Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Several Macro Questions

Today i started duelboxing, and it seems to be a lot harder then i thought it would be. even tho its a lot of fun i have chosen 2 mages, since im just in love with them. im the first Duelboxer at my server atm. Bloodfeather Europe.
    but im stuck with a lot of Questions, mostly about macro's. so i fire them off rightaway:
    1. I would like to have a macro so i can Conjure water, and then drink it with the next click.
    2. Another macro i would like is to have sticky follow, i got the addon, two box toolkit, but it not seems to work.
    3. is there a macro that allows me loot? since now im switching computers all the time, wich is pretty anoying.

besides this all im still in min devolepment phase, so im learning still.
    i also got the problem im using 2 keyboards, still need to fix that 2. anyone has a solution to that?

greets Stingc!

thanks for reading, and answering

Great that you found duel boxing fun. Though I doubt you are the first on your server as a lot of people do this, they just don't call it dual boxing.

1) I doubt /castsequence will work as one is a /cast and the other is a /use. Look into the mod "Autobar" it lets you do this and allows you to assign a key to it.

2) Never heard of two box tool kit but follow is easy. Do as the man said above.

3) There are no looting macros and none are possible. Only suggestion I would make is turn on auto loot, this just takes all the stuff and puts in your bag AFTER you right click on the mob.

Now don't quote me on this but I think that will just create water everytime you push the button... i don't think it will ever get to the /use portion.

1. I would like to have a macro so i can Conjure water, and then drink it with the next click.
    This is an odd request to me. Personally, I would not tie these two activities together. I would conjure all of the water I would probably need for the session and then drink them throughout the session when needed. To macro the drinking part, type:

[code:1]/use Conjured Spring Water [/code:1](or whatever water your mage can create) Then drag the macro icon to a action bar and click on it. If you are dual boxing two casters and want them both to drink at the same time, create the exact same macro to both characters and then bind a key like F11 to the button where you placed the macro icon.

You can also just drag the conjured water from your bags onto an action bar, bind a key to it and just skip the macro all together.

2. Another macro i would like is to have sticky follow, i got the addon, two box toolkit, but it not seems to work.
    I've heard of the addon for sticky follow but I've read people saying that it's not quite worth it but nonetheless, if you need a macro for following a toon, you can use this:

[code:1]/Follow focus[/code:1]
    Using "focus" allows you to be more reactive to losing clones to death. You simply tell your party to focus on someone in the party and then click this macro and they will follow him.

or

[code:1]/Follow Party1[/code:1]
    This is a more conventional method. Copy this macro to all of the clones and they'll always follow the toon that created the party. Mind you, this isn't automatic. You must always click the macro to get them to follow but tying it to a key makes this pretty easy. I use the tilde ~ key since it's very close to the directional keys (W,A,S, & D).

3. is there a macro that allows me loot? since now im switching computers all the time, wich is pretty anoying.
    Select the "Auto Loot" option in the Standard Interface Settings and set your group to "Free For All". This way you only need to loot with one player. If your pain comes from having to loot quest items for each toon then welcome to our hell. :-)

haha thanks for the lovely reactions. the macro's are usefull and set now, but with this i come to another Question

i got /castrequence frostbolt (rank 1), Fireball (rank 1) but it doesn't reset every new mob i attack, how to do that?

now another problem, i got troll mages, with the racial 'bveserking'how to put that in the Castsequence, and how will it NOT trigger when its on CD, and still trigger Frostbolt, fireball

i made, /castsequence beserking, frostbolt, but then i can't click the macro, when beserking is at CD? how to solve that.

Great that you found duel boxing fun. Though I doubt you are the first on your server as a lot of people do this, they just don't call it dual boxing.
    i have been playing on this server for 2years now, not a singel duelboxer to find, (horde side) i might spam trade once. but yes its great fun. finally something new.

greets Stingc

Quote Originally Posted by stingc
    i got /castrequence frostbolt (rank 1), Fireball (rank 1) but it doesn't reset every new mob i attack, how to do that?
    /castsequence reset=combat/target/8 frostbolt (rank 1), Fireball, Fireball
    (casts frostbolt then two fireballs unless 8 seconds pass, you leave combat or you target something new)

now another problem, i got troll mages, with the racial 'bveserking'how to put that in the Castsequence, and how will it NOT trigger when its on CD, and still trigger Frostbolt, fireball

i made, /castsequence beserking, frostbolt, but then i can't click the macro, when beserking is at CD? how to solve that.
    /cast Berserking
    /stopcasting
    /use Vengeance of the Illidari <---- example of using a trinket
    /stopcasting
    /castsequence reset=combat/target frostbolt (rank 1), Fireball, Fireball
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Try:

/cast [button:2] conjure water; <water>

Replace <water> with the name of the water you are currently able to make. This way you can right click the button to make the water and left click (or press the key bound to the button) to drink the water.

thanks for the reactions, macro's are extreemly usefull .

i lvl'd quite fast, with just grinding and doing several Quests, i learned polymorph last night, and i know there is a macro for sheeping. i think with the button '2' i can sheep the target of party 1, and with CTRL+2 i resheep that same target. is there realy a macro for? i realy would like to know it
    (ofc i use 2 different buttons for sheeping per char.)

thanks in adventage.

Default Re: Several Macro Questions

im the first Duelboxer at my server atm. Bloodfeather Europe.
    Ive 2 boxed there, alliance and horde, never did meet any others though

I doubt you're the only one

ah nice to see some Bloodfeather (eu) ppl on this forum

you still duelboxing on bloodfeather?