Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

I'm going to use the [spec] WoW macro condition to handle the spec differences between classes and use the base class ATG to determine who gets what otherwise. That should suffice.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    So if I understand you correctly we need to send a wide array of both spec macros to the client at the time of the export? Why? This seems wasteful and inefficient. This means a warrior that has to do both Arms and Prot needs macros for both at the time of the export instead of just one.
    It's essentially the same thing as having all of your macros written out on your character already. What I mean is... If you were playing your Warrior in the same situation without ISBoxer, then you'd have all of these macros in your macro banks already (or even on a separate page of your action bar). This is what's going on when you add a character to several different sets of macros at once through the Game Helper, and it doesn't matter whether you bind a Prot Warrior macro to an Arms Warrior because you're never going to tell an Arms Warrior to execute a Prot Warrior macro--it just doesn't make sense to do such a thing. However, by "attaching" the macro to the Warrior beforehand, regardless of spec, it makes it ready to go for when you switch specs.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

This is the updated macro if anyone was interested:

Code:
    /use [nocombat] Findle's Loot-A-Rang

!if (character is in "Warlock") /click [spec:2] Destro-ST
    !if (character is in "Warlock") /click [spec:1] AF-ST

!if (character is in "Mage") /click [spec:2] FRST
    !if (character is in "Mage") /click [spec:1] ARC-ST

!if (character is in "Warrior") /click [spec:2] ARMS-ST
    !if (character is in "Warrior1") /click [spec:1] PROT-ST
    !if( character is in "Warrior2") /click [spec:1] FURY-ST

!if (character is in "Hunter") /click [spec:2] BMST
    !if (character is in "Hunter") /click [spec:1] MARKS-ST
    Spec 1 will be PvE universally on all my characters and spec 2 will be the PvP spec.

That does what I need without needing the spec-type ATGs.

I have a button that swaps my monks from one atg to another and switches from aoe farm spec to dungeon spec and back. My macros do not change and I do not have to reload UI when switching specs. That has been working for me since at least when WoD went on pre-sale.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I have a button that swaps my monks from one atg to another and switches from aoe farm spec to dungeon spec and back. My macros do not change and I do not have to reload UI when switching specs. That has been working for me since at least when WoD went on pre-sale.
    The macro you are talking about (using my way):

Go PvP:

Code:
    /equipset [spec:1] PVP
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2
    Go PvE:

Code:
    /equipset [spec:2] PVE
    /usetalents [spec:2] 1
    The reason I have them separate is due to the fact that one or more of the boxed toons may be in the wrong gear / spec. So ensuring they are all in the same one requires a quick 1 or 2 toggle.

Fury is the only one so far that has been a bit problematic due to the fact two 2 handers can't be equipped without respeccing first. So I just put this in his Fury-ST macro:

Code:
    /equipset PVE
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 11-27-2015 at 12:55 AM Reason: Additions - Fury exception

Blog Entries

You really should consider trying like a pro rather than the if ATG X do A, if ATG Z do B macros

It really is a cleaner way to handle spec swaps than million character ATG macros.

Yes, you'll have a larger set of macros on a given toon (I think I got up to about 30 at one time, but that was before spells were pared for WOD) but it is so much easier to modify specs and rotations in game.