Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default What you guys Suggest?

Never thought about this until today.

I got my 4 Shamans currently there set up to do the following.

Toon1 Earth Shock
    Toon2 Earth Shock
    Toon3 Earth Shock
    Toon4 Earth Shock

I was thinking would it be good to just do the.

Toon1 Earth Shock
    Toon2 Flame Shock
    Toon3 Frost Shock
    Toon4 Frost Shock

What do you think would be dmg wise. Or more better in say PVP
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

A couple thoughts:

* You can use Earth Shock all at once for a single interrupt and/or instant DPS. Nothing shocking here. (ok, bad pun)

* You can put Earth Shock on round-robin in keyclone or use a /castsequence macro so that you can spam interrupts on someone by repeatedly mashing a single button.

* You can mix shocks as you suggest.

My personal strategy is 3 buttons:
    1.) 4xEarth Shock simultaneously
    2.) 2xEarth Shock, 1x Flame Shock, 1x Frost Shock simultaneously (Get an interrupt, a snare, and a DoT all at once)
    3.) Earth Shock Round Robin

I might consider subbing in a frost shock to 1.) above, simply for the utility of it.

"More better" for PvP depends on who you're fighting and where (and how many opponents, etc). 4x Earth Shock is a good combo with LB+CL for a finishing move, but only against 1 person. I don't like having my shocks all on cooldown if there's other active players nearby that I might want to interrupt. 2.) has same problem, but at least there's some utility or versatility-- doesn't matter who the opponent is, the all-shock treatment has something for everyone.

#3 is probably most useful for PvP (particularly if you combine it with Vyndree's grounding totem spam /castsequence). You can emulate #1 by mashing the key over and over quickly as well.
    Cranky old-timer.

because i have a druid ive got moonspam set to my shock key and that covers my dot. Ive got double frost shock and double earth shock just to cover a resist easy and simple and 1 key to worry about
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]

Thanks guys. When I read this today at work I was like damn Round Robin. I did not fully understand it seeing I have not tried to mess with it. I called ROB and he explained it to me, and wow I have been missing out. But thanks again guys.
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

I do the same as Boylston's buttons 2 & 3.

Instead of a keyclone round robin for button 3 I use the /castsequense with a , thing thats better explained in the macro codex thread.
    1Priest, 4Mages Qyx, Kwix, Aquix, Cquix, Quixar // 5 Shammies, Quixs, Quixas, Quixbs, Quixcs, Quixds // Quix Inc (Gurubashi PVP)