Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default IsBoxer Mini-map select box

I've been using IsBoxer for years but still would be considered a beginner at it since I never really did much more than the basic wizards and keymaps. But encouraged by the positive comments about my loot guide I thought I'd venture out of my comfort zone yet again and create another mini-guide of the results.

I made a drop-down select box, and I use it choose which toon's mini-map is displayed. For example, while leading on my main I might have my herbalists mini-map displayed. Not just for mini-maps and not just for WoW, this type of select box seems useful for other things in addition to other games.

What do you think?

Its nothing very advanced, you'll probably be able to create it easy enough without a guide.

Before You Start Wikilink: adding images
    Here are some button graphics for you. Copyright WoW, I took them from a game screenshot.
    They are normal/hover/click images.
    wowmenu_normal.pngwowmenu_hover.pngwowmenu_click.png

You will need to know the exact location and size of the mini-map and where to place the buttons. Unless your screen resolution is exactly the same as mine.

Lets Begin
    Wikilink: Creating menus
    Wikilink: Creating button sets

First Step
    You need a single button menu to place under your mini-map, using the above button graphics it will be 88x15 with a start position (at my screen resolution) of 1790,164.

Have the single button in the button set load the menu you create in step 2.

Second Step
    You need a 5 button menu. It will have the same start position as the above menu.

In addition to using the button graphics, select the Text option and add text to each of the 5 buttons. Button one would say "Slot 1", button two would say "Slot 2", etc.

This menu should be set to "pop up". We will come back in the fourth step to add the button actions to this menu.

Third Step
    We need to create an additional button set with 5 buttons. We will use this to copy the button settings to the main mini-map button.

Add the button graphics and also select the Text option and add text to each button, button 1 says "Slot 1", button 2 says "Slot 2", etc.

The action of each button should load the menu you created in step 2.

Fourth Step
    Go back to the 5 button menu you created in step 2 and for each button you add a "Menu Button Action"

Under "Menu Button to change" all should use button1 of the minimap button set you created in the first step.

Now also select the "Pull setting from" checkbox, and have it pull the settings from the extra button set you created in step 3. Button 1 pulls settings from Button 1, Button 2 pulls settings from Button 2, etc.

Break Time
    Now if I explained everything correctly you should have a working drop-down select box.

Drag a character name or character set down to the menu button so it loads automatically then load that toon and try it out.

Final Step WikiLink: Working with VideoFX
    Now you just need the buttons to do something. Add all the actions to the button set you created in step 2.

The easy way is to create a video source when the game is open and line it up right over your mini-map. Save that as a video set, then just have the buttons load different video sets depending on which button you clicked. But then you'd have to do that every time you create a new team you want to use this on.

A better way would be to take Ugh's advice and add "create" and "destroy" video actions to the buttons to create the video sources and viewer. If your screen resolution is the same as mine you will use a Position of 1764,24 and Size of 137x135

I always sent a "destroy" video action before sending a "create", and it caused no problems even if there was nothing to destroy.

Comments welcome.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 10-27-2015 at 02:43 AM Reason: Work in progress

Wow i like this or though I would of got the buttons from the blizzard add-on files then screenshots.

I was was thinking away how I could do something to cast some spells on one char (batres) and this might work well then having loads of bars all over the screen.

Very nice guide as well.

Good idea. Something like the mage portal spells all from a button on my main.

For a list of spells, you wouldn't need to update the main button text every time. You could skip the third and fourth step of the guide no problem. The only hard part is getting the buttons to look like you want them.

Blog Entries

Wow! I'm really impressed with this and your loot system post. Keep up the good work! Almost enough to lure a person back to boxing.

This is the stuff I like to see. It's so simple, yet so useful to a lot of players. In the past, there have been several people who have gotten, we'll say, angry about the "lack of ISBoxer documentation," but for some features, like VideoFX, there is only so much that can be "taught" about them, and then it's up to the end user to decide how they want to make it work for them, and then design it from the ground up.

Just to add an idea to this, if you didn't want a button sitting below your minimap, you could always get a bit fancier with something like a radial menu that acts similar to the WoW add-on OPie, and can control the mini-maps in that fashion.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

That is sick. O.o

Very handy when I often don't have my gathering professions on my usual lead toons but don't always need to see the gatherer's radar either. Excellent idea.

Very slick!

I have something similar in mine but mine changes which active game client I want to see.

Keep it up!
    Last edited by CDNProdigy : 10-27-2015 at 05:04 PM