Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hello (again)

Default Hello (again)

I just wanted to give a shout out to all the old friends from DB.com.

It feels like forever ago that we were all multiboxing shamans in WoW, perhaps it was...

Anyhow, I've been playing Diablo3 for the past couple of seasons and am seriously considering multiboxing for S4. I'm playing a monk as a main this season, and think I mainly would like to just dual-box. Probably run a complete second PC for the second account.

What's the state-of-the-art these days for running two D3 accounts on two different PCs? What software/hardware would people recommend?

Part of me just wants to have the second monk character suit up in full +XP gear and then teleport to gear drops, not bothering with combat. If you've done that as well, I'd be curious to know if it's worth the hassle.

Cheers,

Boylston

Somehow I have two different accounts on DB.com now... So I guess I have multiboxing the forums figured out.
    Cranky old-timer.

ISBoxer is working wonders for me, took me barely any time to setup since the defaults with the wizards work pretty well. I'd recommend a pretty decent CPU for the game hardware vise, I7 with HT enabled seems to be a requirement since my old 920 just goes shit without it enabled. My new 4970k however has no issues whatsoever running 4 copies at 60 fps 1080p.

For the gearing process I've had a main that was capable of higher rifts already so generally I've just gotten myself some rift keys and then clear the rift for xp and pick up the GR token. Then when all are 70 I solo clear GRs abusing the reuse of GR tokens by vendoring them so I get 4 times the GR runs. When the GR dies I just teleport to the boss and pickup loot and repeat. At some point everyone has the necessary gear to start running along my main and then you can start bumping up the GR level.

If you don't have a main that can PL your alts like that well then you just run all from 1-70, it's a bit more annoying to constantly swap gear due to levelling and it takes a lot longer. It's a necessary evil in a new season however. I guess dual boxing makes this part a lot easier as well as monk not being the most multibox friendly class.

Quote Originally Posted by NetQvist View Post
    ISBoxer is working wonders for me, took me barely any time to setup since the defaults with the wizards work pretty well.
    I reactivated a ISBoxer license last night after a year or so of inactivity and it was absolutely painless to get up and running. I created a team for the Americas server as well as the PTR. I think I'm just going to run the two accounts on one system-- the results from my small session last night were pleasantly surprising, performance-wise.

2.3 is really spectacular, I've been playing it quite a bit on the PTR. It has major quality of life benefits for everyone, including MBers.

I'll be playing Season 4 with the two monks, utilizing one as a Main that I play with friends and then towing along the second for XP bonus, double loot drop chances, etc. I was skeptical about sync issues with D3, given the lack of a follow mechanic, but it was easy enough to keep two together. Having not MBed D3 before, I thought there would be no way that Dashing Strike would have a chance at keeping the duo together, but it's surprisingly easy to keep clumped.
    My main monk will be a Uliana-6 build with F+R, the new season items, and cubed for the SSS+EP meta. I'll probably run Fire Exploding Palm on both to really capitalize on the stacking effects, assuming they stay. I will probably run heavy XP items on the follower monk, at least until I can get a second U6 set going. Even then, I think it might be worthwhile having heavy XP in place.

With Season 4 launch, I think I might not try to level both simultaneously. We'll see. Depends on what the rest of my friends are doing... I will utilize Nephalem Rifts almost exclusively for the legendary drop chance, so it may not be that bad to run both at the start. Once I do a L15ish Leoric Crown run, I might just park one at the rift entrance in XP gear and not hassle with the constant item shuffling until they're 70.

I wrote a monk leveling guide here, if anyone is interested in optimizing their S4 start: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monk...eveling_guide/
    Cranky old-timer.