Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Watchmen (2009)

Default Watchmen (2009)

Edited by Svpernova09

I thought watchmen was pretty good, I hadn't read the graphic novel in years, but I was happy with the movie. The wife (who has never heard of the watchmen before) even liked the movie.

Bots that post in the right sections?

What is the world coming too. :<
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

*hangs head and sighs*
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Default Worst movie ever

My thoughts simply on Watchers is it was the worst movie I have seen in a very long time.

Default RE: Worst movie ever

Quote Originally Posted by 'adimas',index.php?page=Thread&postID=185142#post1 85142
    My thoughts simply on Watchers is it was the worst movie I have seen in a very long time.
    But were you a fan of the novel? From the people I've talked to, a lot hated it cause they didn't understand things because they didn't know anything about the novel, they just went in and saw it thinking it was gonna be all superman and spiderman.

I read the novel a few months back and I was really excited about the movie. I ended up liking the movie as well. If I hadn't read the novel I probably would have been confused with stuff like the Keene Act and the Minutemen. They really glossed over those subjects.
    Dual-boxer on Earthen Ring (US)
    80 - Tombs (DK)/ Araze (Ret Paladin)
    65 - Meleinia (Mage)/ Celin (Spriest)

rachel ray was pimping this movie this morning. wonder if shes a secret comic nerd...
    Bot (80 Paladin) / Carfire (80 Shaman)
    Alliance, Madoran US

Svpernova09

Reply,, I did not know the comic so coming from that stand point I didnt know what to expect. But I didnt expect an awesome movie or something like that. I went to the movie with an open mind thinking it could be bad or good trying not to have any premade judgements. The whole blood extreme and the kid scene or the attempted rape scene with sever detail to him and his motions I guess got me.

My review is from a person that did not know anything about the comic and just wanted to see a good movie nothing more nothing less.

Adimos

Btw I am new to Dual boxing . com and have found the information and postings here from the people of this community very helpful with my new 5 boxing exploration.

I have a 80 dk with a 70 shaman so far, I am leveling 3 more shamans to finish the group.

80 dk adimos
    70 hunter mokanna
    70 hunter windee
    70 shaman otook
    69 priest healzor

on Suramar server

Have started a guild called techlords for boxers on suramar if anyone is a boxer or would like an invite let me know .

Have a great day

My GF and I both liked it, but I am really really hesitant to recommend it to anyone. It's gore level is pretty sick and I wonder if that reflects on me when I recommend it. Anyways I have never read the book, but my friend told me that basically the watchmen are not heroes in the truest sense. I kept that in mind and most of what I saw I understood. Now Dr Manhattan, aka the swinging penis... well it was funny how quiet the theatre got when he was onscreen, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=185205#p ost185205
    Now Dr Manhattan, aka the swinging penis... well it was funny how quiet the theatre got when he was onscreen, lol.
    That was the part my wife complained about the most. Overall she liked the movie, not knowing anything about it. I though it did a fair job of bringing the graphic novel to the big screen.

Re: the gore; I love Dr Manhattan's human explosions ... *splat*
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.