Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Question 10-man multi-boxing concept advice please

I signed up to the forums specifically to get advice on this concept. See I have disdain for group activities in WoW after several dozen runs through LFG and LFR, both on Live and the Legion Beta, and I'm sick of it. I've got an idea to multi-box 10 characters in order to make up the minimum raid size for Normal.

To do this, I'd need multiple characters. I have a few ideas on group composition, and I'm guessing that the less number of different classes the better, correct? I've thought of 10x Druid, which may be the simplest option. Another was:

- 2 tanks, probably a Paladin and DK
    - 2 healers, probably both Holy Priests (I hear they're really good in Legion)
    - 6 ranged DPS, because melee will complicate the plan further, these could be of varying specs or just one (Elemental Shaman comes to mind)

Each of the 10 instances would run on fairly-Low settings. That would still mean I'd need more than one PC for sure, not to mention multiple monitors. Even so, I wouldn't need to spend a fortune on each individual machine right?

The end-goal is to run my own party (and I suppose my own guild too). I don't have any real-life mates who play WoW anymore, and I still have some interest in the game, although it is waning because of the aforementioned issues in red. If someone/others could help me out with this concept, I'd be thankful for your assistance.

Before I go I must emphasize concept. That is all it is at this present time. If I were to do this, I'd need to save up a fair bit of money to go towards it. Also I have other things in my pipeline; things which rank far above multi-boxing a computer game. That being said, your help towards this concept would be greatly appreciated.

Im not 100% sure but i think you can box 10 on a single PC, and with the new 10 series Nvidia cards surely GPU shouldnt be a bottleneck.

Im running 5 accounts comfortably on one PC and my computer is nowhere near the top of the specs these days.

Are you US or EU? You may find others here that may box with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Someone like me on EU Alliance
    Am always interterested on PVE stuff

take a look here:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/51354-Battletags!
    Last edited by Djawol : 06-25-2016 at 07:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I frequent (or rather, frequented, because right now I'm not playing) the Oceanic realm Caelestrasz.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiboxdan View Post
    Each of the 10 instances would run on fairly-Low settings. That would still mean I'd need more than one PC for sure, not to mention multiple monitors. Even so, I wouldn't need to spend a fortune on each individual machine right?
    I 10 boxed on my old computer about 4 years ago, I'm sure something gaming specific will be fine with just a single computer. You can test it yourself by just creating 10 free starter accounts and 10-box up to level 20.

I am curious if you have multiboxed before? It kind of sounds like you're jumping into 10 boxing right from the start. I'd go with dual-boxing and 5-boxing.

I think I box for about same reasons, don't want to have to group.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I am curious if you have multiboxed before? It kind of sounds like you're jumping into 10 boxing right from the start. I'd go with dual-boxing and 5-boxing.
    This. You should probably level at least one 5man team first to see if you like multiboxing.

Beyond that, I think that simplifying classes is a reasonably good idea, although making your one dps class an elemental shaman would be a mistake.

Blog Entries

I can tell you from experience, a single PC is perfectly capable of running 10 man (at least in WOD).

I managed a similar team using a 6700k, 16gigs of ram and a single 980 TI. I ran my raid on a 40 inch 4k screen, and was running on stable 60 FPS at high settings. I'm going to be focusing on 5 myself for a while, I'd really rather do that and tag team with another boxer (or several) to do raid content in Legion.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Creating a 10-man multi-boxing group is just a thought I had to eliminate reliance on other players who may or may not be incompetent stupid idiots. I saw it almost all the way through the Legion Beta, and it happens on Live clients too. At best this concept was probably just a knee-jerk reaction to the aforementioned frustrations. I have multi-boxed before, up to 5-man, but this was back in Cataclysm. I didn't have a fun experience with it back then either - leveling took far too long.

Cost wise, the most I could probably handle is dual-boxing a pair of BM Hunters. Even then I'd still be subject to possible player incompetence, but I guess that cannot be avoided. Pity.