Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Question Leveling from 12 to 18 [Alliance]

Hey guys,

So I started as a 2-man comp, to have a better time leveling my warrior (a pocket healer is always handy). But quite quickly the 5-box fever got back.

So now, I am trying to get 2 mages and a warlock to get to level 18 (my war & priest are at this level already). I have followed the FEDEX route so far, and am now at around 12.

What do you guys do from there to 18 ? FEDEX stops at my current level and I have looked at other sources like Hakurai, who suggests Darkshore then Loch & Redridge, but I am not really sure the route is not meant for solo in his guide...

Any advice or resource I could follow to fasten the process?

Many thanks !

There is a "hyper-spawn" in Westfall essentially West-North-West (WNW) from the Flight Master by the windmill on the cliffs above the coastline.

To find it I would recommend folk head due West from the Flight master till you hit the coast and then head North on the land on the cliff above the coastline until you hit the Defias folk at the Windmill (it is north of some mine).

Note that I found it though exploring and am assuming it is the only or first windmill as you head north (unfortunately I can't get a screenshot as I am stuck in queue). If you hit one windmill and they are not respawning pretty quickly check to see if there are more north...

The mobs around that windmill are a hyperspawn and you can grind them to at least level 16 (possibly higher). You might even be able to now join your 2 level 18s with your level 12s and be more efficient (if not are losing XP then stay un-grouped and keep trying at various levels until it is better to group them).

Once those mobs are fully grey to your entire team then head to the area outside DM and grind there till ~20. At 20 go train up and then farm DM.

For more info on HyperSpawns you can read the following thread:

https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...ideo-included)
    Last edited by nodoze : 09-24-2019 at 07:42 PM

Thanks Nodoze. So I assume at these levels grinding is better than questing? I had a look at a few 10-20 zones and it seems they are plagued with collection quests. So a lot of travel would be needed to cherry pick the fast quests.

But again, some quests are really rewarding in xp...

Any others who have followed a different path?

Like you I did the FedEx to 12 and got all my key Flight Points.

Questwise, in addition to FedEx, I did all the quests in Westfall including the gather X of Y bandana quests that were prereqs to Deadmines quests (I loot on a central toon and then each toon until they stopped being able to loot the quest drop & EMA helped me keep track of who was done). I otherwise skipped gather X of Y quests unless they were pre-reqs to a dungeon quest...

Other than those I pretty much only ground the Hyper Spawn as it was crazy fast XP and lots of cloth (I maxed first aid as high as I could on all my toons and still had a lot of cloth left over for tailoring). I would farm that spawn till it is grey... You will easily complete the gather much of the gather x bandana quests here.

I then did all of the Deadmine quests (some of which need the X of Y bandanas) and farmed the mine area outside Deadmines until 20. The Deadmines quests are listed here (should be able to follow links to the X of Y Bandana pre-reqs):

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/deadmines-classic-dungeon

I did Deadmines until 25 and tried to gear my team there as much as possible and then did Stockades till 30. I then went to SM GY through 32 but instead of going to straight to SM Library decided I wanted to check out Gnomergan for a bit so i grabbed all those quests and have been exploring Gnomergan (I had skipped that way back in Vanilla and wanted to see it).
    Last edited by nodoze : 09-25-2019 at 03:46 PM

Believe me, skip the quests, only do Defias Brotherhood for the blue reward and People's Militia for the tank mace and the wands.

For nostalgia reasons I did all the quests in westfall with a 5 toon group. That's 40 gnoll paws, 40 sacks of oats, 40 goretusk livers and 15 snouts, 15 stringy vulture meat, 15 murloc eyes, 15 okra, 25 flasks of oil, 25 hops, and 75 bandanas. It will drive you to your wits end when one toon picked up 7 okra and you didn't notice for ages because EMA shows 'done' and you are wondering why the other toon is still on 1/3.

At the end I was only level 15 so I'm not convinced it was so great for the XP. It was great for cooking however, and if you like 4-slot bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeowel View Post
    Believe me, skip the quests, only do Defias Brotherhood for the blue reward and People's Militia for the tank mace and the wands.

For nostalgia reasons I did all the quests in westfall with a 5 toon group. That's 40 gnoll paws, 40 sacks of oats, 40 goretusk livers and 15 snouts, 15 stringy vulture meat, 15 murloc eyes, 15 okra, 25 flasks of oil, 25 hops, and 75 bandanas. It will drive you to your wits end when one toon picked up 7 okra and you didn't notice for ages because EMA shows 'done' and you are wondering why the other toon is still on 1/3.

At the end I was only level 15 so I'm not convinced it was so great for the XP. It was great for cooking however, and if you like 4-slot bags.
    Yeah I only did the gather X of Y bandana quests that were prereqs to Deadmines quests. The oats and other stuff were for the birds...

Thanks for your inputs. I'll focus on the hyperspawn + bandanas then!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeowel View Post

Grinding is typically better than questing for a 5 box in my experience, unless the quests directly align with what you're grinding.

The issue with quests is, you end up with A LOT of down time, even when you're in a spawn killing for the quest. If you just find a spawn that can support your 5 box kill speed, it's going to be faster than questing in almost all circumstances. I did what you did, I leveled to 18 via questing with my 4 warriors/priest group, and it was absolutely awful. Doing collection quests that took 2 hours, because I needed 100-120 drops for 5 characters, and the spawn wasn't able to keep up, both due to my rate of killing, and quest competition.

I remember doing the gold dust quest I think in Elwynn forest the first night, and it legitimately took me 2 hours to complete it. Had I just gone to a spawn where I could have grinded mobs without let up, I would have leveled in 30-45 minutes, but instead I dicked around in a mine for 2 hours and gained like 2 bubbles of xp lol.