs were viable, after the expansion, suddenly hybrids were not viable, at least not for boxing, so I had to switch my multispec team from 4 and 1 to 3-1-1, much less fun and smooth. I actually had a bit of a hard time getting my specs back up to scratch. I think I eventually did, and I discussed the process in my rift blog posts last year.