Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Hey all you frame rate guru's! :) poor fps 4 boxing(vista)PLEASE HELP!

Hello all! first to say, i'm fairly new to the community but i'm loving it so far! Everyone on my server that's into boxing has been super helpful =) so a BIG thanks to everyone!

So after browsing several threads, and not wanting to hijack any for help with my own simple problem i decided i'd just start a new one

I'm running an intel box from bestbuy lol: intel duocore, 1.86 ghz 32 bit vista with 4 gigs of ram and a 7600gs and fourboxing with dual monitors, one 22 inch hp w2207, and one 19inch hp w1907

i run 3 clients on the 19 inch and my main on my 22 inch monitor, setup as dual view monitor setting(because horizontal span isn't around and i dont understand it even if it were) ;(

the problem i'm having is poor frame rate, and i'm not sure why... every window of wow open is set to its lowest settings with all the"best performance" options checked, and i still get crap fps, around 7-22 on the main screen (resolutions at 1680,1050 on the main monitor22 inch, and 1440,900 on the smaller window with maximizer busting up the wow screens even smaller) i checked my performance in the task manager, and it seems my pc usage is around 60% or so, but my ram is using at close to 2.93 of the 4 gigs. i also use a 4 gig flash drive for ready boost in vista as well, but not sure how this factors in on boxing lol ***edit: during combat, especially in instancing and when i aoe, my fps on my main drops so terribly low that he can hardly tank!*** could it be i have to set both monitors to the same resolution, or turn down the main monitor resolution? /shrug

anyone whose really clever with vista, cpu settings, or just general info that could help me out to improve my framerate(windows xp is not an option as the computer was loaded with vista )? i've got my console max and mins set properly like i should have in maximizer, and i've tried several small tweaks but nothings working!!

I'm hoping theres some sort of software/freeware/settings that can be applied as money's tight right now just bought a new car and an old house hehe :thumbsup: Thanks in advance!
    Ghonosyph - 70 druid full epix across the board retired and only used for boosting atm (on same account as ghonno)

theGHONcrew
    Ghonyes - paladin

1.....10.....20.....30.....43!

Ghonno, Ghonmaybe, Ghontoaster - mages

Fourboxing a tank and 3 dps makes looking for just a healer a logical choice!

Quote Originally Posted by 'the GHON Crew',index.php?page=Thread&postID=128457#post1284 57
    I'm running an intel box from bestbuy lol: intel duocore, 1.86 ghz 32 bit vista with 4 gigs of ram and a 7600gs and fourboxing with dual monitors
    This is the problem, i had that same video card before i got my 8800 and i had horrible fps when using 2 monitors, if i switched to 1 with 5 accounts it would be fine, but 2 monitors was just bad...

When i did get the 8800 there was a hugh improvement in fps, on my main i cut it off at 30 fps but he always gets it and the alts have every wow maxed out for video settings and they still get 5-15 depending on which zone i'm in.

hope that helps

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

ACK! lol not the answer i was hoping for due to cashflow... lol anyone wanna buy a mage knight or magic the gathering collection to fund my new graphics card? lol =) gonna try to smush all 4 screens on the bigger screen and see if that helps with frame rates /shrug lets hope its a quick fix till i can bust out some cash ! :love: :thumbup:
    Ghonosyph - 70 druid full epix across the board retired and only used for boosting atm (on same account as ghonno)

theGHONcrew
    Ghonyes - paladin

Try disabling the "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" service while you are running wow.

yeh try

/console maxfps 30
    /console maxfpsbk 3

?

And turn off the Aero interface for Vista as well. That helped me a lot.
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

solmar, question for you... lol what is that and how is it done? As for vista's aero feature, lol that craps been turned off since day one haha

Thanks for everyone's input, i've set all my maxfps with maximizer but is that enough or should i do it in game with the console commands as well?

hopefully my fix will work this evening, 9800gtx oc! gotta love good credit and best buy gift cards lol =)

will post more after i get it all up and running! THANKS AGAIN! <3

theGHONcrew
    Ghonyes - paladin

So, wow... lol crazy how BIG this video card is, installed it, and i'm getting much better performance, still a little laggy but i'm thinking my next problem will be my power supply, 250 w just isn't gonna cut it i think lol, will be upgrading that soon. The service manager thinger i figured out after searching some in vista, thanks sol that helped a ton with having all these windows open... not sure why or what happened but it helps ! gonna play some and see how the new card does now, hopefully that was all i needed L thanks for the quick responses gang ! much love<3!!

theGHONcrew
    Ghonyes - paladin

Quote Originally Posted by 'the GHON Crew',index.php?page=Thread&postID=129049#post1290 49
    So, wow... lol crazy how BIG this video card is, installed it, and i'm getting much better performance, still a little laggy but i'm thinking my next problem will be my power supply, 250 w just isn't gonna cut it i think lol, will be upgrading that soon. The service manager thinger i figured out after searching some in vista, thanks sol that helped a ton with having all these windows open... not sure why or what happened but it helps ! gonna play some and see how the new card does now, hopefully that was all i needed L thanks for the quick responses gang ! much love<3!!
    No problem, the reason it helps is because that service is what causes the window popups on the start bar when you hover over a window. It sits there and for every application you have open renders the screen so that when you hover over it on the task bar you can see what it's currently doing.

The net result is that the service makes your video card work twice as hard when you are multiboxing.

thanks put in my new vid card, installed a new 650 watt power supply, added some internal fans and its a wonderful joy to play on my pc again lol =) still finding some buggs but i'll be working those out with some minor settings i played with.... one thing i noticed is, not all the graphics options are on all of my wow video settings its like they kinda just disappeared, tripple buffering, mouse cursor hardware option... kinda just vanished lol /shrug maybe i need to reinstall wow /sigh its always something lol

theGHONcrew
    Ghonyes - paladin