Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Prot Pally rotation and spec

Here is the rotation and spec I have come up with for my pally and tested it out on the ledges in Verlok Stand with no healer, which should be a good testing ground for any tanks. I rand laps picking up mobs and mowed them down, they did get me low on health a couple times, only cause for some reason the rotation hangs up after casting Holy Wrath in the sequence, but casts it again when it's off cooldown, usually happens when right when it fires off Avenger's Shield too, might be another glitch.

I use /click commands because Priority macros never seem to work for me like others have suggested or do. So, here's my setup, hope it helps y'all too as most run Prot pallys here with their teams anyway.

#1 Key
    /cast [@mouseover] Avenger's Shield

#2 Key
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Wrath,Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous
    /cast Word of Glory
    /click BT4Button5
    /click BT4Button6
    /click BT4Button12

#3 Key
    /cast [@mouseover] Hammer of Wrath

My BT4Buttons:

5:
    /cast Shield of the Righteous
    /click BT4Button6
    /click BT4Button12

6:
    /cast Avenger's Shield (always hits current target first)
    /click BT4Button12
    My Talent tree and Glyphs <click to see

With this you will not get the x5 stack from using Shield of the Righteous, but you will have a wave of constant self heals coming in from yourself and since WoG does not trigger the global cooldown for Prot pally now, with Divine Purpose, I have had this proc back to back and get me from 40% health to full in a second, that was from a bad pull btw. Still, try this out, it works really well so far for the spot I have tried, I imagine you will have no problems from it. IF it does cast Avenger's Shield and Holy Wrath back to back, chances are it is what triggers that glitch and causes it to hang up on HW while it and AS are both on cooldown. If it happens, I doubt you will loss any threat from the few second downtime on till it fires off again. Good luck

He's using Bartender4, so that's how his action buttons are named.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by ctrolz View Post
    what does BT4Button12 do?
    Sorry, I overlooked that and thought I put it, it's the spell Hammer of Wrath straight from the spell book, no macro. As I tested this on the ledge in Deepholme, it did fire off on the mobs, so it should work with other player's setups.

Blog Entries

I WOG manually, these are my step macros:

Step 1:
    Code:
    !if (character in "Paladin") /cast [nocombat] Avenger's Shield
    !if (character in "Paladin") /castsequence reset=combat/3 Hammer of the Righteous, Judgment, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous, Sacred Shield, Crusader Strike, Judgment, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgment, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous
    This one reliably stacks HP to three and then SORs, it uses slightly more crusader strike than HOTR, and it reapplies sacred shield every 20-25 seconds

Step 2:
    Code:
    !if (character in "Paladin") /cast Avenger's Shield
    This one casts avengers shield when it procs, generating a little extra ho po and damage, but not relying on it for sotr

Step 3:
    Code:
    !if (character in "Paladin") /cast Hammer of Wrath
    Step 4:
    Code:
    !if (character in "Paladin") /castsequence Consecration, Holy Wrath

I don't use HKN/ISBoxer or any other program for macros, other than Superdupermacro addon in rare occasions, but is the following command for those or used in the default WoW macros? Plus, what does it do? This was not around when I first started using macros and haven't seen this until recent here.

!if (character in "Paladin")

That is for doing macros in ISBoxer.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Macro

Jamba Macros work on the same sort of principal, I think.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    That is for doing macros in ISBoxer.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Macro

Jamba Macros work on the same sort of principal, I think.

Ok, ty. I never messed around with the macro systems in either, so I'll check it out then. Maybe it will improve my dps too.