Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Time to Mosey

Default Time to Mosey

Man, I don't even know what to say. I've been a part of this place for 7 years, it's been home in a lot of ways and I didn't want to just disappear without speaking a little peace.

Not a lot of people really know me, that's been by design. I have chronic depression, social and general anxiety and it's pretty much made me a recluse for the past decade. These forums and occasionally the IRC channel have been my primary social outlet since I joined. When I speak about this being a community, it's always had that deeper connotation to me. Multiboxing was the only thing I enjoyed doing and this place became my tribe in a way. A lot of these posts and guides I made, these scripts I wrote, these toons I leveled were lifelines - the only thing that got me out of bed a lot of days. These little moments of feeling fucking awesome because of something I figured out or learned or because of something I wrote were often all I had to keep my head above water.

Over the last couple years I've had a really rough time, but I've been slowly trying to pull myself together. I quit smoking cigarettes, started working out regularly and lost about 80lbs. I made an effort to put myself out there by opening up to Facebook and journaling and all that. This Christmas I took the last step and accepted I needed anti-depressants. The last few months have been a long, slow reboot for me.

But anyway, during these last few years, I've also been debating if it's time to move on from Dual-boxing. I haven't multiboxed in years and didn't even buy the last WoW expansion for my main, so I don't feel I've had much to offer in quite a while. The landscape of multiboxing has changed over the last few years and especially in the last year I find I'm not doing much more than banning spam registrations and being the mean one who locks everything. Not that I'm complaining in the slightest, it's literally what I volunteered for, but at this point I feel like I'm no longer needed and it's ok for me to move on. It's time.

So, I didn't want this to be a melodramatic life story, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for being my peeps over the last 7 years and giving me a place to belong and feel like a valuable person. I also wanted to take a sec to apologize for any points where I was needlessly harsh or rude. I've tried to keep myself professional and fair but that's not always easy when you're fubar in the grey matter.

I gutted my site and archived my multiboxing stuff, but I don't have plans to delete anything, so there shouldn't be any impact on anything here. I'll check back here a bit if anyone needs anything, but I guess this is adios, pard'ners. It's been great to play with you and I wish you all the best.

~Kate
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Thank you Khatovar for everything you've done for this community! We could always count on you to keep these rowdy folks in check. You will be missed!
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

you be missed kate you always been the one to put a end to the drama.

Depression and anxiety is not great and after i been dealing with it for a good 7 years i know how you feel i been told that infarct i might not even have depression as its from hypothyroidism and this has been overlooked for 7 years, or though am still going though tests. but it seems this is what i have been dealing with anti-depressants always made me feel a lot worse. i hope you still come back to say hi from time to time

take care and i hope everything goes well for you.

/love Jennifer

It's been nice having you around, and my thanks for helping to make this place one of the best communities on the internet. Best of luck and God speed.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I sincerely hope you find or have found what gives you hope and enjoyment. Thank you for your significant contribution to the this great community Kate!

Take care!! Good luck in your travels.

Noooooooo, Khatovar! WHO WILL THE HOTKEYNET USERS TURN TO WHEN IN NEED?

Seriously, though... It's too bad you're leaving.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I am sorry to see you go too Khat. I never really go to the chance to get to know you but you will be missed for sure.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your work over the years and especially the interact-with-mouseover ("khat fishing") tutorials. Best of luck out there in the AFK world.

Khatovar you are the best! I'll miss you and the way you handled yourself so eloquently here - especially when it came to troublemakers.

That's really great to hear about all the progress you made in RL - it's very inspiring. Best of luck and don't be a stranger!
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews