Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 83

Post Switchable macro sets with variables - Addon - Jamba-Macro

I've been hacking away at Jamba-Macro.

You need:

JambaDev (0.5) Download

This is alpha quality stuff and there are few places where you will get lua errors if you click some buttons without having a valid selection. Basically some buttons are not disabled when they should be. There is no validation on the names of macro and variable sets which should not have spaces in them.

Its much more stable now.

I want to know if:

a) Anyone thinks they would use this,
    b) How to make it better.

How it works

The macros are stored within Jamba-Macro and are built on the fly. You cannot see their icons or cooldown status.

Macro Sets

Initial you create a set of macros and give them a name. Within this set, you can add and remove macros. You can make as many sets of macros as you like. They must have unique names and the names cannot have spaces in them. You can make a new macro set by copying an existing one.

Macros

The macros inside a macro set have 4 properties. A name, a tag, the macro text (the command) and a key binding.

Macro Name

The macro name can be anything you like (numbers and letters only).

Macro Tag

Only characters with this tag will enable this macro. You can put a ! in front of the tag to mean everyone expect the one with that tag.

Say I had 3 toons, toon1, toon2, toon3, tagged appropriately.

A tag of toon1 would get toon1.

A tag of !toon1 would get toon2 and toon3.

Macro Text

The macro text is like a regular macro, except that you can put variables in place of regular text. Variables are distinguished by being wrapped in #. An example:

/cast [target=#player2#] #spellheal#

in this macro there are two variables; player2 and spellheal

Macro Key

To use a macro, you must assign it a key. The key bound to each macro, does not affect your regular key bindings, but the Jamba-Macro key will take precedence over your regular key bindings.

Variable Sets

The macro above with its variables cannot be used by wow. The variables need to be substituted with a real player and a proper spell name. As with macro sets, you can make variable sets. Variable set names cannot have spaces in them.

Variables

Each variable set contains one or more variables. Each variable has a name and a value. The variable names should match up to the variables in your macros. The variable values are real values. For the example,

player2 = Sairam
    spellheal = Flash Heal

You can use a tag in place of a variable - for instance the master tag #master#, will replace itself with the name of the current Jamba master.

In case of conflict, the tag value will override the variable value.

If you use a tag that has more the one character associated with it, the tag will be replaced with the first character name the tag system finds.

Variable Tag

Only characters with this tag will enable this variable. You can have the same variable several times, each with its own tag.

Putting it all together

I'm going to make 1 macro set with 1 macro in it.

My macro set is called: heals

My 1 macro in this set is as follows: /cast [target=#player2#] #spellheal# (this macro is bound to key F2)

I have 2 variable sets; 1 called normal and the other called pug

normal variable set has these values:
    player2 = Sairam
    spellheal = Greater Heal

pug variable set has these values:
    player2 = Bob
    spellheal = Flash Heal

Using the macros

The format of the command is (and should only be run out of combat):

/jamba-macro use <macro set name> <variable set name> <tag>

So to use my macro with the normal variable set I type

/jamba-macro use heals normal

Now when I press F2 I cast Greater Heal on Sairam.

Now I type

/jamba-macro use heals pug

and when I press F2 this time I cast Flash Heal on Bob.

Using the macros with /click

You can /click any macro, by prefixing the macroname with JMB_

e.g. /click JMB_

Notes

At the moment you can only use key binds to cast macros. I am thinking about allowing /click macro name, but this method would take up more resources as I could not recycle frames easily. Let me know if you would like to /click the macro names.

You can try /click JambaMacroFrame1, /click JambaMacroFrame2, etc. but every time you use a macro set, the buttons get recycled and there is no guarantee you will get the same macro again with that button.

You can have as many macros, variables, macro sets and variable sets as you like. Remember each macro set can have a lot of macros in it (not just the one as in my example).

Some screenshots of the UI

Let me know what you think...
    Last edited by Jafula : 11-12-2009 at 03:50 PM Reason: Title changed...
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

wow, this looks really cool. I'm not too sure if I actually need this at the moment. It looks pretty easy to set-up though.

I'm currently going to try out Jamba dev first, when I get used to that a little bit I'll have a go with this one. Thanks for your hard work
    Executus - EU Alliance
    1x Prot Paladin + 4 Shamans

Could this not be used to set up another option for FTL? I know you state that the variable should be set out of combat, but if they could be performed in combat then a single macro bound to changing the leader variable (like you would with focus based but without actually using focus, to free it up for targetting purposes).
    Darkerdecay - 80 DK, Spadoodle - 80 Priest, Fierykitten - 80 Mage, Smïtten - 80 Pally, Boofey - 80 Druid (Caelestrasz)
    Oogajigga, Oogajagga, Oogajogga & Oogajugga ~ Troll Shaman (Caelestrasz)

not sure what i'm doing wrong but could not get the macro stuff to show up in game. not sure if i'm just not putting the files from the Jamba-Macro 0.5 in the right place or what? but dose look very useful. been working on 2 new teams so was going to give it a try building macros for them

Quote Originally Posted by OogaJiggaWooga View Post
    Could this not be used to set up another option for FTL? I know you state that the variable should be set out of combat, but if they could be performed in combat then a single macro bound to changing the leader variable (like you would with focus based but without actually using focus, to free it up for targetting purposes).
    Blizzard will not let addons change macros during combat, so while a nice idea, unfortunately its not going to happen in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by leroyreborn View Post
    not sure what i'm doing wrong but could not get the macro stuff to show up in game. not sure if i'm just not putting the files from the Jamba-Macro 0.5 in the right place or what? but dose look very useful. been working on 2 new teams so was going to give it a try building macros for them
    Jamba-Macro will only show up if you have the Jamba-Dev I linked to in the first post installed as well. To access the screens you need type /jamba-macro.
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderu View Post
    wow, this looks really cool. I'm not too sure if I actually need this at the moment. It looks pretty easy to set-up though.

I'm currently going to try out Jamba dev first, when I get used to that a little bit I'll have a go with this one. Thanks for your hard work
    Heh, thanks, I've been meaning to write this for a while; and I'm slowly working out all the ways I can use it!
    Jafula.

OK reading it - it sounds cool. What I might use it for is setting up new teams.

I use 5 macros bound F8 - F12. These are also linked to my PiP Swapping in Keyclone. All my characters make F8 set my focus to my main, and used to do a /jamba-master Slats but they are all broken now since JambaDev.

I'd love to be able to do something like have my macro set where I can copy it, change the names of the mains and the slaves and then push them out to my clones so I dont have to setup macros on all my characters or waste bars slots. Also my big button which accepts trades, group invites, rez,s etc if I could instantly have those all setup on every new team using macro sets somehow.

I guess if I could write a macro like

/focus MASTER
    /focus CLONE1
    etc

And then when I built my teams in Jamba I could tag the various masters, and the various clone 1's. Then when I deployed a macro set it would simpley populate the macros with who was online in those slots at the time.

That way if I want to swap my Pally for say a DK, everyones macros continue to function, my big buttons continue to function, etc and I have very little setup to do to get a team working other than adding them into the pool of availible characters and tag what function they perform.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I hope it does.

Ah, my bad, the current Jamba-Dev and Jamba-Macro are incompatible as I discovered trying to set it up on a different computer than my development box. That'll be why nothing works. I'll put the fix out with Jamba Dev Update 8.
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Slats View Post
    OK reading it - it sounds cool. What I might use it for is setting up new teams.

I use 5 macros bound F8 - F12. These are also linked to my PiP Swapping in Keyclone. All my characters make F8 set my focus to my main, and used to do a /jamba-master Slats but they are all broken now since JambaDev.
    Ah, the setmaster thing, I think I changed it for some reason. Try

/jamba-team iammaster <tag>

Quote Originally Posted by Slats View Post
    I'd love to be able to do something like have my macro set where I can copy it, change the names of the mains and the slaves and then push them out to my clones so I dont have to setup macros on all my characters or waste bars slots. Also my big button which accepts trades, group invites, rez,s etc if I could instantly have those all setup on every new team using macro sets somehow.

I guess if I could write a macro like

/focus MASTER
    /focus CLONE1
    etc

And then when I built my teams in Jamba I could tag the various masters, and the various clone 1's. Then when I deployed a macro set it would simpley populate the macros with who was online in those slots at the time.

That way if I want to swap my Pally for say a DK, everyones macros continue to function, my big buttons continue to function, etc and I have very little setup to do to get a team working other than adding them into the pool of availible characters and tag what function they perform.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I hope it does.
    This is definitely doable. At the moment, Jamba-Macro does not use character tags, but I will change it to process them.

If a tag is available on a character that is the same as a variable name, the tag will take priority over the variable (if there even is a variable with the same name). If more than one toon has the same tag, one of those toons will get put in the macro, but the other will not.

The great thing about Jamba 0.5 is that the master tag follows the Jamba master and is unique across all the toons.

This update that uses tags will come out with Jamba-Dev 0.5 Update 8. Look foward to our feedback once you have had a chance to play with it.
    Jafula.

Some changes in with Jamba-Dev Update 8.

Can now:

/click JMB_macroname where macroname is the name of a maco
    use tags as variable replacements - i.e. #master# for the character with the jamba master tag.
    macros now have a tag and only characters with the same tag will enable the macro.
    will now check that names are only made up of letters and numbers.
    Jafula.