Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: My New UI WIP

Nice work.

I spend next to no time working on my UI but lots and lots of time on my dxNothing window.

To OP:

I love working on my UI.

Have you ever considered turning off the action bars during combat? Let's face it ... when multiboxing and in combat are you really paying attention to the bars, DPS meters, or even the damage scrolling across your screen?

I created an addon dedicated turn all that stuff off. When you multibox the only time combat logs etc are important is when you die, not during combat.

Blog Entries

@kalos72 for the Invasion timers I'm using this:

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/legioninvasiontimer

I actually like the Jamba group window, but as I'm trying to work out some more custom/flexible healing for different situations I decided to go this way. I'm hoping to tag team some raid bosses this time around with one or more boxers.

@JohnGabriel I plan to devote some serious time to my isboxer setup after the UI is finished and I've upgraded my machine a bit. I have a feeling it's going to be just as involved with the functionality I'm wanting to include in my setup.

@CDNProdigy That's actually something I'm seriously considering. Possibly with WeakAuras alerts (or whatever equivalent I decide on) to tell me when an ability is off cooldown. I'm trying to make this one give me feedback that I want/when I want it rather than just all the bars all the time. At most, I think the rotational abilities and possibly consumables will be visible. But the consumables will definitely be added into my alerts.

Skada is definitely going to be hidden during combat, I like having it after combat. But it's more distracting than anything during combat.

When I'm finished I'll probably make a short video to display the UI in action.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Ok so now you got me thinking Hor, thats not nice!

One question I have about UI's in general is how do you setup all "55" toons the same way? I would love to get a more minimalist UI setup but doing it one at a time is deal breaker.

I have the same issue with Jamba actually, setting the same configuration on each time, one at a time.

Blog Entries

I'll do a walkthrough of setting it up across game licenses, it occurs to me that might be useful info for a lot of people. I'll get to work on it tonight.

Blog Entries

I start over with a minimalist UI every couple of years and then slowly get junk bloat.

Maybe this month I declutter again.

Blog Entries

WoWScrnShot_083116_202425.jpg

Here's how the UI is looking currently, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's clean and aside from a few minor hiccups I'm still figuring out as I get my team going, it's just about ready for public consumption.

@kalos72 - Here's the short answer, I do all of the UI setup on my main here.

I do all of the UI setup on a single character, then I delete the WTF folders for all other characters when I'm ready. I save the settings on an AddOn basis to something memorable, in my case SRS. Then I make a macro for the addons that use those settings.

/suf profiles
    /bt profiles choose srs

All I have to do is select SRS on the Shadow Unit Frames profile dialog for each character. Everything else should be fixed, it's just a matter of moving spells/macros to where they go.

Speaking of, here's one such macro that's come in quite handy.

#showtooltip item:11122
    /dismount [mounted]
    /run SetMapToCurrentZone() local f,g,c,s="Pureblood Fire Hawk","Ironhoof Destroyer",GetCurrentMapContinent() s=(IsFlyableArea() and c>-1 and c<7) and f or g CastSpellByName(s) SetMacroSpell(GetRunningMacro(),s)

This macro when pressed uses the Pureblood Fire Hawk if in an area where you can fly, if not it will instead use the Ironhoof Destroyer. And, just so it doesn't constantly show a big black box with a red question mark I made it show the tooltip for Carrot on a Stick. Be aware, this macro is 254 characters long in it's current state. If you make any substitutions you'll need to either have an addon to extend macro length, or be careful about the length of the mount names you use.

This UI is made for 1080p res, I've still got to do a little tinkering with the scaling. It looks kinda stupid when you start boxing with it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    /dismount [mounted]
    /run SetMapToCurrentZone() local f,g,c,s="Pureblood Fire Hawk","Ironhoof Destroyer",GetCurrentMapContinent() s=(IsFlyableArea() and c>-1 and c<7) and f or g CastSpellByName(s) SetMacroSpell(GetRunningMacro(),s)

This macro when pressed uses the Pureblood Fire Hawk if in an area where you can fly, if not it will instead use the Ironhoof Destroyer. And, just so it doesn't constantly show a big black box with a red question mark I made it show the tooltip for Carrot on a Stick. Be aware, this macro is 254 characters long in it's current state. If you make any substitutions you'll need to either have an addon to extend macro length, or be careful about the length of the mount names you use.
    You can cut 90% of that out with:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [flyable] Pureblood Fire Hawk; Ironhoof Destroyer
    Or flip it:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [noflyable] Ironhoof Destroyer; Pureblood Fire Hawk
    You can keep your dismount line in there if you want, but simply pressing the key again (when mounted) will dismount you.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_conditionals#flyable
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

Thanks MiRai! I'm going to play around with that just a little, but so far looks like it's working perfectly.

That gives me room to make this macro even better than I originally intended.

Here's how it looks now.

/dismount [mounted]
    /use [modifier: alt] Grand Expedition Yak
    /use [flyable] Pureblood Fire Hawk; Ironhoof Destroyer

Lets me use Expedition Yak when I hold alt or do as originally planned, Fire Hawk if flying is usable, Destroyer otherwise. And leaves PLENTY of room for other mounts. Thanks again MiRai.
    Last edited by Hor : 09-01-2016 at 01:55 PM