Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Building 10man PVE Team

I know this is an old thread - but I'm doing 10box now too.
    Left for 1.5 years and was doing 5box for about 2 years before that.

I had:
    5 DRU
    5 PAL
    5 DK
    5 HUNTER
    5 SHAM
    All 5.5kgs or higher in both pve/pvp
    (Also 5 PRIEST but it wasnt maxed. was only ~4.5kgs back in wotlk)

For PVE/raid timers I would take 1 of each and mix/match them into teams. Had a solid cycle going.

Now I have MOP and considering what to do with group comps for 10boxing.
    I really want to stick to 2 simple rules though:
    1) no more than 3 different classes in each group.
    2) have as few chars on each account as possible.

I'm currently trying it like this:
    (Account #'s)
    1: DRU, PAL, DK (tanks)(offspec DPS)
    2: DRU, PAL, DK (offtanks)(DPS)
    3-5: DRU, HNT, DK (DPS)
    6-7: DRU, SHM, HNT (DPS)
    8-10: DRU, SHM, PST (healers)

That would make teams like:
    DRU (tank)
    DRU (offtank/dps)
    5x HNT (DPS)
    3x DRU + SHM (heals)

PAL (tank)
    PAL (offtank/dps)
    5x DK (DPS)
    3x SHM (heals)

etc.

i *think* i could then pretty much configure teams which conform to the above 2 rules + only have 3 chars on each account.

10x DRU teams are, actually, really good.
    Druid was my favorite team. I leveled as feral and it went real smooth. Was super fun world pvp while leveling too. Probably spent more time doing that than grinding haha. 5 cats pwns.
    In BGs its of course all about the boomkins. 5 cats in BG are also very fun, but boomkins are so powerful. Sometimes I'd do 1 resto/4 boomkin if I really wanted to survive maps where long treks into enemy territory were necessary like AV.

I also really like how PAL + DK synchronize. All melee. Only problem with that in wotlk was the super harsh AOE damage and cleave.
    I've heard in MOP its much easier now though. So I will give that a try too - 5 PAL 5 DK.
    I really like simple teams. 2 classes is even better.
    The only class in the game that gets away with single-class boxing teams is DRU and PAL of course. They can be all 3 (tank/dps/heal). Well monk now too I guess - but it doesnt seem like that class is good for boxing.

Anyhow - considering this - do you guys think this is a good plan?
    Anybody else out there doing 10boxing teams?

Cheers.

What are you trying to accomplish?

I am not sure what you mean about PvP boxing as a group, not sure that will work out others could comment better.

If your not going with WoD, I am not sure what the viability of 10 boxing would be. One level 100 character should be able to Holy Nova your whole team to death.

Gearing is simple, use leveled Heirlooms and you are done until 100, there is a real lack of grind until 100. Once you get your toons at 640+ and a trinity or more higher (LFR and garrisons) you can do some PvE raiding in WoD pretty easily without much fuss if you know how to work your characters.

I would advise leveraging dual specs as muc has possible since gear has spec stats now (unless your not doing WoD). While a hunter, mage, warlock are fine, dont cap everything that way. This will also help grinding in queues.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm unclear what exactly you are boxing. MOP raids?

I'd definitely not try to raid heal multiboxing with nothing but paladins. Druids could be interesting, but problematic. Priests are probably the safest class to stack at the moment but my experience healing with shaman and monks this xpac is limited.