Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Threaded View

Default [Jamba] Changing Follow Strobing on the fly.

I run a 5 x Paladin team, which was originally 1x Prot and 4x Ret. With raiding options opening up to me, given the large number of 5-boxers on my realm, I've converted the last Ret to Holy. This has necessitated some changes to the way I run the team.

Firstly, I've now managed to build the ISboxer routines to allow me to get the Holy to drop out of Jamba Follow Strobing on the click of a key this way:

1. Add a "Holy" tag to the Holy Paladin in Jamba.

2. ISBoxer Keymap: Follow Strobe Holy Toggle
    Step 1:
    ...Wow Macro Action: ./jamba-follow strobeoff Holy
    ....Popup Text -> self "Holy Follow Strobe OFF"
    ....KeyAction "S" -> HolyPaladin (s is configured as the "move back" key on all my followers)
    Step 2:
    ....Popup Text -> self "Holy Follow Strobe ON"
    ....Keymap Follow/JambaStrobe (turning strobing for all back on)

So, that's working fine. I hit the Keymaps key (Ctrl-A) and the Holy Paladin stops dead in his tracks, and breaks away from the Follow Strobing, allowing him to stay out of all the melee stuff while he heals the team.

What I want to do is build a Keymap that allows me to toggle the Rets Follow Master between the Prot and the Holy Paladins. The thinking behind this is that by having this key handy, it will allow me to clear the Rets out of damaging AoE/cleaves etc as they'll go running to the Holy Paladin which I'll have parked some safe distance away. When I want them to run back in again I want to toggle the Follow Master back to the Holy.

However I try it though, it just doesn't work.

What I tried (last) was the following:

1. Define a "Rets" tag in Jamba, and add all 3 Rets to it, on all 5 toons.

2. Define a keymap which issued "/jamba-follow setmaster HolyPaladin Rets" (HolyPaladin being the toon name, Rets being the tag).

3. Define a second step to the keymap which resets the follow master back to the Prot.

Whatever I try seems to have no effect and I can't seem to find much by way of documentation on exactly how the tags work, as well as the various /jamba-follow command options.

For example, what's the difference between "/jamba-follow master <tag>", "/jamba-follow setmaster <name> <tag>" commands? What for example is the difference between the "strobeon" and "strobeonme" options?

If there's detailed documentation somewhere that I've missed then I'm happy to go combing through it, as I don't like to occupy cycles in the room here asking questions which might already have answers, but so far I can't really find any.

I've tried using all the various follow commands, playing around with the windows they're sent to, whether or not FTL assignments were used or not, (still can't find doco on whether doubling up on "Ctrl-Shift-Alt-F11" as the key combo is an issue or not, but that's an ISBoxer thing) but at this point nothing seems to work.
    Last edited by OzPhoenix : 08-08-2010 at 10:30 AM
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.