Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Macros and bindings question

Hi all.

Question.
    If i do for example Deathknight macro with binding 1+ctr+alt in wow library section.
    And then use the same binding for a hunter in wow library section ..

Will putting theese two in the same group confuse isboxer ?
    or will the output be sent as it should be to win 1 and win 2 etc..

what im asking for is if a can go 1-2-3-4-5-6 .............. with ctrl+alt for every class i do macros for. or do i have to do seperate bindings for each class (subclass) i wanna do macros for..

Yes. Rather than try to reword this and probably end up making it less clear, I'll just quote Mbox_bob directly:

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    In an attempt to clarify that a little, each macro for a given Character needs it's own unique Key Combination. You can use the same Key Combination for different macros in different macro sets, provided that a combination of those macro sets using the same Key Combination will not be assigned to the same character.
    This allows you to specify a macro in your Paladin Macro Set to use CTRL+SHIFT+Y and another macro for your Shaman Macro Set to use CTRL+SHIFT+Y, and they do completely different things.

Just be aware that when doing this, the class specific Macro Sets should be assigned to the Character, and not the Character Set, because when assigned to the Character Set, then all the characters in that set will get the macro, and you then may get error messages in game.
    So, as long as the that character does not use any other macro set with a conflicting keybind, it's fine.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 06-14-2016 at 12:15 PM

thnx this made it alot easier.. rather then trying to remeber all the ctrl alt shift num etc u have used already.

Blog Entries

I'd suggest picking a two modifier combo and keeping it sacred to your class only macros. I did a blog post last month that went over creating class macros and I included an example set you can download (because making all those keybinds by hand is boring as hell).

http://www.dual-boxing.com/entries/1065-Getting-Started-with-Like-A-Pro-Class-macros