Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Rated Arena Member

Default What Shaman Glyphs do you use and Why

Perhaps Im using the wrong stuff I just dont know.. I would like to know what yall are using
    Here is what Im using and why

1) Chain Lightning (Hits an addition Target...Not sure about this one)
    2)Flame Shock (More DPS love it )
    3) Fire elemental (Love having these on a 10 min CD They are up Every boss fight)
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

I don't use fire elementals ever - they do fairly bad damage and after 3.0.8 magma totem probably does as much or more.

I use the healing stream totem glyph - 4 of these out with the glyph give massive HP - I think mine tick now for around 225 each so thats what, 900 hp every 2 seconds for my entire team?

I use the flameshock glyph - no brainer.

I also use the lava glyph +10% spellpower to lava burst - still not sure if I should change this out with the LB glyph or not.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

those aren't very good glyphs. chain lightning is never going to be a big component of your DPS, due to the cooldown. Fire elementals look nice but are crap as far as damage is considered. The 3 glyphs DPS shamans should use in PVE are:

- flame shock : keep flame shock on target even when lava burst is cast (so its always on 18 seconds, and you can apply lava burst a few times without having to re-apply flame shock)

- lightning bolt : 4% extra dmg to LB, LB is still a huge chunk of most ele shamans PVE dmg

- lava burst or flametongue: someone actually did some calcs and showed lava burst is slightly better than flametongue, but the difference is extremely minor and may be very gear dependent, so either one imo works. I actually use flametongue on my ele shamans since I only run with 2 and have a resto shaman/mage, so having the party crit buff always up is more helpful to me than a little extra damage from lava burst.

This is not true for PVP btw, its a slightly different set (earth shock, flame shock, dunno what 3d would be - chain lightning perhaps?)

As Hachoo points out, if you run 5x ele healing stream may also be ok, but the upgrade from reg to glyph'd heal stream is very minor and imo not worth it at all (I think you go from 180 to 220 or so per tick? Is 40x5 extra HP per tick worth it?)

Chain Heal, Water Mastery, Earthliving Weapon, Water shield, Water breathing, and water walking.

Because he's resto and I hate carrying around fish oil and shiny scales.

Rated Arena Member

/Cry good points on the Fire elemental (Gonna miss not seeing his shiny face out @ random times lol)

Looks like Ill pick up Lava and Lightning..

I do however really REALLY like the idea of the healing stream just cause its less OMG stop to heal time Especially on a DK lol IDK ill play around and see what it does I suppose Glyphs are stupid cheap on my server.
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

don't forget they changed glyph of renewed life, it now lets you ankh up without needing ankh. I put it on all my shamans, no more forgetting to buy ankhs... ever!

on my resto shaman i have lesser heal wave, water mastery, and chain heal (and renewed life, water breathing, and water shield minors). lhw glyph is huge, if you always earth shield your tank with it you can basically spam LHWs for the same as heal waves. My lhw's hit my pally for 6-10k,I don't think i've ever cast a healing wave in heroics. chain heal glyph is also awesome for multiboxers, extra bounce for chain heal means your resto shaman can spam chain heal to hit the whole group.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hachoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=171607#post1 71607
    I don't use fire elementals ever - they do fairly bad damage and after 3.0.8 magma totem probably does as much or more.

I use the healing stream totem glyph - 4 of these out with the glyph give massive HP - I think mine tick now for around 225 each so thats what, 900 hp every 2 seconds for my entire team?

I use the flameshock glyph - no brainer.

I also use the lava glyph +10% spellpower to lava burst - still not sure if I should change this out with the LB glyph or not.
    Healing Totems still stack?
    The last thing the enemy will see is my Muzzle Flash of Freedom!

Er...yes, they've always stacked, the only thing that changed in regards to that is that mana spring now stacks (it didn't pre 3.0). So now in each fight I decide whether to use 4x healing stream or 4x mana spring.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

Elemental Oath lasts for 15 seconds after a crit. Lava burst has an 8 second cd so on the odd chance that both your shammies miss with it, in another 8 seconds you can cast again (so 8 seconds plus 1.5 second cast - both miss - 8 seconds plus 1.5 second cast - EO back up again) 19 seconds after the buff cd starts to when it gets refreshed so that's 4 seconds that EO won't be up, which you reduce to 2.5 seconds because 1.5 seconds is used casting the lvb after the miss which you know is going to crit. I didn't include travel time because the travel time at the end is cancelled out by the travel time of the first cast. And I didn't consider haste, which means 2.5 seconds is a worse case scenario.

Now, if you happen to miss with both lvbs both times, well, it's just not your day and 2% crit isn't going to do anything for you haha.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer