Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14
    Rated Arena Member

Default Want to level a DK Tank. (Should I just box 5 or solo him for faster results?)

Exactly what the title states, what do you think?
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

Solo is the fastest way to go since you only get RAF for 5 levels.

Outlands and northernend is done WAY faster solo... Well atleast northernend since your stuck with tons of pickup quests in chains wich forces you to do them.
    Northrend Dungeon Hero - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/129...1109203942.jpg
    PvP incomming in 3.1

keep your mains in the area, just in case you need them for the group quests (elites) or if the opposite faction is camping you. Solo I have found is by far faster if you are only leveling one character. Buy one of those BoA shoulder items for the +10% exp, all my druids/dks/rogue have them... now if I could just get off my butt to level them.

solo, i had my dk up and running in 3 days.
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

If you have a healer then have the healer not group with the dk and just have it follow dk. I was lucky i had a 60 healer so when i got my dk to 60 i just grouped with the 60 for outland quests and it was a joke. The dk gear is so op for outland, i think i only upgraded 3 things and that was it. Have a healer with you means no down time. DK is sort of like a warrior with rage bar, the less down time the better. So if you have a 60 alt healer then group (think it took me 3 x 6 hour days to get 60-70). If the healer is 70 when just follow and spam heals when the dk needs it.
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80

I disagree with the solo statement. Most of your XP will be from questing. Heres what I would do:

Start 1 DK - level him out of the starting area. Grab your 4 shamans, group them with your DK with the DK as the master, in the same way you'd use your normal tank.

Now, just plow through quests like mad. You can do ALL quests easily, since you're only collecting items on your DK, etc. Do not do instances (since you have 4 80s it will be the worst XP you can get).

I did this with my DK and I was able to get 1 level every 1.5 hours in outland. (This is averaged - faster from 60+ and slower towards 70). In northrend I would do the same thing, but maybe run 1-2 instances while leveling just to get used to tanking with the DK.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

I think thats the strat I'm going to use, but instead I'm going to group with my mage and resto shaman. More than 1-2 extra is kind of overkill and more time wasted with making sure nobody wanders off during follows. DKs have a similar ability to Paladins crusader aura, correct? If not I might replace the resto shammy with the pally for 30% extra mount speed buff.

I really, really need to get my DK out of the starting zone

It depends on what level characters you have available. Here's what I've been doing...

I leveled my DK with the starter quests up to 58, then have been running him through Mana Tombs with my 4xShaman team (who is level 71-72ish). Mana Tombs is super fast and the mobs are still green to the low 70s shammies, so the XP for the DK is pretty darn decent. With full rested, it took me about an hour/level to level the DK from 58-62. Every week or so, I grab the DK a level, then put him back at the inn to accumulate more rest XP.

This won't work if your team is L80, but if you have an alt team of low 70s, you can probably farm BC instances with them and help powerlevel the DK along. Bonus: my shammies slowly level as well from the runs...
    Cranky old-timer.

Rated Arena Member

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166511#p ost166511
    keep your mains in the area, just in case you need them for the group quests (elites) or if the opposite faction is camping you. Solo I have found is by far faster if you are only leveling one character. Buy one of those BoA shoulder items for the +10% exp, all my druids/dks/rogue have them... now if I could just get off my butt to level them.
    I forgot about this I should really look at getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Niley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=166518#post16 6518
    solo, i had my dk up and running in 3 days.
    What spec did you use to level??
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

If you know you will never want a dk on the other accounts definitely go solo and as mentioned keep your main in the area for the group quests. If there is a possibility you may at some point want a dk on the other accounts you might as well do all 5 of them. 5 dk wreck pretty much everything in a global cool down and a few seconds for elites. With the changes to the xp rate in the old world and BC you can skip all collection quests and still have plenty of xp to get you to northrend, I'm actually looking at staying in outland to 71 so I can skip some of the many northrend chains that have collection quests, horrible collection quests even.
    glo.......80 Prot Pal.....deathglo....80 DK..................
    globee...80 Ele Sham...deafvader..80 DK....Alliance side..
    glocee...80 Ele Sham...darfvader...80 DK...LightningHoof..
    glodee...80 Ele Sham...sithknight..80 DK.......................
    glostyle..80 Res Sham..deathvader.80 DK........................