Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Isboxer SWTOR Files for Tutorials

There are multiple tutorials on this site for setting up Swtor. Many of them do it different ways. I suggest anyone who put together a tutorial post their Isboxer file in the tutorial. Any personal information can be removed or you can even setup a demo file with demo characters. Being able to look at the file and see how stuff works is much easier than trying to decipher everything put into a thread. Mosg did this with his tutorial and it really helped me understand his setup.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Actually, several of us have already uploaded our .XML files...

Personally, knowing that the search function isnt really utilized as it should be, I would instead just recommend someone to sticky a thread of all the different guide links in one post.... problem solved.

Finding anything of relevance with the search feature is like finding a needle in a hay stack. Not to mention the only way I can post something is using an alternate browser because IE crashes when you try to post. It would be much easier if their was a sticky thread with links to the posters tutorial and isboxer file. It would be much easier for people to find setup tutorials rather than scrolling page by page.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I think one major problem is that there a no macros in-game so IsBoxer setup depends a lot on the classes which are played. My setup for sniper+sniper+merc is very different to powertech + 3 sorcs.
    Things that can be generalized are mentioned in these threads:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...PS-SWTOR-setup
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...g-Party-Frames
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...an-SWTOR-setup

Step 1 - An eager beaver steps up and seeks out all of the useful guides and links pertaining to a particular topic.
    Step 2 - This motivated individual then creates a legible and nicely formatted post with said information.
    Step 3 - Once the thread is created, report the post as a potential sticky to get it faster exposure.
    Step 4 - A mod will sticky the post.
    Step 5 - ??????
    Step 6 - Profit

I'll see if I can put something together. If someone else beats me to it, that's cool to. It'll just be an index of all the usefull guides and setups. Nothing fancy.