Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Question Regarding Interact w/ Target and Skill Usage

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Multiboxing community and I have a fairly simple question that I need answered.

The question is as follows: Is it okay to bind interact with target and skill usage to the same button press?

I am trying to dualbox a melee team and I am wondering if it's acceptable to make a keybind that uses Stormstrike and Interact w/ Target in the same keystroke.

I'm using AHK to do all my key broadcasting by hand and I need to know if this is okay or if I have to make them on different inputs.

Also, I'm aware that I can do things like "On Key Down use Spell"/ On Key Up Interact w/ Target," but that seems less fluid. It may however be the only way of doing what I want within Blizz's standards.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

- Ross

I do. There's nothing keeping you from pressing two buttons at the same time. The fact that you can order it so one keypress fires before the other in the same frame might be a little over the top, but you can tell your gaming mouse to press "ctrl-1" and "ctrl-2" just as easily as isboxer doing it. Is that a valid argument, or is this a case of "two wrongs don't make a right?" I don't know, but imo it at least makes it less of a worry for me.

Hmmm, thanks for the response Tehtsuo.

Yea I mean technically I would make it so it's sending two key inputs at the same time to my "slave" window (whichever one isn't the focus). So for example I'd have an ability macro like Stormstrike bound to "r" and then Interact w/ Target bound to say "-".

So every time I pressed "r" it would press both "r" and "-" simultaneously. Using any kind of delay would be automation so this would have to be the case and since there isn't any means of using "Interact w/ Target" in a macro, it has to be a seperate key. That's the dilemma. I just want to follow the rules ya know?

Like I said, I can use key down / key up for seperate inputs but I don't want to do this if I don't have to. So what you're saying is you use ISBoxer to do 2 keypresses simultaneously when controlling melee? 1 being Interact with target and the other being whichever ability macro?
    Last edited by Eskimz : 10-08-2014 at 10:27 AM

To answer your bolded question, yes.

I actually send like a dozen keypresses at the same time, I use the "slam face on keyboard" method of dpsing.

Interesting. Do you mind if ask how long you've been doing that and you haven't had any issues?

Sending multiple keypresses at the same time? Since TBC...

Blog Entries

Eskimz, also consider that you can change from doing "execute when the hotkey is pressed" to pressed OR released. That gives you two steps per hotkey, you can do IWT on the press and dps on the release.

I was a purist for a long time but at the end of the day Face-On-Keyboard plays much nicer with like a pro.

there noway blizzard know if your sending one key press or 10000 there logs would not show. just a LOT of spam that if you press keys really fast like everyone does its not a prob.

"the Sending single keypresses" blizzard said as a boxing rule was more that if you added timers. (or though we been getting round that with blizzard own Mario system with ,,,, and then ,0,0,0,0,0) ((both of witch now have been removed))

There single key press rule it
    press 3 once

Player cast lighting blot

sending multiple keypress is

press 3 once

/cast lighting
    /cast heal
    /cast lava nuke

with one key press = bad.

thats what blizzard hacks team said to me. its more one action per keypress per window. then one key per window

The only thing I've ever had happen was there was one time that I goofed and had 3 teams worth of key maps active, so I was spamming something like 20 keystrokes per window per key press - (80) - all it did was dc me. Had the damnedest time figuring out why I kept dcing in combat.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

One thing to know, sending skills + IWT majorly increases your odds of having runaway slaves, as does spamming IWT.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _