Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Had to build a new computer to 5 box WOD, just got it last week.

Got the main paladin 100 w/ ilvl 640.

War + 4 Sham group is 94 (Chain running instances ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    My first team of ten is between ilvl 619 and 627. I've yet to set foot in a heroic or even a regular level 100 dungeon. I'm not raiding Highmaul yet, but my followers are starting to. They get a mission called "Highmaul Raid" once you get a group of them to (follower ilvl) 645. They give your toon a piece of ilvl 655 gear when successful.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't like the follower game leads to instant free 655 ilvl gear. It has taken me a good amount of time to get my followers leveled up to that level and it could be that spending my time in heroics instead would have yielded quicker results. Heroics definitely require more skill to accomplish. However, I've been enjoying managing each toon's little army from the comfort of my garrison.
    I'm doing very much the same thing, though I started late on the follower leveling. Coming along nicely, and most of my guys are in 607-612 average ilvl without completing a single heroic instance. Heh, I'm still working on the treasure map locations for Frostfire Ridge after picking up the maps tonight. So much to do...so little time.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

dont leave it too late to do the instances or they wont present much of a challenge!
    even 5 ilevels makes the difference between the seemingly impossible and the doable in my experience so far.

My aim is to finish each heroic at the lowest ilevel possible. after that there's just no point in running them as the gear is crap i630 and all the GOT(gear over time) stuff supercedes it by miles.(classic hyperbole i know..)

Did someone mention war+4sham !!! thats on my shortlist for my next team tell me more!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Good fighter that mark hunt
    he is originally from a previous team
    i hate choosing names, so i gave them all names of my favourite fighters from back in PRIDE (the japanese fighting organisation not the gay movement lol)

I definitely think War Mill/Dwarven Bunker is the way to go levelling up.
    I would say I got upgrades > 50% of the time. When I hit 100 on my paladin I only needed a couple of normal runs to be ready for heroics.
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD

Finished my first heroic tonight - figured I'd try to make some progress toward the ilvl 580 legendary rings that require three heroics. Hadn't read any strats or seen any videos when I walked in - totally cold. Started with Bloodmaul Slag Mines, but it took a while. First and second bosses killed me once or twice while I learned what they did. Third boss was a real pita - spent half my time in there on him. One spotted the last boss, which was a welcome change after the third boss.

Two more heroics to go for the uberring
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Finished my first heroic tonight - figured I'd try to make some progress toward the ilvl 580 legendary rings that require three heroics. Hadn't read any strats or seen any videos when I walked in - totally cold. Started with Bloodmaul Slag Mines, but it took a while. First and second bosses killed me once or twice while I learned what they did. Third boss was a real pita - spent half my time in there on him. One spotted the last boss, which was a welcome change after the third boss.

Two more heroics to go for the uberring
    rolltal ?
    he was the hardest on normal, havent tried him on heroic yet, but imagine he will be an arse!

what team are you using? what ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by fightcow View Post
    rolltal ?
    what team are you using? what ilvl?
    Yep, Roltall. Tons of movement and crap all over the floor to dodge. It was surprising to me that the best strategy for two of the bosses (Roltall and Crushto) was to keep my guys on follow the whole time. On Gug'Rokk my healers and DPS were grouped the whole fight. Only on Magmolaus did I retain the strategy that I always start new fights on - my guys spread out most of the fight.

Hmmm... that team was a prot pally, disc priest, ele shammy, marks hunter, and destro lock. About ilvl 620.
    Last edited by Mercurio : 12-10-2014 at 09:22 AM
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    Had to build a new computer to 5 box WOD, just got it last week.
    I have the memory but I have to "upgrade" to windows 8 in order to use it, so I'm dragging my feet.