Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default My RAF experiences so far.

I had two accounts, one with a 70 pally and one with a 70 lock. I bought 3 more accounts and started about 2 or 3 different groups of 5. Shamans, Hunters and last I did priests. I wanted to try getting them geared and using 4 of them with my pally. So I get to about level 20 on my priests and I decide I will just rush 4 of them through vc with my lock to complete the quest. I do, then swap out one of them for my pally and run the other one through.

Well all is said and done I have some stockades quests and figure I will just permanently swap out the one priest for my pally and let him start boosting the other 4 through. About two levels later I realize that only two of them are getting the RAF bonus. Since my pally is 70 he is not letting the two priests he referred get the bonus. (my locks account referred one)

I say screw it, being able to run an instance in a few minutes with my pally outweighs going through them real slow by playing 5 priests slowly. Well i was wrong. My two RAF priests are lvl 31 and my two non RAF priests are 24. They level soooo slowly.

Now im wondering what to do. Start over? Just mix my lvl 20 priest back in and hope over time the level difference evens out? Maybe use my lvl 34 warrior I have on that account? Maybe my lvl 32ish druid in tank form? What to do, what to do...

Default RE: My RAF experiences so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 'jdraughn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=114553#pos t114553
    I had two accounts, one with a 70 pally and one with a 70 lock. I bought 3 more accounts and started about 2 or 3 different groups of 5. Shamans, Hunters and last I did priests. I wanted to try getting them geared and using 4 of them with my pally. So I get to about level 20 on my priests and I decide I will just rush 4 of them through vc with my lock to complete the quest. I do, then swap out one of them for my pally and run the other one through.

Well all is said and done I have some stockades quests and figure I will just permanently swap out the one priest for my pally and let him start boosting the other 4 through. About two levels later I realize that only two of them are getting the RAF bonus. Since my pally is 70 he is not letting the two priests he referred get the bonus. (my locks account referred one)

I say screw it, being able to run an instance in a few minutes with my pally outweighs going through them real slow by playing 5 priests slowly. Well i was wrong. My two RAF priests are lvl 31 and my two non RAF priests are 24. They level soooo slowly.

Now im wondering what to do. Start over? Just mix my lvl 20 priest back in and hope over time the level difference evens out? Maybe use my lvl 34 warrior I have on that account? Maybe my lvl 32ish druid in tank form? What to do, what to do...
    Why not just let the lock run the lvl 24 priests back through the instances to catch them up, and sit out the lvl 31s? Also, always make sure all of the RAF accounts are together when you turn in quests, if they are out of range of each other you don't get the bonus, really sucks.

I personally find it a lot of fun to just roll a group from scratch and run them up the levels together.

They will level very fast without boosting even if they aren't a major DPS class like priests and you will get a lot of hands on experience playing the group effectively which is something you miss when you boost.

I wish you the best with what ever direction you take!
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

Blog Entries

Can you RAF gift levels to that priest? it sounds like you probably can.

Remember that RAF works on differences of only one level.

Remember that RAF works on differences of only one level.
    RAF works on up to 4 levels difference.

I just have 2 linked accounts. I have been playing to 10 then doing SFK to 20 then SM to 40 with an unlinked prot pally. One group I stopped at 30 and quested to 40. 2 mages did ~70k an hour doing STV 30-40. My other groups did about 130-140k an hour 30-40 in SM. My one group at 60 was mostly quested from 40-60. There are a couple of places where XP just flys by. Southern STV, Ungoro, WPL was sick. I also did cloth for a level and a half. I was set to do the WPL crap turn ins but the Cauldron quests ding'd me.

My overall plan is to get 4 groups of 2 to 60. 1 group is hunters which will go with 2 hunters I already have for a 4 hunter team. Then I have 2 mages, 2 shaman and warrior/druid. I plan on boosting 2 more shaman teams to 30 or 40 then gifting them to 60 to make a 4 shaman team. Then maybe doing the same for the mages or some druids. I have access* to 2 druids already, plus this one. So a 4th druid for a Boomkin of Doom team might be fun. The gift-a-level toons will be transferred around to even out the teams. My Pally is on an account all by herself, seperate from all the other teams which will be built around her.

*by have access to I mean they are on accounts in my name that my 2 minor daughters play, 1 each, that they do not share with each other but that I use. All within the rules, I know them, no lecture needed ty .