Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 29

You can box/boost on the same battle.net as it holds up to 8.. or you can raf to a new one.. as long as the account holder name matches on both it's fine.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 02-28-2015 at 02:22 AM

So to RAF I need to set them up like different people...makes sense. Do you create new gmail accounts or something or just use your own information?

To raf you go onto the first account ingame (on the friends list click the hands symbol) then ref to your own email and use the same name.. you can even use your original email over and over (so long as you're adding more accounts to the same battle.net) which is what I have done. If you want to raf to a 2nd battle.net then you'd need a second email but using the same account holder name.

Just be sure to go to your email and click the referral link or you wont get raf.

I played wow for 8 years and now have a brand new battle.net to start over to keep the game fun.

Are you an EU or US player?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/shop/recruit-a-friend/
    Last edited by Andreauk : 02-28-2015 at 02:36 AM

You're quite welcome!

I personally prefer having all my accounts on the same Battle.net account for convenience as well as to satisfy my completionist tendencies. Doing it like that means they share achievements, mounts, battlepets, toys, heirlooms and can exchange other Battle.net Accound Bound items such as reputation tokens. If they'd be on a different Battle.net account, the new accounts would start from scratch and if there's anything (e.g. a rare mount) you'd like to have on all your characters, you'd have to farm it for each of your Battle.net accounts (assuming you'd end up with active WoW licences on multiple, of course).

I don't think you have to be worried about getting banned. World of Warcraft is rather forgiving when it comes to multiboxing, as is Blizzard. I've even had a game master and his manager go out of their way to help me recently after telling them I'm a multiboxer and wanting to achieve something specific with how my accounts are set up. It's simply a matter of sticking to the rules, which you can find elsewhere on this forum as well. In short, multiboxing means actively playing - no matter how efficient some of our macros might get, and no matter how passionately clueless people might claim that you're cheating and they're going to report you and get you banned. Botting will get you banned, multiboxing won't.

So if I were you, I'd simply add the licences to your existing Battle.net account so you can reap the aforementioned benefits. Unless of course, as Andreauk mentioned, you'd like to make a fresh start.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 02-28-2015 at 02:54 AM

Thank you both for your detailed answers!

If you like ti instance grind/farm, can you use the que with your full pre-made group to take advantage of the bonuses and instant travel to the instance?

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    If you like ti instance grind/farm, can you use the que with your full pre-made group to take advantage of the bonuses and instant travel to the instance?
    Absolutely. The game sees no difference whatsoever between a normal premade group, and one consisting of the characters of a multiboxer, because effectively there isn't one. As long as you have all the roles covered (tank, healer and three dps for 5-mans for example), and the dungeons are in level range (normal rules apply), you can queue up for them through the dungeon finder just fine. I personally also quite enjoyed doing the 3-man scenarios in Mists of Pandaria like that, where the roles didn't even matter - though unfortunately Warlords of Dreanor doesn't have any of those.

However, since you mentioned bonuses, I'd like to mention that you won't receive the bonus bag of spoils for the tank or healer roles with premade groups, those are only there to encourage queueing for randoms with strangers/asshats.

If you haven't already, you might like to check out MiRai's MMO Multiboxing Gameplay videos on YouTube, which provide a nice introduction to multiboxing and over the course of seven videos, builds up to doing a dungeon with a 5-man team. Even as someone who was already multiboxing WoW when I watched them, I still found nuggets of useful information in there and ideas for alternate ways to go about setting things up.
    Last edited by MultiBear : 02-28-2015 at 12:38 PM

Thanks again, great line of videos there.

When accounts do get banned...will the battle net get hit or just the individual account that had the violation typically? Just trying to make sure that my primary account doesnt get clipped for something I do on the others. :/

If you stick to the rules then there is no chance of getting banned.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 03-01-2015 at 05:36 AM

I have a main account with multiple toons that can boost...do you care/try to have the new mutliboxed accounts separate from the main so there is no "trail" or am I over thinking it? I dont want to see my main account banned or something should I do something stupid on the new accounts.
    When accounts do get banned...will the battle net get hit or just the individual account that had the violation typically? Just trying to make sure that my primary account doesnt get clipped for something I do on the others. :/
    What is with your obsession about getting banned? Do you see people posting about being banned by Blizzard for multiboxing in this, or any other forum? Blizzard has allowed multiboxing since the game was released over 10 years ago, so you being banned for strictly multiboxing just isn't going to happen.

Calm down, start up some additional accounts, don't be a dick to others just because you're multiboxing, and enjoy the playstyle.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks again, great line of videos there.

Av been temp banned a few times on some accounts never @ battle.net level.

• Once for spamming trade with a char left in the city and some how had a macro spamming trade chat oops
    • Once for a silly guild name the Germans did not like.

All silly tuff but nothing from running more then one account and Av even done bg's and Ashran, unless you start mutibotting you be fine and if U did want to do the 1st then don't,

as for players that report you I normal tell them av been doing it years link something from 2004 add them to my friends list a week later /w them back. Saying still here not been banned yet. A few times they been banned for calling me every name under the sun. I always right click and report them if there like that.