Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Auto-quest functions via Jamba question

There's a thread on the WOW CSF forums discussing dual-boxing, and the issue of auto-looting and auto-quest accepting is brought up.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01820400&sid=1

Some of the regulars there are saying that auto acceptance and turn in of quests is not allowed.

If so, is the auto-quest functions of Jamba not allowed?

I recently started using Jamba, and I love it, I would hate it if we should'nt use it. Anyone?
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

Working as intended
    Gurb Fan Club:
    #1 Fan - Zenthor

I'd say its a grey area, likely technically falling in to the category of automation.

That said, I don't think anyone's about to get the ban hammer dropped on them for auto-accepting quests. Auto-looting? Still doubtful. Bottom line, Jamba's been out for a while (though I personally don't use it), so at this point I'd say its more or less acceptable until someone official drops the word on "don't do it".

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bigfish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=191537#post 191537
    I'd say its a grey area, likely technically falling in to the category of automation.

That said, I don't think anyone's about to get the ban hammer dropped on them for auto-accepting quests. Auto-looting? Still doubtful. Bottom line, Jamba's been out for a while (though I personally don't use it), so at this point I'd say its more or less acceptable until someone official drops the word on "don't do it".
    Mmmph. I don't like "grey areas", or talking chances, when it comes to my accounts.

I've been thinking about redoing my UI, I may drop it unless I get an official thumbs up.

As the author of Jamba, my opinion is as follows.

If a WoW api function is not protected, it is fair game to be able to use it in an addon such as Jamba. If a WoW api function is protected, an addon cannot use that function. Blizzard have protected some functions and these include the looting functions. However, the majority of the quest functions are not protected and therefore can be used in an addon.

However, if someone made an addon that was malicious (spammed players, caused problems), then it would violate the terms of service and if you used it you could get in trouble. I don't believe that using Jamba-Quest on your own characters/accounts falls into this category.

I have been using the quest accepting part of Jamba for the last 8 months...

Thats the end of my opinion. Please note, I suggest you make up your own mind as to whether you use Jamba or not. You need to be comfortable with it... Here's a quote from from Slouken (Blizzard poster) regarding addons:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...geNo=1&sid=1#8

“Nobody is being banned. One of the first things GMs do after a new patch is recommend that people disable addons, because they often cause problems if not properly updated. With the exception of cross-faction communication addons and malicious addons, if it works, it's okay to run”

“Remember that if there is a separate program running while WoW is running, that watches or interacts with the game, then that is against the ToS, but addons without any executables are fine”
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Jafula',index.php?page=Thread&postID=191593#post1 91593
    “Remember that if there is a separate program running while WoW is running, that watches or interacts with the game, then that is against the ToS, but addons without any executables are fine”
    No take backs!
    Server - Nathrezim
    Alliance

We had auto quest completers before BC came out. I remember using it to turn in my timbermaw rep items. There has never been an issue with auto accepting quests via an addon because you still have to click the npc first before the addon took over.

Remember when people ran auction house bots? They stopped that by making the buy auction action protected. If they don't want us auto-completing something, they will make it protected.

Edit:I wouldn't doubt that part of the weekly maintenance is a count of what api functions have been used and frequency of use. They have to know the function is being used.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Just thought I ought to chime back in: I fully support Jamba's opinion and the Blue post stating if its not malicious, its probably ok. No one's been busted for using Jamba, and no one likely will.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bigfish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=191631#post 191631
    Just thought I ought to chime back in: I fully support Jamba's opinion and the Blue post stating if its not malicious, its probably ok. No one's been busted for using Jamba, and no one likely will.
    For the record, I think that the posters in the thread I linked are mistaken about the quest acceptance issue, but I'm just being paranoid, so ignore me if you want. I agree, seeing the blue post makes me feel much more comfortable.

Jafula - I honestly did'nt know you posted here, very cool. THANK YOU for the work you've done, I love it.