Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default 3v3 experiences?

Hey I see a ton of topics about 5v5 but I rarely see any 3v3 come up.

I'm currently leveling a lock, mage, priest with ultimate goals of pvp and arena in mind.

Is there anyone out there with any experience with either this setup in pvp or in the 3v3 arenas in general?
    I'd really like to step up to the 5v5 but cost constraints are holding me back from buying another machine that would be required to run it at a fairly decent speed.
    Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Best wishes

3v3 means the other side will almost always have a healer. They're gonna CC one of your team, so basically it's 2 DPS vs. 1 healer, and you're going to have trouble killing anyone fast enough. You'll have more trouble since all your guys are squishy cloth wearers. You may have some fun in the arenas, and grab some arena-point-based gear over time, but I think it will be tough to be competitive. Occasionally, you'll hear the shaman folks talk about 3v3 some-- I've played some 3xShaman setups by myself in arena, with some small success (think 1625 rating), but it's a crapshoot and I'm not really competitive.

It's not that we don't talk about these adventures, it's just that most of us aren't very effective in 3v3, unfortunately.
    Cranky old-timer.

So for a competitive arena setup it seems the majority are 5 boxing shammys.

Why is the same setup not as effective for a 3v3 combo? Is it mostly because with the five shammy setup your shelling out enough burst damage to a single focused target to make them virtually ineffective or dead?

What would be some good arena strategy's with my current setup? I've gotten to the 1900's with my sl/sl lock (solo) and a disc priest and a frost specced mage seem like a good pairing despite the lack of melee is it possible

Quote Originally Posted by 'powpow',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118743#post1 18743
    So for a competitive arena setup it seems the majority are 5 boxing shammys.

Why is the same setup not as effective for a 3v3 combo? Is it mostly because with the five shammy setup your shelling out enough burst damage to a single focused target to make them virtually ineffective or dead?

What would be some good arena strategy's with my current setup? I've gotten to the 1900's with my sl/sl lock (solo) and a disc priest and a frost specced mage seem like a good pairing despite the lack of melee is it possible
    I tried 3v3 once.

I had much worse gear then now, but, I found cc teams to kill me with great ease.

RMx teams, RRx teams, RLD teams, etc. It doesn't work because you don't have the power to burst someone down before they can cc you to death.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by 'powpow',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118743#post1 18743

Why is the same setup not as effective for a 3v3 combo?
    it will be, when LB's got a MS debuff :P

Konnichiwa @ Grim Batol [EU][PvP]
    www.5konnichiwa.blogspot.com