Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Someone tried to log into my user account 5 times and was disabled

Got an email about it that looks legit. Just wondering if someone might have got my user name from a forum post? I went ahead and changed my password. I haven't been on the site in months. Anything else I should do?

Hi,

Please make sure your System is not infected. I highly suggest you to download MBAM from https://www.malwarebytes.org/
    Once downloaded you could activate the real time scanner, but for a quick scan just don't enable this trial.

Also in case you have a mobile phone Android/IOS download a Authenticator from blizzard to max security.
    If your using a password for alot of the same things and lets say a Forum would be compromised and data is leaked with passwords this might be a problem.

I hope you sort out the problems,

Vayku

Same thing happened to my account fyi.

Blog Entries

Like your db.com accounts? What possible value would that have?

I got this today as well. I logged in after the 15 minute cooldown and made my password more difficult just in case.

Maybe it's a forum spammer trying to get accounts to post on? I don't recall any posts on here so someone may have a user list.

My account has been around a while but I just used it to surf the forums for dual boxing info, setup and tips.

My guess is script kiddies from EVE, or a generic forum scraper/hackpost bot.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

posters with < 2 total posts trigger my spidey scense
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

How'd he sneak a link in there? I remember when I first joined took months before I could post links.

Links were reallowed a while back because there were too many complaints and spammers moved away from post spamming for the most part anyway. Now they are all blog spammers, which is why blogs didn't work right for a while. At this point the forum software prevents a large portion of spammers from even registering and I physically go through new registrations every morning to weed out whatever might get through.

Most of these users with single-digit posts are old registrations, seen from their join date under their name. Malwarebytes is a perfectly common security tool, suggested often on these forums and listed in the Newbie's Guide as a suggested application. There is zero reason to treat posters like they are suspicious simply because they don't have many posts. They are taking the time to report a potential security issue here when they aren't even regular posters. They could have come here and started screaming, cussing, threatening etc or ignored the issue altogether leaving us in the dark.

So thank you mdsjohna, thelastjay and whitefall. I don't have anything to do with the actual make-forum-work stuff but I'll drop a word and make sure the right people have seen this, since the early posts did leave it vague that we're talking about DB accounts, not WoW accounts.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Well not only posters with a couple posts seem to have this issue, got a mail as well:

date: Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    subject: Account on Dual-Boxing.com locked out

just FYI
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!