Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Mechanar: Totem of the Void Farming [4xShaman]

Are the two mini-bosses in Mech that have keys for the Cache of the Legion able to be tanked with a multi-shammy team? Am I going to need to get a real tank, or will a couple earth elementals be OK? I'm trying to schedule some time with my tanking buddy and don't know whether I should use him in Mech to equip my team with the TotVs, or if I can do it on my own later on.

Anyone have any success here with 4x/5xShammies?
    Cranky old-timer.

Maybe Ellay will chime in here, but my focus is going to be PvP/Arena, and I want the TotVs so that I can increase my EM+NS+Trinket+Racial+CL burst damage as well as increase my pew-pew-ingness on LB spam. I don't want the skycall totem proccing randomly either and disrupting my everyone-at-once casting ability.
    Cranky old-timer.

I dunno about the math on them, but if your not running heroics yet then it's the way to go, I had no problem with the mini bosses with my 5 shamans, just let your EE tank the boss with the hammer and stand back back a bit and you can just dps and heal the guy with the blade... I think it took me 9 runs to get 4 of them

The first miniboss is easy, I think I use only 1 earth elemental (I have 5 shammy though). The second one is kinda a bitch though, make sure to purge shadow power (well do the same for the first one too) and move away when he raises his arms. At that point your earth elemental will probably be killed so lay another one down when he drops his arms. I say wait till after Arm Raise to drop fire elemental totems which will really help if one of your guys has died. You should probably be able to do it with 4.
    Tamas, Inirra, Jamac, Cereixa, Tetria

http://www.youtube.com/tetriaeiou

Had a fraps from when I ran this in normal about a month ago, just uploaded it for you =). I ran about 20 runs for 5 totems. I knew beforehand that it would take alot of time, so I was trying to keep the time low. This particular run was about 13-14 minutes, but I got down to around 11 minutes pr run on the fastest clears. It still took around 5-6 hours of hard running to get all 5.

http://files.filefront.com/Totemofth.../fileinfo.html
    WTF? RUN! Wow Multiboxing Blog

I just found this on thottbot and I agree with it 100%

-------------------------

Even before you start crunching statistics, think of the situation and what the totems could do or fail to do. Higher raw dps is not always best in all situations.

I think this item is most useful for medium length fights where higher dps is more useful than high damage-per-mana (ie. 5 man instances and raid trash). Especially when you have time to drink between fights. This is where the statistical analysis will determine which totem to use according to the rest of your gear.

On the short fights (regular quest mobs and most PVP) the proc will probably not trigger early enough to help before the fight is over. Spell damage totem is probably best here since it is boosting every cast.

Long fights (raid bosses) might be better served with increased spell damage so that you get more boom for each cast or reduced-mana-cost totem where you get more casts. Spell haste does no good if you go OOM when the boss is half dead. Spell haste is good at dumping mana and pulling aggro.

I recommend keeping an assortment of totems for different circumstances.

----------------------

my shammy team tends to take down trash very quickly and there's a good chance I'd be wasting the spellhaste when it procs near the end of a fight. When I have the badges to spare I might buy em to use on longer boss fights.

I would suggest going for the Totem of the Void, your damage for PvP is mostly all about the burst not sustained damage which the badge item is for. I also use the TotV in PvE but that's just because I like all my characters to have the same exact cast time
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz