Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Race for New Shaman team---Troll vs Orc vs Tauren

Hello all...

After making 5 70's over the course of 2 years the old fashioned way(tedious)...I'm bording the RAF train. I'm planning on making a 5 Horde shaman team but I wondered which racials would be the most helpful. I'm currently leaning towards Troll for the racial haste buff(and not for there good looks), but if you have a good reason that i should go Orc or Tauren let me know.

Blog Entries

I would say, don't count Orcs out for PvE, the extra spell damage helps alot, but as you said Troll haste is nice as well, but with shamans, I personally prefer dmg over haste. For PvP may be interesting having 5 seperate war stomps... a 5v5 of taurens... named RoflStomp. Sexy
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com

Personally I chose 5 female orcs and haven't regretted my decision one bit. At 64 I get something like +130 spell damage with blood fury - combine that with my illidari trinket and I get like +255 total, makes a HUGE difference on boss fights - will be even better at 70. And the stun resist will be nice for pvp im sure also.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

I have a 70 troll resto shaman and I love the haste in arenas for healing making kick/stomp/etc much more difficult to land on a very fast lesser healing wave, but I have 5 26 orc ele shamans and the extra spell damage on bad pulls/etc just make the difference that haste wouldn't.

+ spell damage will help even more when mana is since haste will burn it faster.

I went with Orcs for blood fury and for the look. I had originally made a 5 tauren shaman team, but they look ridiculous, warstomp gets resisted and is on diminishing returns, and their HP buff is getting nerfed. Trolls I never really considered, but 10% haste just doesn't look good enough

With the upcoming racial changes I'd say Tauren or Troll. That voodoo shuffle is going to be sweet.

I have four female tauren shamans.

All my previous mains have been tauren males. I did originally roll a tauren male multibox, but I found it way too screamy, so I chose female taurens. Have not regretted it yet!

Note: One downside for going taurens tho. When bloodlusted, Taurens can not get into the horde towers in AV. =( They get stuck on the stairs. So, don't use bloodlust there. :P
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

The only thing i regret by not going male taurens would be the option to put them over the AV master and watch the griefing!
    Northrend Dungeon Hero - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/129...1109203942.jpg
    PvP incomming in 3.1

The larger Tauren avatars are hell to navigate as a multiboxer, especially inside AV towers and what-not. It's not an insignificant consideration.

Orcs are compact and easy to steer/follow. They also have some nice racials... Trolls definitely have a coolness factor (I have troll hunters), but for the shaman team, it was Orcs, no question.

Warstomp on round robin does NOT outweigh the downsides of dealing with the larger avatar, IMO...
    Cranky old-timer.

I still think that the orc racial is better than trolls or tauren. I think it is 140ish spell damage at level 70. My buddy started 5 boxing a couple days ago and he is going trolls. He is convinced that the haste is going to be better and better. With the recent addition of +haste items he might be on to something. I think +haste is wow's new and favorite stat.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf